The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine with a foundation year 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cobra2k10
just sent my questionare off - pretty late! :frown:
no letter yet!

Don't worry about the letter. Many people have only gotten them in the past few days - yours can't be that far off :smile:
If you're still worried, maybe it's best to ring up and find out's whats going on.
Original post by Ally312
Don't worry about the letter. Many people have only gotten them in the past few days - yours can't be that far off :smile:
If you're still worried, maybe it's best to ring up and find out's whats going on.

I just rang the medicine admissions department :smile: They told me that they have sent everyone the etters who applied for the A108 course and that the last batch of letters were sent yesterday so everyone should be recieving them today or tommorow at the latest. I still have not got my letter... :confused:

I also asked them about the questionare where we had to send them evidence about EMA and parental income... and he said either post it to the university:

Admissions Office,
B Floor Medical Course Office,
Medical School,
The University of Nottingham,
Derby Road,
Nottingham,
NG7 2UH

or email a scanned copy to [email protected]
I just rang the medicine admissions department :smile: They told me that they have sent everyone the etters who applied for the A108 course and that the last batch of letters were sent yesterday so everyone should be recieving them today or tommorow at the latest. I still have not got my letter... :confused:

I also asked them about the questionare where we had to send them evidence about EMA and parental income... and he said either post it to the university:

Admissions Office,
Medical School,
Derby Road,
Nottingham,
NG7 2UH

You've still got tomorrow so I'm sure it'll be okay :smile:
Original post by Ally312
You've still got tomorrow so I'm sure it'll be okay :smile:

what did you put for the 4 medical related work experiences on the questionare?
I put down 2 GP's, pharmacy and a hospital. I need to ring each one of my placements and tell them that one of my uni choices may ring them and ask about me... lol
Reply 184

Admissions Office,
Medical School,
Derby Road,
Nottingham,
NG7 2UH

I was told to send my eligibility proof by email and by post with my questionnaire, because apparently they have to be in two different places!
Original post by tobnot
I was told to send my eligibility proof by email and by post with my questionnaire, because apparently they have to be in two different places!

Really?! I thought it was either :confused:
Reply 186
just sent my questionare off - pretty late! :frown:
no letter yet!

i sent mine today as well.. :frown: i thought i had 2 weeks to do the online question until i checked it today and did it quickly LOL :| phewwwww

I put down 2 GP's, pharmacy and a hospital. I need to ring each one of my placements and tell them that one of my uni choices may ring them and ask about me... lol

and do we have contact them?, do you know if they are going to contact them all? : S I havn't been to the hospital for like 4 months :| becuz i did 6 months and didn't have to do more than that. hope they still remember me :| lol
Original post by Drizzy12
and do we have contact them?, do you know if they are going to contact them all? : S I havn't been to the hospital for like 4 months :| becuz i did 6 months and didn't have to do more than that. hope they still remember me :| lol

your choice, rather be on the safe side... btw, why is ur nickname got rizzy in it??

One at a hospital and one at a rehabilitation centre. I only have two "medically related," my other volunteering stuff is assisting in lower classes in school and stuff :frown:

I've got to tell mine too. The rehab one was a while back, and they may have forgotton me by now lol
Original post by Ally312
One at a hospital and one at a rehabilitation centre. I only have two "medically related," my other volunteering stuff is assisting in lower classes in school and stuff :frown:

I've got to tell mine too. The rehab one was a while back, and they may have forgotton me by now lol

dont worry! only one medical related placement is enough. yeah, good idea :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by sumsum123

Original post by sumsum123
Really?! I thought it was either :confused:

Yeah because at the end of the online questionnaire it said to send them by email and on the printed one it said send them by post, so I called admissions to ask and they told me that the eligibility proof has to be in 2 different places and that it would be an enormous help to sent them by email and post as they ask..... anything to be on their good side! :smile:
Original post by tobnot

when do we have to email it by?
Reply 192
Hey guys,

I applied for this course also, when does the online questionnaire have to be filled in by?
Original post by LKLB93
Hey guys,

I applied for this course also, when does the online questionnaire have to be filled in by?

within 7 days of recieving the email about the questionaire
Original post by IamBeowulf
when do we have to email it by?

i rang and asked and they said as soon as possible but ideally before thr 6th of novemeber..
Reply 195
Thank you very much x
Hey guys :smile: On the questionaire they asked the following 2 questions near the end:

Are you in receipt of an Education Maintenance Allowance at the higher rate?
Does your family receive a means-tested benefit showing a household income of no more than £33,000?

In my case, the answer is YES for both but how do I send evidence for them. For EMA I can send my EMA entitlement letter for 2011-2012 but how do I provide evidence of the second one? Thanks in advance.
Original post by LKLB93
Thank you very much x

anytime x :biggrin:
Reply 198

Hey guys :smile: On the questionaire they asked the following 2 questions near the end:

Are you in receipt of an Education Maintenance Allowance at the higher rate?
Does your family receive a means-tested benefit showing a household income of no more than £33,000?

In my case, the answer is YES for both but how do I send evidence for them. For EMA I can send my EMA entitlement letter for 2011-2012 but how do I provide evidence of the second one? Thanks in advance.

Ask your parents.... They'll have some sort of letter that you can send to show that they receive benefits, i think it's tax credits or income support. :smile:
Original post by tobnot
Ask your parents.... They'll have some sort of letter that you can send to show that they receive benefits, i think it's tax credits or income support. :smile:

Yep, that’s the one I sent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending