The Student Room Group

MTAS and foundation training

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
for that part where we upload evidence eg- for additional degrees etc, they specify which formats are ok, is a jpeg file the same as jpg?
Mines a jpeg file.
The questions are peeing me off. Im still not well either so in all honesty so i could be writing anything!
Reply 82
jpeg = jpg

Keep going with it! The questions are peeing me off too. A lot. They and person specification and GMP nearly went out of the window earlier, argh! *So* much rather an interview.
Reply 83
yeah same here- im struggling to write concise responses. out of the london/ thames foundation schools-which is the least competitive- none of them i know- but relative to each other?
Reply 84
Original post by fizz123
yeah same here- im struggling to write concise responses. out of the london/ thames foundation schools-which is the least competitive- none of them i know- but relative to each other?

It changes every year because people try to play the numbers game. When I applied, NW Thames was very oversubscribed, closely followed by NC. But last year, I think NW was only just oversubscribed and the other foundation schools were much more so. Apply to where you like - there is no advantage this year in not doing this!
Rather amazingly, NW Thames was undersubscribed last year, but naturally this will change, especially given the new format of allocation!

Ultimately, apply to all four London choices if youre thinking of going to the capital.
Reply 86
but if i put the london schools as 1 to 4 , then i wont be at a disadvantage? as the score is the main thing.
I wouldn't have thought so if you want to go to London...however remember to put your London choices in order of preference :smile: No point doing it at random! I mean, the worst situation is you'll get your 5th or 6th choice, which isn't really that bad, is it? :smile:
Original post by Madprof
jpeg = jpg

Keep going with it! The questions are peeing me off too. A lot. They and person specification and GMP nearly went out of the window earlier, argh! *So* much rather an interview.

Ditto - its driving me up the wall. Im questioning whether what I have written is relevant or whether its random irrelevant dribble! (Probably the second one).
Reply 89
i uploaded a document, but i guess you know if its done- if it says ''view previously' uploaded docs?
Reply 90
which F schools are farthest from london
Original post by fizz123

Scotland.
Original post by fizz123

Scotland, Northern Ireland...Northern...North West...

Seriously?:confused:
Reply 93
man- i just dunno how to rank them!. everything is so unpredictable!.
Haha! :smile:

I know..but just go with the London deaneries then work your way outwards. This has a good map on it: http://foundationschools.info

Hope that helps :biggrin:
Reply 95
thanks alot.appreciated. do you think most applicants will at least end up with something?....like even there 15th choice?. as i hear its going be oversubscribed again big time.
Original post by fizz123
thanks alot.appreciated. do you think most applicants will at least end up with something?....like even there 15th choice?. as i hear its going be oversubscribed again big time.

You'll be fine :smile: Last year some applicants went on a reserve list but everyone eventually got a job!
Original post by graemematt
You'll be fine :smile: Last year some applicants went on a reserve list but everyone eventually got a job!

Was that not specifically relating to UK students?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Was that not specifically relating to UK students?

Couldn't say for sure. Maybe it wasn't?
Reply 99
does anyone know the range of scores for north central thames 2011?- cant find it anywhere. just curious, i know its not really a good predictor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending