The Student Room Group

Is PE GCSE necessary for these A-levels and my career choice?

Hi,

I'm going into my 2nd year of GCSEs and I've decided that I'd like to go down the medical route as a career. I know what you need certain A-Levels to do a Medical Degree, and the A-Levels I'd like to do are maybe Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics but I've heard that it might be good to not just do sciences but do something essay-based (i.e. English language, English literature, History) but I'm not sure. In our school, PE GCSE was offered as a GCSE but I didn't take it. Is this necessary to become a doctor or better myself in any of my preferred A-Level subjects?

Reply 1
Nahhh, PE has very little to do with medicine, and most of the health-related stuff you learn in GCSE PE is covered in a lot more detail at A-level Biology :smile: As long as you've got Biology and Chemistry most uni's dont look at your other choices, just as long as you get predicted A's in all of them, but some Uni's specifically want certain subjects as well such as English or Maths as well so its worth checking out what the Entry requirements are for the unis you want to go to just to make sure :smile:
As far as GCSE's go Biology and Chemistry, English and maths are the only ones they really need, the rest are up to you :smile:
Hope that helps xx
Reply 2
It did, thank you!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending