The Student Room Group

St Georges Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by JRPC
Hehe. You're a tricksy one.

To be honest I've no idea what you're implying really lol.

Any additional hints would be greatly appreciated, by all I'm sure :wink:

Also - 'letters' as in proof of experience? Crikey - you know that never occurred to me! I'm sure I can get something for most of em - the most recent at least :s-smilie:

you need letters from all your work exp placements!.....
Reply 181
Original post by JRPC
Well that's got me a little nervous! For some of my experiences, 'letters of evidence' simply don't apply.

See what I can sort out.

Could someone advise as to the worth of non-healthcare related voluntary experience? For example, I've been quite heavily involved in youth - empowerment projects here and there. Not directly relevant I suppose, but I'd like to think shows certain skills and attitudes that should contribute positively to my application.

you can definately use that!.....anything where your working with people is useful!!...as long as you can manipulate it to fit in with the attributes required to make a good doctor!
Original post by praj1
you need letters from all your work exp placements!.....

Its actually the recent ones within the past 2-3 years. The form they use has space for 5 work experiences.
Reply 183
Great. Thanks all.
Reply 184
Original post by manupalace
Its actually the recent ones within the past 2-3 years. The form they use has space for 5 work experiences.

urm actually...on the website it says everywhere you mentioned on your personal statement too!...

so if its been mentioned....you gotta have it!

youve got untill june the 1st 2012 to hand it all in anyway if you cant do it by interview...
Reply 185
Original post by rsp
congratulations! that quite a bit of practice time as well :smile: do u happen to be an international student?

Yes I'm an international student :biggrin:
Hi :smile:

I want to apply to St Georges 2013, I meet their GCSE requirements of 416 points from top 8 GCSEs (inc Maths/Eng Lang/Sciences).

After this are the GCSEs out of the way, or do they something with these points?
Original post by DarkSunshine

Yeh I have an interview on 5th Dec 12pm...
Im probably the weakest candidate though:

1. Caution in yr8
2. Expelled from old school
3. Sus twice this year from current school
4. Ukcat 663
5. St George's found a mistake on my UCAS form It was sooooooooooooo embarassing!!!
6. Found out few months ago got Meares-Irlen syndrome
7. Got a C in one of my AS subs (Rest were As lawlz) I was predicted like Cs, Ds and even 1E at GCSE Im was shocked when I ended up A*s and As...
8. History of sui, OD and dp in medical records...

In other word... You have every chance to get in as long as you are NOT me!!! Hahaha Im suprised I got an interview... Kinda crazy...
Original post by praj1
urm actually...on the website it says everywhere you mentioned on your personal statement too!...

so if its been mentioned....you gotta have it!

youve got untill june the 1st 2012 to hand it all in anyway if you cant do it by interview...

Are you sure about the June thing?

I just rung up to ask about the work experience thing, they said you have to have a headed letter from where ever you worked at the interview for them to consider it as a placement and to strengthen your application...
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Im probably the weakest candidate though:

Your definitely not the weakest candidate!
You've got good grades, you've got an interview (same day as me so hopefully I'll see you there!), you can get in to do medicine!
Don't put yourself down (:
I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 191
Original post by LadyMillion(:
Are you sure about the June thing?

I just rung up to ask about the work experience thing, they said you have to have a headed letter from where ever you worked at the interview for them to consider it as a placement and to strengthen your application...

you put the details of who they have to contact on the work experience form anyway.....so they can contact them without the letter anyway....

it says on their website somewhere that if not brought in at the interview stage you can do it by 1st of JUNE.....or your offer will be retracted....

dont panick :biggrin:
Original post by praj1
you put the details of who they have to contact on the work experience form anyway.....so they can contact them without the letter anyway....

it says on their website somewhere that if not brought in at the interview stage you can do it by 1st of JUNE.....or your offer will be retracted....

dont panick :biggrin:

Omg I've been stressing out about getting these references because the lady told me that it will affect my application if I don't bring them with me to the interview because they will see it as me not actually doing my work exp at that place :frown:

I did my work experiences in different parts of england so it's been soo difficult to find the exact people :frown:
Reply 193
Original post by LadyMillion(:
Omg I've been stressing out about getting these references because the lady told me that it will affect my application if I don't bring them with me to the interview because they will see it as me not actually doing my work exp at that place :frown:

I did my work experiences in different parts of england so it's been soo difficult to find the exact people :frown:

well what i would do is ring them up.....talk to them (afterall they must remember you...hopefully lol)

ask them for an email adress....so you can email them the times you worked and what you saw and did.....

that way they dont have to go to the effort of typing in tons of info.....
then ask them if they can print it off on headed paper and if there nice they'll post it to you....you could pick it up off them....OR send them an envelope with a postage paid envelope inside with your address for them to send it back to you...

on the email paste what st georges want on the letter too (its on their website i think....or in the email they send you) so that they dont make a mistake....

:biggrin:

i did that for one of my references :biggrin:

P.S
when is your interview?
Reply 194
OM ST GEORGES JUST RANG ME! AND ASKED IF I WAS OK WITH COMING TO THE INTERVIEW....

sadly....i was swearing at my sister as i picked up the phone.....

omg im such a douche
Reply 195
Is anyone else still waiting for their interview date? Everyone I know heard on Friday.
Original post by benleto
Is anyone else still waiting for their interview date? Everyone I know heard on Friday.

I'm still waiting, ever so impatiently.
Reply 197
Hey everyone.. I'm a bit confused. I got above the cut off mark for UKCAT (I got 635) and I got AABC for a levels, and predicted AAA. For GCSEs, I received 4A*6A1B.

St Georges normally interview all their applicants who meet their academic requirements right? Or am I mistaken?

Thanks in advance!
Has anyone had to rearrange their interview. How long did it take for them to get back to you with another date?
Interview on the 9th February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending