The Student Room Group

Cardiff Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
:biggrin: Wednesday! :s-smilie: Looks like i'm going to have to do some bedtime reading and re-read some books!
Wasn't expecting anything so soon!
Reply 181
I have an interview tomorrow!! Except it's just a mock one... :frown:

A lady from Cardiff med school (don't actually know how involved she is in admissions) is coming up to my ex-college to mock interview people!! YAyy! I can see I badly I'd perform!
Original post by Minerva McGonagall
Monday :|
Would've liked some more time but hey ho :smile:

So is that just a week's notice?! Thats really short compared to like St.Andrews, they gave me an interview with like a month's notice for next week.

Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by Quackers93
So is that just a week's notice?! Thats really short compared to like St.Andrews, they gave me an interview with like a month's notice for next week.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Yeah :| :|
Other applicants are already having 9 days or so, so it might increase :smile:
Haha wow, you are lucky. Good luck for St. Andrews!

Original post by CH18
:biggrin: Wednesday! :s-smilie: Looks like i'm going to have to do some bedtime reading and re-read some books!

I hope you mean next week not tomorrow haha!
Same, most people I know who've applied previously have not been interviewed until Feb/March time :smile:
Reply 185
So relieved. Got an interview invite from Cardiff today :smile:
Reply 186
Congrats to anyone with interviews, quick word of advice, make sure you know your PS like the back of your hand and are able to talk at length about every aspect of it.
Reply 187
Original post by itsme2011
So relieved. Got an interview invite from Cardiff today :smile:

me tooooo :smile: :smile:
Reply 188

Original post by CH18

Wooo~ me too! :biggrin: 1 week & 1 day notice -_-
I'm so nervous!!!! What time is yours at?
Reply 189
Original post by Elwyn

Original post by Elwyn
Congrats to anyone with interviews, quick word of advice, make sure you know your PS like the back of your hand and are able to talk at length about every aspect of it.

Do they ask quite a lot of questions based on your ps?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 190
Original post by jesong
Do they ask quite a lot of questions based on your ps?

Yeah, they like to see you expand on the things you've said you've done.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 191
Original post by jesong
Wooo~ me too! :biggrin: 1 week & 1 day notice -_-
I'm so nervous!!!! What time is yours at?

1.55 or something like that.
Me too! :s-smilie: And I'm sure I'll get even more nervous as it gets nearer and nearer!
Reply 192
Original post by eliza
me tooooo :smile: :smile:

Is yours on the 25th ?
Reply 193

Original post by CH18
1.55 or something like that.
Me too! :s-smilie: And I'm sure I'll get even more nervous as it gets nearer and nearer!

Oh right, well mine's at 9.30am!!! -_- All the best! I've heard that Cardiff interviews are quite relaxed and friendly... guess we'll have to be ourselves :smile:
Reply 194
Is yours on the 25th ?

Yep :smile: is yours??

Does anyone know what kind of interviews they are? Formal/casual...??
Reply 195
Original post by eliza

are you talking about attire?

Cause I don't think there's such a thing as a casual interview...they're supposed to be serious...you're discussing your next 5 years...i dont think casual is the right word here
Reply 196
Original post by eliza

Yeah mine is on the 25th as well :smile: -

Most likely formal.... Do you have any idea of the sort of questions they ask ? I heard somewhere they may ask about the welsh nhs.
Reply 197
Original post by .eXe

Cause I don't think there's such a thing as a casual interview...they're supposed to be serious...you're discussing your next 5 years...i dont think casual is the right word here

Actually casual is the perfect word.

They are referring to the general tone of the interview, not what they should wear, obviously you need to dress to impress. Cardiff are very relaxed and the interview is more of a friendly discussion than an interview.
Reply 198
Original post by .eXe

No... i mean casual as in do they speak with you in a casual manner about ethical issues and your opinions on them apposed to asking you a load of really tricky chemistry questions....
Obviously its going to be serious and important! lol
Reply 199
Yeah mine is on the 25th as well :smile: -

Most likely formal.... Do you have any idea of the sort of questions they ask ? I heard somewhere they may ask about the welsh nhs.

No i dont :/ but i think i heard somewhere they are very friendly and easy going so hopefully they wont ask anything too impossible! but thank you so much for the heads up! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending