The Student Room Group

What did you do for your 18th birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Went to a Leeds United match ha. With 3 boys. Wahey for originality!

I turned 18 in October, so none of my closest mates were 18 - went for a meal with them at the weekend and with my parents. I was pretty much in love with one of the boys I went to the match with hence passing up a meal on the night for a cold, wet, windy and rainy night at the footie :smile: he put me in the programme too which pretty much sealed the deal on my undying love for him.. easily pleased. ;P

[Feel the need to add that this was 2 years ago.. I have matured and am far more hard to please now.. ha.]
(edited 11 years ago)
It's my 18th in a few months, and what are the chances...me and one of my bestfriends share the same birthday! We intend to go out clubbing! Gonna try and get our other pal some I.D to use so she's not left out! We basically plan to drink a lot. We're finally legal - go wild.
Reply 82
I had a pretty bizarre 18th to be honest. I'd made a big fuss and invited a handful of friends (my 3 best friends of 6 years and 2 so-so friends) for a fancy dinner party at my house. My 3 "best friends" ended up ditching me as soon as the food was gone because they had better things to do and I ended up at a park with my 2 other friends having some cake and getting completely smashed on champagne. Swing sets are great fun when you're drunk btw.
Mind you that was 3 years ago, my birthdays have significantly improved since :biggrin:
Reply 83
I had a crap party with the family and a few friends in my house, got too drunk, hated it lol
Original post by miser
I wasn't planning to do anything because I didn't really have any friends my own age, but I was a member of a local aikido club and my sensei (coach) took it upon himself to throw a party for me and invited the rest of the club. To this day it remains one of the most touching things a person has done for me, so it'll stay a special memory.

Ah, that's lovely :smile:
Reply 85
Naff all it was in the middle of the week and none of my friends were 18 -_-
Reply 86
It was just another day, I turned 18 in USA and I was still in my freshman year, it was right around exam time as well. It was very low key as a bunch of us went to a Chinese buffet restaurant and that was it.
my cousins from italy came over and my best friend from germany surprised me with a visit,
had a nice meal out on the actually day (a thursday) with about 30 members of friends and family,
then the next day (fri) I had a house party and invited my entire year and the year below, there was about 60 people and because they were all friends, the damage wasn't too bad, but we had some crashers who wouldn't leave and made a massive mess! Overall it was amazing though!
Go to someone else's birthday party...
I spent it in a hotel room throwing up. from midnight till about 4pm from a dodgy chinese
Reply 90
I am going to rent the island of Ibiza for my 18th, invite the entire school, fly there in a fleet of private jets, party for 22 days with unlimited alcohol and designer drugs and then come back to drive my Ferrari and dump it in a lake after crashing it into a priceless antique.
I spent it on my own. In my room. Revising using 3 different books.

All that for a hopefully better 19th.
Reply 92
PAINTBALLING!!!

it was amazing!! but i ended up being the only girl on my team, so i had no one to buddy with :frown: and we got attacked by a group of rich germans who bought thousands of paintballs and liked to yell alot...kind of scary lol
I'm not doing anything for mine. :frown:
mine is on father's day and in the middle of exams :unimpressed: so I'm just going for a meal with my family on the evening then going out with friends the following thursday after my last real exam
It's my 18th today and I haven't done much except go to my nan's house, get fish and chips for lunch and sleep, but tomorrow I'm going shopping, on Tuesday I'm going out for dinner and also going to Brighton for a day or two as well.
Original post by chocolate buttons
It's my 18th today and I haven't done much except go to my nan's house, get fish and chips for lunch and sleep, but tomorrow I'm going shopping, on Tuesday I'm going out for dinner and also going to Brighton for a day or two as well.

Happy Birthday! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 97
An ex boyfriend planned a surprise weekend holiday to Prague from the friday evening to monday morning, was quite romantic to he honest.
Its sort of why ive always preferred older boyfriends like 10 years older, they're more financially capable of more surprises and spending money on you albeit its usually silly things like lingerie, shoes, dresses though haha.
I went to the seaside, my 19th is this week and I'll probably be doing the same! :smile:
Reply 99
I went on a boat trip with my closest friends to Westminister in which we had a picnic on the boat and a tour of London with many photos taken. Then we went to the arcade and had fun. Later that day i had a meal with my family and opened cards/presents followed by Cake and more photos. As my bday is near exam time i couldn't do something to big but luckily it was the weekend. I usually don't celebrate my birthdaybut revising. LOL. If my bday was not near exam time i would take all my friends to Thorpe park/Southend or have a Barbeque/party.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending