The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lewis :D
That sounds nice! French and Hispanic Studies. I'm a little worried that people there are unsociable, is anyone else worrying about that or am I being stupid? :biggrin:

You're being stupid :wink: Just kidding! I'm not sure but the students I met at the open day seemed really friendly and sociable so that could be a good indicator!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by SimplyComplex
I've done similar to you - instead of listing a load of French books I've read, I've focused on talking about 2/3 in detail instead and what I disagreed/agreed with. My introduction still needs work, though. Ooh, did you stay with a family in Bretagne? I stayed in a tiny village in Clermont-Ferrand for 2 weeks this Summer. :smile:

My parents would rather me stay in the north, but most of the unis I want to apply for are in the midlands and the south. London is a pretty awesome city - I love the tube and the amount of shops there. xD

Last summer I stayed with a family in Brittany, yep. This time I'm going with a friend (who is applying for Russian and French) for three weeks! Aw, talking about French and personal statements makes me want to work on my own PS for a bit a the minute but I've already put on my robe and slippers. Too relaxed with my mug of chocolate :cool:

What was Clermont like? I stayed in Bottière-Doulon which is a super-cosy and cute place in Nantes. I miss it lol :love:

'm a little worried that people there are unsociable, is anyone else worrying about that or am I being stupid? :biggrin:

When I went to the Open day everyone was really friendly. I got lost actually and some third years walked me back safely all the way to Chancery Lane! KCL folk are lovely in my experience. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by IloveIt
I'm applying for Nutrition and Dietetics :smile:

Ooh i'll hopefully be applying for that in the 2013 entry :biggrin:
Good luckk!!

Btw what AS grades did you get, if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 43
Original post by Beckiix
You're being stupid :wink: Just kidding! I'm not sure but the students I met at the open day seemed really friendly and sociable so that could be a good indicator!

Original post by Strüberry

When I went to the Open day everyone was really friendly. I got lost actually and some third years walked me back safely all the way to Chancery Lane! KCL folk are lovely in my experience. :biggrin:

That's nice to know! I was ignoring thinking people would be less sociable in the big cities. How did you guys find the open days? What are you applying for Struberry?
yeahhhhhhh I am applying. Business Management- predicted AABaa. HOPEFULLY GET A OFFER
That's nice to know! I was ignoring thinking people would be less sociable in the big cities. How did you guys find the open days? What are you applying for Struberry?

Just French. :smile:

The Open day....oh God....it was MAGNIFIQUE. One of the current students explained all the literature and language modules we could and how much flexibility we had in our programmes. Then they talked about societies, life in halls and social stuff in general which was really reassuring because I thought people would be snobbish but they weren't at all. Everyone was really welcoming and kind. They also walked us around the campus aaand showed us the world famous Maughan library which was also the Dumbledore's office in the films. I died! :biggrin:
Reply 46
Just French. :smile:

The Open day....oh God....it was MAGNIFIQUE. One of the current students explained all the literature and language modules we could and how much flexibility we had in our programmes. Then they talked about societies, life in halls and social stuff in general which was really reassuring because I thought people would be snobbish but they weren't at all. Everyone was really welcoming and kind. They also walked us around the campus aaand showed us the world famous Maughan library which was also the Dumbledore's office in the films. I died! :biggrin:

I'm gutted I didn't go now :frown:. Hopefully they'll have another open day. What sort of modules and literature do we study? Are you doing the three or four year degree? :smile:
Reply 47
They also walked us around the campus aaand showed us the world famous Maughan library which was also the Dumbledore's office in the films. I died! :biggrin:

:undefined:heart
Reply 48
ahh im apply for philosophy or law. havnt decided yet. i really hope i get in but my GCSE grades are not great. :frown: im gunna give it a shot though.
Reply 49
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
Ooh i'll hopefully be applying for that in the 2013 entry :biggrin:
Good luckk!!

Btw what AS grades did you get, if you dont mind me asking?

Thank you :smile: I got ABBC at AS and ACC at A2 - I had personal/home problems which I will explain in my personal statement.

I'm resitting as a private candidate and hoping to boost my grades to AAB :smile:
Original post by IloveIt
Thank you :smile: I got ABBC at AS and ACC at A2 - I had personal/home problems which I will explain in my personal statement.

I'm resitting as a private candidate and hoping to boost my grades to AAB :smile:

Ooh you're resitting, dw you'll get your AAB, if you work hard enough! :smile:
lol i got a bit confused because you said you have already got your A2 results and then i read you're resitting :tongue:

and erm btw if im in year 12 atm, it would mean i would be a 2013 entry right? :colondollar: i dont understand any of this stuff tbh :/
Reply 51
and erm btw if im in year 12 atm, it would mean i would be a 2013 entry right? :colondollar: i dont understand any of this stuff tbh :/

If you've just started AS then yes, you'll be entered in the UCAS cycle for 2013 :smile:
Original post by Beckiix
If you've just started AS then yes, you'll be entered in the UCAS cycle for 2013 :smile:

Ooh thank you! :smile::smile:
I'm planning on applying for Computer Science, Kings is my first choice :smile:
Reply 54
I'm new here and I'm a Singaporean. Just wanna ask a around to see my chances for KCL Business Management with my grades.

A Levels
H2 History - A
H2 Economics - A
H2 Math -B
H1 Chemistry - C
General Paper - A
Chinese - B

Any form of help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
Reply 55
I'm applying for medicine :smile:

EDIT: why the neg rating? :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by jl18_92
I'm new here and I'm a Singaporean. Just wanna ask a around to see my chances for KCL Business Management with my grades.

A Levels
H2 History - A
H2 Economics - A
H2 Math -B
H1 Chemistry - C
General Paper - A
Chinese - B

Any form of help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Their website says you need AAA and a B in one AS to get in, so you're just short of one of the As at the moment.
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/entryrequirements/name/business-management/alpha/ABC/header_search/
EDIT: Sorry didn't see the other A, perhaps you'd make it, but General Paper doesn't sound too good, if it's like general studies here I doubt King's accepts it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Ooh you're resitting, dw you'll get your AAB, if you work hard enough! :smile:
lol i got a bit confused because you said you have already got your A2 results and then i read you're resitting :tongue:

Yeah i'm resitting A2 :colondollar: and thank you, hope I do well :smile:

yeah you'd be applying for 2013 entry :smile:
Reply 58
Their website says you need AAA and a B in one AS to get in, so you're just short of one of the As at the moment.
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/entryrequirements/name/business-management/alpha/ABC/header_search/
EDIT: Sorry didn't see the other A, perhaps you'd make it, but General Paper doesn't sound too good, if it's like general studies here I doubt King's accepts it.

Thanks for the response. Yea general paper is the singapore equivalent of general studies. I think I will still give it a go but I'm not very optimistic about it =(
Reply 59
Original post by jl18_92
Thanks for the response. Yea general paper is the singapore equivalent of general studies. I think I will still give it a go but I'm not very optimistic about it =(

Why don't you try resitting one? Also, were these like your AS results or A2? You could perhaps bump up one of the Bs to an A. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest