The Student Room Group

1 off A in AS geog shall i get a remark?

hi, as the title says i was 1 off an A in AS geography and am wondering whether i should get it remarked? im just scared it will go down loads because of some of the stories ive heard on here.

thanks, tom.
I'm no expert but if you were only one mark away from an A, then surely you would have to lose a stupid amount of marks to get it into the C band.. I would say get it remarked, it's highly unlikely that it would go down by enough to move down a whole grade
I'd say to get it remarked, if you think the exam was pretty good and you have a chance, why not?
Reply 3
Are you taking it to A2? If so, you can easily make that back up next year.

If you're dropping it then it may be a good idea, but have a look at how close the grade boundaries are before you make your decision. Hopefully, you should be fine though as you're on the upper end so even if you lost a couple it wouldn't affect the grade.
Reply 4
Thanks guys, yes I'm taking it to a2 but I just want to be able to put A on ucas. This sounds like such a stupid thread now, spoke to teachers at school and I'm definitely getting it remarked.

Thanks again people
Reply 5
Yes.
Reply 6
AS's mean nothing and geography is useless.
Reply 7
Original post by thatgirlbecky
I'm no expert but if you were only one mark away from an A, then surely you would have to lose a stupid amount of marks to get it into the C band.. I would say get it remarked, it's highly unlikely that it would go down by enough to move down a whole grade

someone posted a thread, apparently they went down by 50 ums.

just saying

though the chances of it happening again are minor tbh, so i would still get it remarked. Even if it does go down your grade won't change (hopefully), but if it goes up your uni application will look a whole lot different.
Yeah man i would remark it
Original post by maloneyt
Thanks guys, yes I'm taking it to a2 but I just want to be able to put A on ucas. This sounds like such a stupid thread now, spoke to teachers at school and I'm definitely getting it remarked.

Thanks again people

Now when I applied (2008 so things might have changed) you didn't have to put down your AS results that you were carrying on if you didn't want to (only the ones that you dropped) so it wouldn't really matter - that's what I did anyway, then they only go on your predictions.

Quick Reply

Latest