The Student Room Group

Anybody else not getting a Grant this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muffinz
Wait, so you don't live with her? Who do you live with?

I live with her. She was on holiday and asked me to send her some of her letters whie there. I rang student finance and the told me what to do so it should be fine :colondollar:
Original post by Silver Arrow
She was on holiday and must've not seen the letter. I definetly sent it to her.

Get her to do it now. It's not too late.
Reply 22
Original post by PrettyFlower.x
Same :frown: I'm already sick of driving, don't really fancy the 40 minute drive there and back almost every day!

Which uni are you going to? It would be awesome if we lived in the same town and same uni, we could lift share :tongue:
i don't agree with the rant system student finance put in place.

It just punishes people for being successful, and that isn't my (the son's) fault
Reply 24
We don't have the right to those grants, at the end of the day they are given to us from the government. They've seen fit to give those grants because they see that the household income of a family means they can't afford to support their child at uni. Why should a well off family get out of paying for their child's tutition if they can afford to pay for it?

I've got nothing against people raised by financially successful parents, but I cannot stand those people thinking they have some right to what they believe is "free money". There is no possible way I would be able to go university without the grant from Student Finance and I am nothing short of grateful for it.
Accom for the whole year is £4120. I'm in halls unfortunately :frown:
My mum cannot give me any money, she earns very little.

Then you should have a full grant.
I cant get my grants because i chose to move out, apprently you cant recieve grants if you dont use your mum/dad as your evidence person... i used my fella...the person who earns out household income and now i have to work to pay for uni...or marry him :/

read my thread for the whole story x
Original post by Dekota-XS
I think if you don't live with your parents, you're not entitled to a grant.

Yeah...just found this out!
now having to figure out how to get through uni, work and see a fella 80miles away...think summat will end up failing :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by blacklipchic
I cant get my grants because i chose to move out, apprently you cant recieve grants if you dont use your mum/dad as your evidence person... i used my fella...the person who earns out household income and now i have to work to pay for uni...or marry him :/

read my thread for the whole story x

what is your problem.
You just repeatedly make yourself look stupid for not knowing the rules that govern finance of students!
Everyone else knows them!
So what are you stalking me now :s if you look on the time on this i posted it an hour ago before you obv decided to create a new account and point out my stupidity :/

I MISSED THAT BIT when reading the forms, people make mistake,
Reply 30
good.
You've admitted it was your error and not SFE's as you originally tried to tell everyone.
And it was SFEs tby telling me the wrong info everytime i rang up!
Original post by denislaw
good.
You've admitted it was your error and not SFE's as you originally tried to tell everyone.

I never said it was their error.
If anyone is in doubt whether they should receive a grant or not, the best bet is to check with student finance. I got a message on my account today saying that I had had an overpayment of my grant £2906, and that I wouldn't receive any this year. Apparently someone assessed me wrong and I am entitled to it so, best to always check instead of just settling for it.
Reply 34
I never said it was their error.

I wasn't replying to you!
Original post by denislaw
I wasn't replying to you!

Why not quote the user you were replying to instead of just randomly in my thread? That way there is less confusion.
Reply 36
can't be arsed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending