The Student Room Group

AS-level re-sits?

Hey I was hoping for advice on taking two exam re-sits? I'm definitely retaking two ,no more, no less and I need to know how to plan all of my revision for them. They're both in January (Psychology and English Language) ,but I also have an A2 psychology exam to revise for. :eek: Also if possible I'd like ot hear some success stories please lol :colondollar:
Well, you only have one other exam in January, so it shouldn't be too hard.. I'm doing the same thing, I should just have C3 Maths to revise for, but I'm re-sitting C1 & C2. Just plan out your time carefully.
Reply 2
Original post by Sunny Razza
Hey I was hoping for advice on taking two exam re-sits? I'm definitely retaking two ,no more, no less and I need to know how to plan all of my revision for them. They're both in January (Psychology and English Language) ,but I also have an A2 psychology exam to revise for. :eek: Also if possible I'd like ot hear some success stories please lol :colondollar:

I'm thinking of resitting the English Language exam too!! :rolleyes: how come you're resitting? how did you do in the summer?
Reply 3
Original post by JakeE10

Original post by JakeE10
I'm thinking of resitting the English Language exam too!! :rolleyes: how come you're resitting? how did you do in the summer?

I got a C but it wasnt very high lol. I want at least ABB by A2 :P
Reply 4
Original post by Sunny Razza
I got a C but it wasnt very high lol. I want at least ABB by A2 :P

Ahh ok, I got a high C in the exam too, but got an A in the coursework so I got a middle-ish B overall, but resitting because I wanted an A :tongue: good luck!
So you have three January exams? That's nothing; you'll be fine.
Reply 6
I've got three too! :tongue: two of them are resits.
Reply 7
Original post by JakeE10

Original post by JakeE10
Ahh ok, I got a high C in the exam too, but got an A in the coursework so I got a middle-ish B overall, but resitting because I wanted an A :tongue: good luck!

Thanks you too :smile:
Reply 8
I didn't resit a paper until June of A2 as I had coursework to submit in January and 3 A2 exams, but a friend that did took C3, PSYA2 and PSYA3 in January. She improved the Psychology resit by 5 marks but still got a B for the paper (she would have done better had she noticed a 6 mark question on the back page of the exam before there was about 1 minute left and she had to resort to scribbling down anything she could.) Her resit was definitely worth it though as she was right on the A boundary for the overall A Level. She got an A in PSYA3 and a B in C3.
I didn't get the grades I wanted for the 3 AS levels I am carrying on with this year, and am doing a fast track French A level part time. If I resit all 3 in school this means I will have 13 exams this year, 6 in January, which I think will kill me. I have no idea what to do :s-smilie:
Reply 10
I have 5 January exams, two are resists plus an art deadline around that time. Not fun.
Reply 11
omg I hate the thought of retakes!!! It's been plaguing my mind for the past few weeks since I found out about my results!!! I need at least a high B in my history AS and I somehow managed to bomb it and come out with a C!

Quick Reply

Latest