The Student Room Group

has anyone passed their driving test first time?? please reply

hi, i just want to know if anyone passed their driving test first time, because alot of close people that i know passed second, i get my test soon, and now feel like i'm going to fail it first time round. i just wont some motivation and see if anyone did pass theirs first time. i really want to pass as money is becoming a big issue.

Thanks for reading, please reply

Scroll to see replies

I passed first time.

Just do what you've been taught and have practiced and you'll be fine!
Me and my sister both passed first time. My friends were about half and half, passing first or second time. I know a few who passed on their fourth attempt... I'd have lost hope by then! Good luck for your test :smile:
I passed first time, so it is possible. Just stay calm, concentrate, and try and remember everything you learnt.
Passed first time, 2 minors. Just got to be aware and calm.

If you go into it driving to try and pass your test you'll end up failing. If you go into it to just drive someone around for 45 mins who tells you what and where to go you'll be fine. :smile:
I didn't pass first time, but can give you a few tips on how to avoid failing. Try to stay calm rescue remedy works well if you think you'll be nervous. I took my instructor in the back of the car when I passed and it really helped made it feel more of a driving lesson than a test. (I failed a driving test for trying to pull away in 3rd gear so i'd say as a tip check what gear your in when pulling away haha!)

nearly all of my mates and my brother passed first time so its very doable just remember what you've learnt and stay calm, and good luck!
Reply 6
I passed first time,

as every else said.. just be cool, stay calm and you'll do fine, don't worry! :smile:
I passed first time.
Reply 8
fifth time.. it can be done!
Reply 9
I passed first time, one minor after a real emergency stop (forgot to look in my nearside mirror before moving off) and my brother who passed without any minors. You'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 10
I passed the first time, but I don't know what to tell you, except try not to panic, keep your calm and do everything your instructor told you to do. And be extra careful, don't rush it, pay attention in traffic and you'll be fine.
I passed first time. Just be calm, it's generally the nerves which make people fail (ok, sometimes it's also because they're ****...).

Good luck!
I'm doing my 6th test next week. Always very jealous of most of my friends who have passed first time.
I've passed the following driving tests first time :-

1) Hong Kong Driver's test.
2) Texas Driver's test.
3) Washington Driver's test.
4) UK Driver's test.

My wife passed the first time after 10 lessons.... that was all the lessons she could afford.

My cousin who is 19 and been driving in USA for 6 months just passed the UK driver's test after 7 lessons.... vast majority of it was so that he won't drive on the wrong side of the road and the manual gearbox.
Reply 14
I passed first time. If you feel like you could comfortably drive the car without any help or instruction, just go for it. :smile: good luck!
I passed first time. Thought I'd failed really early on so relaxed and just drove....

5 minors, passed and cried my eyes out!

Edit: Why the neg? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
I passed the first time. It can be done. :biggrin: Don't worry about it too much. Just stay calm, listen to the instructor and drive safely. If you fail, it really isn't the end of the world. Before my test I thought, "If I pass, great! If I fail, it's over with." In my head it was sort of a win-win situation. I really didn't want to do my driving test, and whatever the outcome, at least it was over with for a bit. :tongue:
I passed first time, and the only advice anyone can give is to just drive! Once you get into the test, you'll relax. Just take things slowly and carefully (but obviously don't go 5mph throughout). Remember mirrors, blindspots and indicators!

Good luck :biggrin:
I did. 3 minors :smile:
I did. Just relax, if your instructor thinks you're ready you probably are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending