The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by mogambo
Hey does anyone know anything about when offers/rejections are sent out for the BM4 programme? (not that I'm very optimisic with my awful ukcat score or anything...but it would be nice to be put out of my misery!! :smile:)

Don't worry, you're UKCAT probably won't affect your application from here on out. I know someone who's applied for BM4 and received a rejection, but that was probably because of a lower than required UKCAT. If yours is over 2310 total you should be fine.
Reply 1581
Original post by dewbear55
can some people test this and see if it works- I've never made a group before and can only see it as the person that made it, but I'm not sure if its open to everyone?... Thanks all :smile:
ps, is a page of excitement, all you offer holders do join, we can be excited together.
pps, all those still waiting, OFFERS WILL COME SOON :biggrin:

Yes it's working :smile: hopefully lots of us will be joining soon :biggrin:
Reply 1582
Original post by .eXe
Lol yeah it was but I can't help but agree with him. How can a person screw up so badly and miss their offer conditions? I mean...they got an offer so obv they are academically sound. What happened post offer? Ah well

Edit: okay cool it with the negs lol I didn't mean any offense. I was just little taken aback that a person got an offer and managed to screw it up. But I guess it happens.

If you must know, in addition to prospective students choosing an alternative university, universities give more offers than the actual advertised number of places. They know that some students may not meet their grade requirements!
Reply 1583
Original post by *Funny*Bunny*
I called up in jan and they said their assessors are supposed to give in their decisions in by end of march so it could be anytime until then!! Suppose it depends which assessors group you're in and how busy/organised they are!

I wouldn't worry too much about ukcat, once you're past their cut off (about 580 I think this year?) they don't use it again AFAIK. Also the only bm4 rejections I've heard of are those below the cut off do they might have gone and rejected those below the cut off so you are probably safe with regards to ukcat!

Original post by modini
Don't worry, you're UKCAT probably won't affect your application from here on out. I know someone who's applied for BM4 and received a rejection, but that was probably because of a lower than required UKCAT. If yours is over 2310 total you should be fine.

Ah thats a bit of good news then! I still may have some hope! Thanks guys! :smile:
Yeah I got a shameful 2486 altogether! lol! :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1584
Original post by mogambo
Ah thats a bit of good news then! I still may have some hope! Thanks guys! :smile:
Yeah I got a shameful 2486 altogether! lol! :frown:

Ah that's not too bad. I know people with lower scores who have had interviews and offers :top:

If your PS is good you will be in with a chance.
Reply 1585
Original post by .eXe
Lol yeah it was but I can't help but agree with him. How can a person screw up so badly and miss their offer conditions? I mean...they got an offer so obv they are academically sound. What happened post offer? Ah well

Edit: okay cool it with the negs lol I didn't mean any offense. I was just little taken aback that a person got an offer and managed to screw it up. But I guess it happens.

You can always rely on .eXe to bring a strong sense of douchebaggery to a thread.
Original post by levantine
haha you had an offer last year and missed the grades?!? hahaha what a prick

People like you shouldn't be given the opportunity to apply for medicine.
Reply 1587
Original post by Organ
You can always rely on .eXe to bring a strong sense of douchebaggery to a thread.

It's not douchebaggery if one posts an edit to explain that there was no malicious intent in the original post. I couldve entirely edited the post but I didnt. I let the original remain and instead explained that I didnt mean any offense.

Yet you decided to bash me. Yeah, nicely done there.

You really enjoy being part of a mob dont you. oooo lookie here a post with a billion negs...i should really post my opinion on this...
Reply 1588
Original post by .eXe
It's not douchebaggery if one posts an edit to explain that there was no malicious intent in the original post. I couldve entirely edited the post but I didnt. I let the original remain and instead explained that I didnt mean any offense.

Yet you decided to bash me. Yeah, nicely done there.

You really enjoy being part of a mob dont you. oooo lookie here a post with a billion negs...i should really post my opinion on this...

Everyone -Let's draw a line under all of this now. What has been said has been said and from many points of view. It's not good to allow things to fester for ever and take pot shots at each other. Let's move on and discuss the chances of snow/an offer/outcome of the England Scotland match this afternoon.
Original post by doctork2

I don't see how the inability to achieve the necessary grades directly translates to areyousure? being a prick. Please, do explain and entertain us.

Best of luck for your interview today dude :smile:
Reply 1590
Original post by oldbatty
Everyone -Let's draw a line under all of this now. What has been said has been said and from many points of view. It's not good to allow things to fester for ever and take pot shots at each other. Let's move on and discuss the chances of snow/an offer/outcome of the England Scotland match this afternoon.

I have a feeling that:

a) I won't get snow where I am :sigh:

b) Southampton are gonna do more trolling and give offers exclusively on Sundays at 00:00 GMT to the first 17 people that log onto Track after this time.

c) Scotland v England will be a pretty low scoring affair

Spoiler

Spoiler

:grin:
Original post by NP473L
I have a feeling that:

a) I won't get snow where I am :sigh:

b) Southampton are gonna do more trolling and give offers exclusively on Sundays at 00:00 GMT to the first 17 people that log onto Track after this time.

c) Scotland v England will be a pretty low scoring affair

Spoiler

Spoiler

:grin:

:rofl:
Reply 1592
woo, 24 hours without checking this thread and there was so much drama! took me forever to catch up!

YAY for snow. I want a snow day off college. I think we deserve one after exams!

An offer would also be decent. One can only dream though eh
Original post by sundown1
woo, 24 hours without checking this thread and there was so much drama! took me forever to catch up!

YAY for snow. I want a snow day off college. I think we deserve one after exams!

An offer would also be decent. One can only dream though eh

Unfortuantely for me, despite living in Canada where it's a land of ice and snow, I have NEVER had a snow day :frown:

But thankfully, I have my trusty polar bear with me at all times... so transportation is not so bad :P
Reply 1594
Unfortuantely for me, despite living in Canada where it's a land of ice and snow, I have NEVER had a snow day :frown:

But thankfully, I have my trusty polar bear with me at all times... so transportation is not so bad :P

Are you saying that even with 5ft of snow, you still have to go to school/college/work etc?

I guess that's fair enough. I assume since you are in a 'land of ice and snow', the anti-snow measures are slightly more adequate than ours (one man spreading salt/grit along the roads :biggrin:)

...yet another perk of travelling to the UK? :yy:

Edit: Also, having seen your interview timetable, are you making having to make 2 trips to get to your St. Andrews interview? That must be a bit annoying!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by NP473L
Are you saying that even with 5ft of snow, you still have to go to school/college/work etc?

I guess that's fair enough. I assume since you are in a 'land of ice and snow', the anti-snow measures are slightly more adequate than ours (one man spreading salt/grit along the roads :biggrin:)

...yet another perk of travelling to the UK? :yy:

Edit: Also, having seen your interview timetable, are you making having to make 2 trips to get to your St. Andrews interview? That must be a bit annoying!

Even with 5ft of snow, us brave Canadians venture through snow to get to our school... It's just our school that has never had a snow day before :O

If you refer to loads of salt to spray on the ground (which makes it so much disgusting during spring when it all melts and air smells like salt) and snowplower that disturbs your beautiful sleep in the morning as "advanced anti-snow measures".... yeah. It's not quite the most advanced anti-snow measures there are, unfortunatley :frown:

VS

I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!
Reply 1596
x

Love it! I've got a few relatives in Canada...they're always whining about the snow! You have no idea how much we crave for snow over here :grin:

I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got to do my 'snow' ritual, to try and make it snow this evening :adore:

Spoiler

I keep thinking "I must be an actual adult now, because I hate snow" then I realise that I disliked snow from about the age of 16 as it stopped me getting to 6th form and I enjoyed/needed to go to my lessons to get good grades! (my 6th form was in another town, so I could have a foot of snow whilst they'd have none so it was open and lessons ran and would not be repeated for those not there).

My reasons are even better now, if it snows I can't get to seminars at uni and I've actually paid for them!! Plus my bunny rabbit gets cold in the snow :frown:

TBH as long as the snow doesn't somehow manage to cut the internet off at least I'll be able to sit at home and refresh my emails waiting for the inevitable (long-awaited) track updates!
Original post by NP473L
Love it! I've got a few relatives in Canada...they're always whining about the snow! You have no idea how much we crave for snow over here :grin:

I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got to do my 'snow' ritual, to try and make it snow this evening :adore:

Spoiler

Hahaha... I talk to my relatives and families back in South Korea and I'm the one complaining about the snow :smile:

At my Southampton interview:
Interviewer: Why Southampton?
Me: The weather is amazing... I love the weather right now!!
Interviewer: ... It's -4 right now! It's freezing!
Me: No it's not :colone:

And I proceeded to rant about the Canadian winter
Reply 1599
Hahaha... I talk to my relatives and families back in South Korea and I'm the one complaining about the snow :smile:

At my Southampton interview:
Interviewer: Why Southampton?
Me: The weather is amazing... I love the weather right now!!
Interviewer: ... It's -4 right now! It's freezing!
Me: No it's not :colone:

And I proceeded to rant about the Canadian winter

http://youtu.be/NisCkxU544c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending