Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we might be getting some more decisions, applied for MSc Finance about 6 weeks ago.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbhrobin)
    Any one apply MSc structural steel design?
    I applied for MSc Concrete Structures and Business Management sometime in Jan but havent heard anything from them
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by engm)
    I applied for MSc Concrete Structures and Business Management sometime in Jan but havent heard anything from them
    Are you a international student? What degree are you expecting, a first?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you a international student? What degree are you expecting, a first?
    I have undergrad 1st class and post grad high dist. from uni surrey guildford. I want to enhance my knowledge on concrete structures and possibly carry on with phd later. I am waiting for oxford decision for my application to MScRes in eng; also havent heard from imperial as well. Yes i am an international student.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by engm)
    I have undergrad 1st class and post grad high dist. from uni surrey guildford. I want to enhance my knowledge on concrete structures and possibly carry on with phd later. I am waiting for oxford decision for my application to MScRes in eng; also havent heard from imperial as well. Yes i am an international student.
    Hope no news is good news
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora2)
    Is anyone applying for MSc Science communication/MSc Science Media Production?
    I am have an interview in March, you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally, a conditional offer for structural steel design with business management.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally, a conditional offer for structural steel design with business management.
    Congratulations! What conditions did they ask you to fulfill?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by engm)
    Congratulations! What conditions did they ask you to fulfill?
    A first..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to the MSc Petroleum Engineering and heard back yet?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyp88)
    Hi all,

Will it be too late for me to apply for a postgraduate programme at Imperial now?
    It depends on what type of PG studies you were looking at doing.

PhDs can (in theory) start whenever you want (and it's mainly the funding that dictates the beginning for most people).

Most PGTs (taught PG degrees) are fixed to the normal academic year, and have the same restrictions on applications, as with UG studies (i.e. get your applications in as soon as possible as there is a deadline.)

I would look at the Imperial website if you wanted more details about your specific course.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the Doctoral Training Centre (MSc + PhD) in Theory and Simulation of Materials at the end of Feb. I had an interview today and they made me an offer shortly afterwards. I might write up my interview experience soon just like I did for my interview for my undergrad degree at Imperial.

My background is mechanical engineering, so it's nice to have a second chance to learn some quantum physics + other atomic scale physics. I could return to the Mech Eng department and do my PhD there if the world of physics is all too stressful for me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerch)
    I applied for the Doctoral Training Centre (MSc + PhD) in Theory and Simulation of Materials at the end of Feb. I had an interview today and they made me an offer shortly afterwards. I might write up my interview experience soon just like I did for my interview for my undergrad degree at Imperial.

My background is mechanical engineering, so it's nice to have a second chance to learn some quantum physics + other atomic scale physics. I could return to the Mech Eng department and do my PhD there if the world of physics is all too stressful for me
    Wow congratulations, hope it goes well with physics for you. As you have said that you went to imperial for undergrad, can you please give us some insight about engineering department. I have applied for MSc Concrete Structures and Business Management having already studied postgrad in Structural Engineering (Not from Imperial). I have also applied for fully funded PhD at a top 20 UK university and quiet hopeful about it,, Do you think it is worth coming to Imperial for MSc by giving up PhD. Thanks in advance for any kind of suggestion.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJoyM)
    I am have an interview in March, you?
    I have an interview too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good day everyone,
    I graduated from Ameican university of beirut and i applied for a masters in environmental engineering. Did anyone applied to this pogram? and did you get an offer or an acceptance already? i have a conditional offer in leeds but i prefer imperial... I am starting to worry ..

regards to all
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAD)
    Good day everyone,
    I graduated from Ameican university of beirut and i applied for a masters in environmental engineering. Did anyone applied to this pogram? and did you get an offer or an acceptance already? i have a conditional offer in leeds but i prefer imperial... I am starting to worry ..

regards to all
    what is your profile?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by engm)
    Wow congratulations, hope it goes well with physics for you. As you have said that you went to imperial for undergrad, can you please give us some insight about engineering department. I have applied for MSc Concrete Structures and Business Management having already studied postgrad in Structural Engineering (Not from Imperial). I have also applied for fully funded PhD at a top 20 UK university and quiet hopeful about it,, Do you think it is worth coming to Imperial for MSc by giving up PhD. Thanks in advance for any kind of suggestion.
    I was in the Mechanical Engineering department, and Concrete Structures would be Civil Engineering. I have only been to that department a few times, and it's quite nice, but presumably you would have to pay the tuition fees yourself, so in that case I would go straight onto the PhD (unless the fees are not an issue).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer for MSc in Computational Methods for Aeronautics
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody,

My second post! XD (a copy paste from the first!)

I am Swiss and French student. I have a BA in Maths and Stats from the EPFL (Lausanne) (5.41/6 Last Year GPA) and will obtain a MSc Actuarial Science from the University of Montreal (Current GPA 3.87/4). I wanted to undertake a PhD at McGill in Statistics but was refused because I was not good enough. Concerning experience, I have been TA for 15 different lectures (thanks Switzerland for this experience) and three internships in banks. Toef ibt 107 (but irrelevant thanks my first Msc in Canada).

I applied to the following university to improve my statistical background.

University: Imperial College London
    Course: MSc in Statistics
    Date application sent: March 8th (Second reference letters on the 21st March)
    Date decision received:
    Decision: Application currently under consideration by the Department (don't know what that means!)
    Offer condition:
    Your reaction:

In case I would not be accepted I will apply to

University: ETH Zurich
    Course: MSc in Statistics
    Date application sent:
    Date decision received:
    Decision: Accepted (because Swiss laws says that they can not refuse someone with a BSc from Switzerland)
    Offer condition:
    Your reaction:

Conclusion : I hope to get an offer from Imperial (even I find the program quite expensive).

Anyone have any thoughts about my chance/probability to get accepted/refused and also the date of decision?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABACUS8)
    I have an interview too!
    Go us! Which day is your interview... perhaps we'll bump into each other?!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Postgraduate Education Guide

Quick Link:

Unanswered Postgraduate Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.