The Student Room Group

St Georges Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zanarke
OFFER!!! 17:02 03/01/2012 unconditional! (well i need a health check) So relieved!

Congratulations!!! :biggrin:
Reply 381
Original post by tkoki1993
Congratulations!!! :biggrin:

thank you! I am a reapplicant, so I had an inkling feeling as if I would never get a place in medicine, but in case anyone is trying to work out when they will hear, here are my details:
ukcat average 690
GCSE's 7A*s 2As 1B
A levels: 3As - chem, maths, bio
As: Physics - A
Interview date 8th december.
Reply 382
congrats on the offer ^
i have a question, SGUL says we need letters for the work experience on our UCAS form.
All this time I thought this meant on your personal statement but now i think it means what we included in the work part of UCAS. I left that part empty :s-smilie:
anyone know which one??
Reply 383
GOT AN OFFER JUST NOW!!! (well actually at 4pm)

conditional on health checks!!!!

WOHOOOOOO
Reply 384
Got an offer today! :smile:
Reply 385
Got an offer tooo :biggrin: *Happiness* :biggrin: *Dances like Carlton*
Original post by haqh5
congrats on the offer ^
i have a question, SGUL says we need letters for the work experience on our UCAS form.
All this time I thought this meant on your personal statement but now i think it means what we included in the work part of UCAS. I left that part empty :s-smilie:
anyone know which one??

There is a work experience form you fill in and take to the interview. You can find it by clicking on the link in the interview offer email. You need letters for whatever you put on that form. You get to put up to 5 work experiences on the form and they should be from the past 2-3 years (though I'm using one from 3.5 years ago).
Congrats to everyone with offers. :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by manupalace
There is a work experience form you fill in and take to the interview. You can find it by clicking on the link in the interview offer email. You need letters for whatever you put on that form. You get to put up to 5 work experiences on the form and they should be from the past 2-3 years (though I'm using one from 3.5 years ago).

yeah i got the work experience form and everything else
just wasnt too sure
but u cleared everything up thanks :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by FMedT
Got an offer tooo :biggrin: *Happiness* :biggrin: *Dances like Carlton*

Original post by praj1
GOT AN OFFER JUST NOW!!! (well actually at 4pm)

conditional on health checks!!!!

WOHOOOOOO

Original post by cmlc
Got an offer today! :smile:

Congrats people! :smile: I really hope I get an offer soon too :redface:

So when did you all have your interviews?
Reply 390
Got an offer today!!! Cannot stop grinning like a madman :biggrin: Interview was on the 19th December..
Reply 391
Original post by katiek92
Got an offer today!!! Cannot stop grinning like a madman :biggrin: Interview was on the 19th December..

Congrats!!! :smile:

Mine was on the 20th. I'm going to be checking my phone continuously tomorrow :tongue:
Gosh, congrats guys!
I still haven't heard anything and my interview was on the 5th, so ridiculously nervous now...
Reply 393
Original post by Shadowcake
Gosh, congrats guys!
I still haven't heard anything and my interview was on the 5th, so ridiculously nervous now...

sameee - mine was on the 6th ! :/
congrats to everyone though :biggrin:
Original post by 05buttm
sameee - mine was on the 6th ! :/
congrats to everyone though :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then haha :smile:
Reply 395
Original post by Vino24
Congrats people! :smile: I really hope I get an offer soon too :redface:

So when did you all have your interviews?

Mine was on the 19th too :redface:)
Congrats, guys with offers :biggrin:

As for the others - be patient and fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 397
Well done everyone for offers!!

Does anyone know it the Graduate and Undergrad MMI's are the same??
Reply 398
Original post by Dr Mainia
Hi everyone,

I'm a graduate who has just joined the forum in the hope of getting some pointers for my upcoming interview. I'm hoping its OK to just jump in and ask for help like this...?

I'm t-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-d about the MMI!!

Any hints or tips?

I do have a specific question: I understand that I need to keep up to date with current issues in the NHS etc. Will I be asked to speak about a current topic of my choosing or do i literally need to know EVERY ISSUE/NEWS STORY that's going on? I read BBC and the Guardian but there's so many new stories all the time there's just no way I can keep totally up to date!! Much less talk for 5 minutes about them!

I guess my other question would be about medical advances in history, but in the same way. Will I get to choose or do I need know EVERYTHING!?!

I'm going to settle down and read through the whole thread, so apologies if these questions have already been addressed.

Thanks

:smile:

Hi Mainia (interesting spelling there...?)

As you can see - people are surviving the MMI and getting places, so if they can do it, I see no reason why you (or I) can't do it too:wink:.

I'm not 100% about your questions (maybe someone here will able to address them) but I think reading through this thread certainly is a good idea. There's some juicy did bits there for sure.

Very best of luck.

When's you interview? It sounds like its about the same time as mine.
Well done you guys who got offers!
Alas, I found out today I got rejected. But I'm still waiting to hear from my other three choices so it's not the end of the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending