The Student Room Group

KPMG 'immersive assessment centre'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
On the roleplay with the manager are you essentially going to have to think of ways to make the communication process with the client better?
Reply 21
Original post by stanmoor
On the roleplay with the manager are you essentially going to have to think of ways to make the communication process with the client better?

Have you heard back yet?
Reply 22
Original post by mary26
Have you heard back yet?

About the phone interview? Yeah I heard last night, I passed! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Has anyone else had their AC? Is there anything at all we could do to prepare (for the etray, client meetings or the essay)?
Just to really echo what everyone else is saying, there is not much you can do to prepare. I would advise doing the self-review bits at the end of each exercise well. Really big up the things that you did well and identify your own faults. It's actually quite an enjoyable day if you can get over the nerves.

Has anyone had a final partner interview this time round? Any advice in particular would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by shimmyjimmy
Just to really echo what everyone else is saying, there is not much you can do to prepare. I would advise doing the self-review bits at the end of each exercise well. Really big up the things that you did well and identify your own faults. It's actually quite an enjoyable day if you can get over the nerves.

Has anyone had a final partner interview this time round? Any advice in particular would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I would also love any advice on a final partner interview. Very nervous and I am really counting on this job.
For Partner Interview Id be clear about the competencies. Also know why KPMG, why Audit. The process is less formal than the telephone interview (ie it flows a lot more). There are also specific situational examples they give you that you answer. You cant really prepare for them, just make sure you respond in a clear and coherent way.
Reply 27
Removed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
how can you prepare for this assessment centre?
Reply 29
Also is there spell check?
Original post by sizzle232
Also is there spell check?

No spell check at all throughout the day.

To prepare just do some background readin about different service lines and practice your grammar/report writing techniques a bit.
It also may help to do a bit of role play practice with a friend.
Yeah itd be nice if their systems had a spell checker. Especially considering you're using a laptop which may have letters spaced differently from your computer at home: major opportunities for typos.
Reply 32
Original post by Sweety_pie
No spell check at all throughout the day.

To prepare just do some background readin about different service lines and practice your grammar/report writing techniques a bit.
It also may help to do a bit of role play practice with a friend.

What is the point of background reading?
Reply 33
Hey partofthewekend, when did you have your partner interview? Really curious about how difficult the interview is...
Original post by wc4life
Hey partofthewekend, when did you have your partner interview? Really curious about how difficult the interview is...

When did I have it? Why lol. It's not difficult, its quite interesting getting to talk to someone further up in the company. Also you should get more posts/actually use this site if you want help.
Reply 35
Just found out I got an offer!!!
Reply 36
Original post by sizzle232
Just found out I got an offer!!!

Congratulations. When did you have AC? Vacation scheme or grad job?

(I got offer yesterday)
Reply 37
Original post by bt_1000
Congratulations. When did you have AC? Vacation scheme or grad job?

(I got offer yesterday)

Grad job.
Reply 38
Did the AC today and found out I passed an hour after I left. They were quick! There's no actual way to prepare IMO. The only way is to just ensure you get a good night's sleep beforehand and make sure your mind is fully functional the day you go! Have breakfast etc! Partner interview next, not sure when it'll be though.
Reply 39
Original post by stanmoor
Did the AC today and found out I passed an hour after I left. They were quick! There's no actual way to prepare IMO. The only way is to just ensure you get a good night's sleep beforehand and make sure your mind is fully functional the day you go! Have breakfast etc! Partner interview next, not sure when it'll be though.

Congratulations. Good luck for partner interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending