The Student Room Group

St Georges Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EKJM
Are you a deferring student (ie entering in AY2013/2014)???

Yepp, is that why i havent got it?
Reply 781
A question to other international students, on the address section, it says UK postcode so I assume we leave the postcode section out?
And also on the end of page 27 in the booklet it states we have to get a "Certificate of Good Conduct", does that mean just get a police check that comes up clean? I wish they told us about this stuff earlier, a police check takes at least 2 weeks to get done here and by that time I would miss the deadline :frown:
Reply 782
i was wondering if we can choose between the £130 and £140 rooms because there was no option on the accommodation application form, should I ask Megan?
Reply 783
Original post by AbuAK
A question to other international students, on the address section, it says UK postcode so I assume we leave the postcode section out?
And also on the end of page 27 in the booklet it states we have to get a "Certificate of Good Conduct", does that mean just get a police check that comes up clean? I wish they told us about this stuff earlier, a police check takes at least 2 weeks to get done here and by that time I would miss the deadline :frown:

leave the UK postcode out and just write canada for your country...i read that on the CRB website
and I got my police check last week ...from toronto.. i just went to the station and they gave me mine in about 10min so you wont have to wait 2 weeks....unless youve had a conviction...than you have to do the whole fingerprint thing
Reply 784
Original post by haqh5
leave the UK postcode out and just write canada for your country...i read that on the CRB website
and I got my police check last week ...from toronto.. i just went to the station and they gave me mine in about 10min so you wont have to wait 2 weeks....unless youve had a conviction...than you have to do the whole fingerprint thing

I'm clean, but even then with the police check from Calgary Police will take 4 weeks, so I'm just going through a 3rd party approved by the police, more expensive but faster.
Reply 785
Anyone heard anything recently? Not had any communication since the OH forms and CRB forms.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 786
Original post by keikay
Anyone heard anything recently? Not had any communication since the OH forms and CRB forms.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I contacted her last week to confirm receipt of my tuition/accommodation downpayment (international student) and she told me that the police and health checks are in process. Now the police check part might only be for international students since they said they would do it in late August, but who knows, but for sure health checks are going on right now.
Hey all, your probably all aware of your position in terms of where/if you'll be going to university. I'm applying to St Georges this year, as a year 12, and just wanted to ashamedly plug the Medics and Applicants Profiles page because it really helps us gain some insight into the statistics of the applicants that gain places at our desired university. If you haven't done so already, please do it, I for one treat it like the holy grail!

Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 788
Hi, im new to this and i suspect im posting on the wrong thread so if anyone could point me in the right direction itd be much appreciated. Im looking for medical students in St. Georges graduate medicine programme. Basically im doing graduate medicine in Ireland and our school curriculum and exams are based on St. Georges 4 year programme. now our medical school is relatively new and therefore we dont get any past exam papers to work from which is a major disadvantage and makes passing these exams all the more difficult. Im facing exams at the end of this month and was hoping i could find someone from St georges grad med programme who'd be willing to share 1st year past exam papers. itd be very much appreciated. thanks.
Reply 789
Original post by hsam
Hi, im new to this and i suspect im posting on the wrong thread so if anyone could point me in the right direction itd be much appreciated. Im looking for medical students in St. Georges graduate medicine programme. Basically im doing graduate medicine in Ireland and our school curriculum and exams are based on St. Georges 4 year programme. now our medical school is relatively new and therefore we dont get any past exam papers to work from which is a major disadvantage and makes passing these exams all the more difficult. Im facing exams at the end of this month and was hoping i could find someone from St georges grad med programme who'd be willing to share 1st year past exam papers. itd be very much appreciated. thanks.

This thread is actually for applicants, not current students.
Reply 790
Hi Did anybody get the confirmation letter from SGUL (both academic & health check wise)?
I suppose I am through both, but haven't received the final confirmation letter and the CAS (?) note for Visa.
I know that the A-level results were released about yesterday, but did anybody who submitted everything successfully
receive those documents already?
Reply 791
Original post by Wylody
Hi Did anybody get the confirmation letter from SGUL (both academic & health check wise)?
I suppose I am through both, but haven't received the final confirmation letter and the CAS (?) note for Visa.
I know that the A-level results were released about yesterday, but did anybody who submitted everything successfully
receive those documents already?

I haven't received any updates yet, was your UCAS updated?
Reply 792
Original post by AbuAK
I haven't received any updates yet, was your UCAS updated?

No it's still the same, saying that I have confirmed a place at SGUL, and that I have to pass the health and police check. I sent those documents in time, which was a month ago, and I also have actually asked M. Regan if my documents were received safely and she replied yes. And it's mid-August now...
Hi guys, I hope you don't mind answering this but should I bother applying here with 4A*s and 7As at GCSE? Everyone seems to have like 8A*s, obviously these will be coupled with AAA predictions?
Reply 794
Original post by DingDong!
Hi guys, I hope you don't mind answering this but should I bother applying here with 4A*s and 7As at GCSE? Everyone seems to have like 8A*s, obviously these will be coupled with AAA predictions?

You need AAA predications and 8 As average at GCSE level (with some subjects requiring As) and beat the UKCAT cut off which was 625 this year. After that your pretty much guaranteed an interview, which means at the interview stage there is a lot more competition.
Reply 795
Original post by Wylody
No it's still the same, saying that I have confirmed a place at SGUL, and that I have to pass the health and police check. I sent those documents in time, which was a month ago, and I also have actually asked M. Regan if my documents were received safely and she replied yes. And it's mid-August now...

Same for me, and she confirmed that she received my documents before the deadline, I've already paid the deposits and everything and all it says on UCAS is a firmed an offer from SGUL. They are really cutting it really close with the CAS, as a Canadian its not a big worry for me, but other nationalities I would be worried.
Reply 796
With my nationality I only have to wait for a couple of weeks to get the Visa, but I haven't paid the deposits yet! Maybe I should contact M Regan again.
Reply 797
Candidates require at least 416 points from their top eight subjects at GCSE, i.e. an average of grade A. (A* - 58, A - 52, B - 46, C - 40, D - 34, E - 28). When calculating GCSE scores, candidates must include scores achieved in Maths, English Language, and Dual Award or Single Sciences. GCSE English Language must be at least a grade B. Resists are not accepted, except for GCSE English Language.

I've just read this on the SGUL website...does that mean that they won't consider any person who has resat, for example, a science module, even at GCSE, within the two GCSE years? I'm confused!
Reply 798
Just got accepted!
You guys should be receiving your unconditional offer emails soon!
I have also been accepted :biggrin:
Did anyone else have a deferred offer but is going this year??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending