The Student Room Group

has anyone passed their driving test first time?? please reply

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Passed first time.
About 40% of people pass first time (it depends on the area)... So the odds are against you but there's no reason why you can't if you're well-prepared. I passed 2nd time today with 3 minors but I got 2 minors in my first test and was unlucky on a sliproad which got me a fail. It's not the end of the world if you fail - it just costs you a bit more.
Reply 22
Got my first test in october :-(
Reply 23
First tiiiiiime. Just deal with things in a really logical way if that makes sense. Don't allow yourself to panic and just stay safe with it all/
On mine a car broke down on a ring road roundabout and i just put the hazards on and it was all fiiiine.
Reply 24
[
Original post by davidcy147
I passed first time.

Just do what you've been taught and have practiced and you'll be fine!

thanks for replying back really quick :biggrin:

Original post by Currrrtisssss
Passed first time, 2 minors. Just got to be aware and calm.

If you go into it driving to try and pass your test you'll end up failing. If you go into it to just drive someone around for 45 mins who tells you what and where to go you'll be fine. :smile:

this sounds like a good idea actulally, i will make sure to remember it

Original post by lets_make_some_music
I didn't pass first time, but can give you a few tips on how to avoid failing. Try to stay calm rescue remedy works well if you think you'll be nervous. I took my instructor in the back of the car when I passed and it really helped made it feel more of a driving lesson than a test. (I failed a driving test for trying to pull away in 3rd gear so i'd say as a tip check what gear your in when pulling away haha!)

nearly all of my mates and my brother passed first time so its very doable just remember what you've learnt and stay calm, and good luck!

thankyou soo much, nice to know that im able to do it

Original post by glf2110
I passed first time, one minor after a real emergency stop (forgot to look in my nearside mirror before moving off) and my brother who passed without any minors. You'll be fine. :smile:

thanks i really hope it goes allright:s-smilie:

Original post by Erich Hartmann
I've passed the following driving tests first time :-

1) Hong Kong Driver's test.
2) Texas Driver's test.
3) Washington Driver's test.
4) UK Driver's test.

My wife passed the first time after 10 lessons.... that was all the lessons she could afford.

My cousin who is 19 and been driving in USA for 6 months just passed the UK driver's test after 7 lessons.... vast majority of it was so that he won't drive on the wrong side of the road and the manual gearbox.

woow u passed so many:eek:
wow 7 lessons seriosly? i didnt even know that was possible

Original post by MissClumsy
I passed first time, and the only advice anyone can give is to just drive! Once you get into the test, you'll relax. Just take things slowly and carefully (but obviously don't go 5mph throughout). Remember mirrors, blindspots and indicators!

Good luck :biggrin:

i wish i do find it easy to relax, that is what most people say to do, thanks
Original post by Abed1993
Got my first test in october :-(

mines in october aswell:crossedf: good luck to you aswell

thankyou everyone for all your coments, you've shown that it is possible to pass first time, i really hope i do, but i have no idea whats gonna happen!
Reply 25
Original post by eyre2
hi, i just want to know if anyone passed their driving test first time, because alot of close people that i know passed second, i get my test soon, and now feel like i'm going to fail it first time round. i just wont some motivation and see if anyone did pass theirs first time. i really want to pass as money is becoming a big issue.

Thanks for reading, please reply

the best advice i can give is to get learner insurance and drive around in your parents car..collingwood do it pretty cheaply if your car is under 15k or something, and you'll only need it for a month or two working out at a couple of hundred quid..and you'll save on not needing as many lessons and you should pass first time!
First time right here...

Just for some assurance I went from 3rd to 1st on a round-a-bout which lead onto a dual carrigeway, I then went onto the carrigeway in the wrong lane. Lmaoooooo
I passed first time, no minors... what can I say?! :P
My first test was postponed due to snow, so when I actually got to take it 2 weeks later I'd kind of calmed down a bit I think (I failed my mock really badly, as in multiple majors badly haha, so I'd convinced myself I couldn't pass, but the extra calming time really helped)- just keep in mind that it's not the end of the world if you fail, and keep positive: you'll be fine!
Also be nice to the examiner! Can't hurt to be friendly...
Reply 28
I passed first time, just relax and keep concentrated and aware and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 29
I did. :yep:

RELAX. Get a good nights' sleep beforehand.
Reply 30
I passed first time. I was so nervous I almost messed up on the first maneuver (reversing into a parking space) so I thought I'd already failed and calmed down after that for the rest of the test.

Really the best thing you can do (if possible) is to just stay calm and focused. I doubt your drving instructor would have put you in for your test if he/she didn't think you could do it.
Reply 31
I passed first time. Really didn't think I would, but I've since come to realise that it wasn't that I couldn't drive safely- I can and did!- it was just I was picking up every little mistake I made and turning it into a life-threatening failure in my mind! As long as you concentrate and relax into it, you'll be fine. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 32
i did, its easy. i dont exactly see how you can fail, driving is really basic. Provided you dont rush yourself it should be fine,
My sister did but she didn't do half the things you're meant to because it was raining lightly and the instructor woman (sorry for my poor, poor driving lingo!) couldn't be bothered! lol
Most of my friends have, but i think they did sly ones...only when they crash will i be sure ._.
i passed first time.

mirrors = your friend, so dont be afraid to look at them
road signage = your leaders, so obey them

other than that, be positive and happy. greet the examiner with a handshake. i also made a joke about the paintwork of my instructor's car when asked which car amongst those parked by the building i was using to take my test,as an attempt to 'break the ice' as it were. occasionally have conversation with examiner to show you feel comfortable/ not stressed out - i talked about my university degree course i was doing at the time.
dont be too timid/hesitant/drive way too slowly, or too cocky/quick.
if you see important signs (such as 'end of bus lane', occasionally say it so the examiner acknowledges you know of its presence.

etc.
Yeah I passed first time with 2 minors.

Do what you've been taught.
Don't panic.
Don't make any rash decisions.

You'll be fine.
Reply 37
I passed first time, the best advice is just to stay calm. Don't panic if you make a tiny mistake - I stalled and I still passed, because I didn't let it get to me too much. Try not to look at the examiner, because then it's easy to pretend you're just in a driving lesson!
Original post by BethaneyJ
I passed first time. Thought I'd failed really early on so relaxed and just drove....

:ditto: This, basically.
Reply 39
I passed first time, I made small talk with the examiner and it seemed to ease tension in the car and might help you relax.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending