University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by lora_s
Yes! It said it was written/sent on the 22nd of November and I got it just yesterday! I am so very happy cuz I think Essex is my favorite, but if I accidentally by some out- of Earth force get an acceptance letter from St. Andrews, I will have to think about it a lot!

Brilliant! Congrats! :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 141
I dreamed that I got a rejection from Essex last night, and today I got an email from their disabillity service, because my application has been forwarded to them, even though I haven't heard anything. :s-smilie:

Does that mean there might be an offer letter on its way?
Original post by stifa
I dreamed that I got a rejection from Essex last night, and today I got an email from their disabillity service, because my application has been forwarded to them, even though I haven't heard anything. :s-smilie:

Does that mean there might be an offer letter on its way?

Well I got a letter from Bangors disability service a few hours later my track updated with a conditional offer from them.:biggrin: So there's hope!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 143
Original post by Beebumble
Well I got a letter from Bangors disability service a few ours later my track updated with a conditional offer from them.:biggrin: So there's hope!

Nice. :biggrin:
I actually had second thoughts about studying abroad with my severe visual impairment, but it seems like they 'care' more than most Norwegian institutions seem to do.
Reply 144
Well done!:biggrin:

Did you get the offer the usual way by track or did they email or send you a letter first?

Thank you, the usual way through track
Original post by stifa
Nice. :biggrin:
I actually had second thoughts about studying abroad with my severe visual impairment, but it seems like they 'care' more than most Norwegian institutions seem to do.

I'm not sure if it's the same in Norway but UK universities (actually any place in the uk) are required by law to assist anyone with any kind of disability.
Reply 146
I'm not sure if it's the same in Norway but UK universities (actually any place in the uk) are required by law to assist anyone with any kind of disability.

Norwegian institutions are as well, but they don't rally pay attention to applications before mid-July because there is an automated admission process (based on grades and "bonus points" solely). You do actually have to contact them yourself and discuss the mater after you've been admitted.
Original post by lora_s

Original post by lora_s
Yes! It said it was written/sent on the 22nd of November and I got it just yesterday! I am so very happy cuz I think Essex is my favorite, but if I accidentally by some out- of Earth force get an acceptance letter from St. Andrews, I will have to think about it a lot!

well done!!! if I get offers from Essex and St Andrew's I have no idea how I'll decide between them!!
Original post by daksh
I got mine on the 7th too for biomed:smile:
are you guys bringing any exam certificates and stuff?

I'm not talking any certificates! I think they woulda said on the letter if it was necessary! :biggrin:

I just hope I manage to find a way back home! xD I'd hate for someone to have to pick me up from colchester... :colone:
Reply 149
Original post by Lord Mirza
I'm not talking any certificates! I think they woulda said on the letter if it was necessary! :biggrin:

I just hope I manage to find a way back home! xD I'd hate for someone to have to pick me up from colchester... :colone:

Okay :smile: I wont either then.. :smile:
Haha! Yu'll be fine! Where yu coming from? Ive forced my brother to take me 8) lol
Reply 150
Hey guys!
I have an offer for law(including a year abroad).As for international student I got specific requirments.They are asking me to have overall score 9 out of 10.And Pass an English test approved by this institution. :smile:
Reply 151
Hi there :smile:

Im not sure whether to apply for Maths with or without the year abroad, i really love america and would love to go again but for a year, might be a bit much, any suggestions?

Say you apply for the course without the year abroad, and then after the course is started, do you think i might be able to switch if i changed my mind?
Original post by jackie11

Im not sure whether to apply for Maths with or without the year abroad, i really love america and would love to go again but for a year, might be a bit much, any suggestions?

Say you apply for the course without the year abroad, and then after the course is started, do you think i might be able to switch if i changed my mind?

I don't see why not. Although obviously I can't say for sure. I might change to do a year abroad in Canada. Although like you say a year might be a bit too long.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 153
ok thanks Beebumble, always good to know other people have the same kinda ideas in mind
Original post by daksh
Okay :smile: I wont either then.. :smile:
Haha! Yu'll be fine! Where yu coming from? Ive forced my brother to take me 8) lol

LOL I'm comin' from East London... So If I go Essex I'll be stayin' on campus! WOOP WOOP! :biggrin:
Reply 155
Original post by Lord Mirza
LOL I'm comin' from East London... So If I go Essex I'll be stayin' on campus! WOOP WOOP! :biggrin:

Ooh right! Will be seeing yu around then.. :smile: I'm coming from Birmingham.. Woop! Leaving Home ! :wink: :tongue: Lol
Reply 156
Got conditional offer today :smile:
Marketing- ABB
Original post by jackie11

Check with uni if you can switch later. This year for my department people can add study abroad if thy want to.
YAY!! got an offer for Politics and Modern Languages (French and Spanish) XD no idea what the conditions are yet, but woo!!
Reply 159
Original post by street.lovin'
Check with uni if you can switch later. This year for my department people can add study abroad if thy want to.

ok thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending