The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Unconditional for Human Sciences tonight! Really great to get an offer, so pleased. Not my first choice as I am going for medicine, but still... it's bloody great to know that I am least going to be able to go to a top university to do an incredibly interesting subject.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 181
Applying for Computer Science after my foundation year! Just need that distinction...
Original post by AGM
Unconditional for Human Sciences tonight! Really great to get an offer, so pleased. Not my first choice as I am going for medicine, but still... it's bloody great to know that I am least going to be able to go to a top university to do an incredibly interesting subject.

did you already have your results?
Reply 183
Original post by maxcartwright
did you already have your results?

I did indeed, I applied last year to Medicine and failed to get in, so I decided to mix it up a bit this year :smile:

I got AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Politics.
I am applying for geography :biggrin:
Reply 185
I applied to Hispanic Studies with English! KCL is one of my top choices, if I don't get into Oxford I'll probably go here or to Queen Mary.
Original post by bittersweet16
I'm in my first year doing Law at King's, so ask me anything :smile: I got in via Ucas adjustment, by the way!

Hi. I think I will apply to King's this year for law. All my applications are for Law and French law except King's (because it asks you to apply for Law and then transfer in 1st year) so my personal statement has a section on French law/year abroad. Will this cause any problems for my application?

Also, the inevitable question: what was your LNAT score?
Reply 187
Anyone else having problems with the online application? (Postgraduate) I just tried submitting mine and it came up with a random error but the status did change from Incomplete to Complete. Slightly baffled. :s-smilie:

I sent them an email anyway to ask.
Reply 188
Original post by Akkuz
Anyone else having problems with the online application? (Postgraduate) I just tried submitting mine and it came up with a random error but the status did change from Incomplete to Complete. Slightly baffled. :s-smilie:

I sent them an email anyway to ask.

You using UCAS or the mykings thing? I think the mykings thing is down
Reply 189
Original post by Lewis :D
You using UCAS or the mykings thing? I think the mykings thing is down

Not UCAS. I'm applying directly for a masters. The MyApplication thing.
Reply 190
Original post by Akkuz
Not UCAS. I'm applying directly for a masters. The MyApplication thing.

Sorry, should've used my common sense :lol:. When I logged onto the MyApplication site Friday it said it would be down for maintenance during Saturday night so that might explain it :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by Lewis :D
Sorry, should've used my common sense :lol:. When I logged onto the MyApplication site Friday it said it would be down for maintenance during Saturday night so that might explain it :smile:

Yeah I saw that too. So I waited till today to do it. I hope my application went through! :frown:
KCL International Politics gives offers out so late! Last year people were getting them in February.
Reply 193
I'm in my first year doing Law at King's, so ask me anything :smile: I got in via Ucas adjustment, by the way!

How are you finding the course?

Did you have an interview at for King's?

I'm applying for Law too and if I don't get into Oxford, King's is where I want to go :smile:
Reply 194
Original post by AGM

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what subjects and grades did you get in order to make the unconditional offer? Does that mean you already sat your A2 exams?

Edit: So sorry, I got too excited and didn't see the following posts about your grade! No need to reply, obviously. Congratulations again on your offer. =]
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 195
If anyone else is having trouble with applying to King's (postgraduate) use INTERNET EXPLORER.

The other browsers don't work, when submitting application.
Original post by Olive12
How are you finding the course?

Did you have an interview at for King's?

I'm applying for Law too and if I don't get into Oxford, King's is where I want to go :smile:

1) I love the course! It's challenging but that's what Law is like in general. King's is good because we're in the very centre - on my way to the library I pass the Royal Courts of Justice everyday. And we have lots of famous academics coming in. The lecturers are fantastic too. And of course it's London! Best city ever (in my humble opinion.) When I think back to all my studying I know A-Levels were worth it because they brought me to King's.

2) I didn't have an interview for King's (hooray). I just had the basic entry requirements but I do know people who got A*A*A*, it's scary.

We do have a lot of people who didn't get into Oxbridge though...! but then my criminal lecturer used to teach at Cambridge so I like to pretend it's almost the same...
Original post by fawltyfan
Hi. I think I will apply to King's this year for law. All my applications are for Law and French law except King's (because it asks you to apply for Law and then transfer in 1st year) so my personal statement has a section on French law/year abroad. Will this cause any problems for my application?

Also, the inevitable question: what was your LNAT score?

Erm this is really weird but I didn't do LNAT! Originally I applied to non-LNAT unis but then decided to go to King's last minutes.

It probably won't cause any problems for your application, but I don't know that much about UCAS really. I do know some Law and French Law students though, and they're lovely. Jealous that they go to Paris!
Erm this is really weird but I didn't do LNAT! Originally I applied to non-LNAT unis but then decided to go to King's last minutes.

It probably won't cause any problems for your application, but I don't know that much about UCAS really. I do know some Law and French Law students though, and they're lovely. Jealous that they go to Paris!

Wow. You were so lucky! The LNAT is a horrible unknown in the application - causes a great deal of stress!

Ahhh Paris... I really want to do that double degree thing that only King's does where you spend 2 years in London and 2 in Paris - it would be amazing.
Original post by AGM
I did indeed, I applied last year to Medicine and failed to get in, so I decided to mix it up a bit this year :smile:

I got AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Politics.

ah well congratulations:biggrin: im on a gap year and applying for war studies, they want A*AA :frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest