The Student Room Group

Tips on EY experience day/assessment centre?

Hi guys,

I have my EY experience day this week, but it's being conducted virtually. It's my first one, so I'm quite nervous and I'm not too sure what to expect or what I should focus on practising. If anyone has any feedback or tips on any virtual or in-person assessment centres they've been through, please let me know! Any guidance is appreciated. I'm just scared because I have no practice, and it's an apprenticeship with one of the Big Four, and I don't want to miss out on an opportunity like this. I have one upcoming for KPMG and Mazars, too, but those dates are not confirmed as yet.

Thanks so much :smile:
I’d just ask a lot of questions - even daft ones. If you can show genuine interest it’s all they are really looking for. As a school leaver you aren’t expected to have any experience, this is the sort of thing they judge you on your character.
Original post by blob.blob.blob
I’d just ask a lot of questions - even daft ones. If you can show genuine interest it’s all they are really looking for. As a school leaver you aren’t expected to have any experience, this is the sort of thing they judge you on your character.

Agree, there are no stupid questions and it shows that you want to learn about the firm, I’d also add that you must look proactive at all times and even if you aren’t, act like you are doing something so you aren’t coasting through it
Reply 3
Original post by blob.blob.blob

That's very true, I was worried about not knowing enough beforehand, but you make a good point about me being a school leaver. Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by tapelessk1
Agree, there are no stupid questions and it shows that you want to learn about the firm, I’d also add that you must look proactive at all times and even if you aren’t, act like you are doing something so you aren’t coasting through it

Yeah, that's a good point, I think, especially because it's a virtual AC, it's difficult for the assessors to tell when you're actually interested, so I'll definitely make it a point to look and or be proactive. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending