The Student Room Group

Mature student - 2 year fast track degree

hello

i am 26 years old and i would like to apply to uni for next september. I have 2 a-levels from school in french and economics. I have been working in the civil service for approx 4 years now.

I would be 27 at the time of starting uni and would like to do a 2 year fast track degree in business management/finance and possibly do a masters after that.

I have been looking at the university of buckingham and would love to go there but i'm not sure i could afford it. I think you have to pay an extra £5150 in tuition fees per year on top of the £6000 the slc will lend you foR going to a private uni. Does anyone know of anyway of financing this?

I have also been looking at the university of northampton and the univeristy of plymouth. Are these any good? Would there be many mature students at them?

Also looking at the greenwich school of management - would a degree from here be looked at in the same way by employers as a degree from a proper university? Would it be possible to get the honours degree here in 2 years and then apply to a more well known uni to do my masters?

Thanks for your help guys.

Jason
Reply 1
There is no funding for Masters. You will have to fund it yourself. No loans are available from the govt at all.
Reply 2
Buckingham Uni is a private uni, therefore there is no more gov't funding for it.

Universities will also ask you for "recent relevant study" which means some form of study at level 3 (or above) within the last 3 years. As you stated you had 2 a levels from school I presume it will be almost 10 years since you studied by the time you hope to go to universities.

Also, as far as fees go, bear in mind the rise in tuition fees next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending