The Student Room Group

Asset Management Summer Internships 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by thegaffer91
Normally 10ish hours, 8-6/7 for UK markets.

Thanks, interesting.
Original post by Jeffroz
No not yet, I was advised at the time that we'd hear back in the first week of April.

Anyone else got an interview lined up with M&G?

Thanks for replying. If I hear anything I'll post back right away
Sigh, still no news for me
Reply 23
Hey Guys,
do you know what Asset Management companies like Aberdeen AM pay their Summer Interns in London?
cheers
Reply 24
Has anyone heard back from Baillie Gifford for the 2012 summer internship?
Has any heard back from them yet? Aberdeen I mean?
Reply 26
Original post by sm4
Has anyone heard back from Baillie Gifford for the 2012 summer internship?

I emailed them recently and they said it would take them a couple more weeks to make any decision; I'd be patient.
Reply 27
Original post by lilys
I emailed them recently and they said it would take them a couple more weeks to make any decision; I'd be patient.

Is this post-interview?
Has anybody heard back from Aberdeen? Was offered a place in their property team in London today so would be keen to know if anyone else will be working in that department. Also, spoke to BG and they will be another couple of weeks to get back.
Original post by mattcoleman2208
Has anybody heard back from Aberdeen? Was offered a place in their property team in London today so would be keen to know if anyone else will be working in that department. Also, spoke to BG and they will be another couple of weeks to get back.

I haven't heard back from them yet, so looking dim for me :frown:
Reply 30
I'm wondering what the chances are of getting a grad position in AM if you don't do a summer internship? I know that lots of places practically fill their junior roles with summer analysts but does anyone have a counter-example to give me some hope?
Original post by lilys
I'm wondering what the chances are of getting a grad position in AM if you don't do a summer internship? I know that lots of places practically fill their junior roles with summer analysts but does anyone have a counter-example to give me some hope?

Not sure how much this will give you hope, but I (unsuccessfully) attended assessment centres for Schroders and JPMAM and a final round interview for Fidelity without any official internships, in AM or otherwise. This is from Birmingham university.
I didn't get in. No matter :smile: Congrats to all who made it!
Reply 33
Original post by thegaffer91
Not sure how much this will give you hope, but I (unsuccessfully) attended assessment centres for Schroders and JPMAM and a final round interview for Fidelity without any official internships, in AM or otherwise. This is from Birmingham university.

Thanks, it does help a bit :smile: Wanted to rep you but apparently I need to rep other users first...

Original post by Mechanicalorange
I didn't get in. No matter :smile: Congrats to all who made it!

Is that for Aberdeen?
Yeah it was, I've asked for feedback. Btw I'm already a graduate so you can make it.. just don't botch up the interview haha :biggrin:
Anyone with a blackrock or jpmam summer internship for this year?
Reply 36
Original post by mattcoleman2208

Hi I have offer form Aberdeen on their FICC team.
Reply 37
Original post by Asset
Hi I have offer form Aberdeen on their FICC team.

*That's in their London office ! Anybody else interning there this summer ?
Reply 38
Anyone got anything at Jupiter?
Reply 39
Original post by Hackett
Anyone got anything at Jupiter?

Are they exclusively Oxbridge?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending