The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by shawnhojh
Hey I read that you were waitlisted last year for a longtime (>10 weeks or something) before unfortunately receiving a rejection. When they first told you about the waitlisting, did they say how many weeks it would be?

Wondering how accurate they are when they say it will be passed back to the selectors within 6 weeks

fourteen weeks in total. and they were damn slack about it. after 8 weeks when i heard nothing, i mailed the admissions office and that when they told me they would send it to the dept 'soon' and after a few more days they sent me a mail saying that they had sent my application back to be reviewed again. 6 weeks passed by and i mailed them again asking about the status of my application and that's when they decided to inform me that I'd been rejected. all in all, it was pretty harrowing and part of me can't believe that I'm putting myself through this again.
Original post by e-lover
My application is still 'under consideration' :frown:

Mine too...
Original post by Franck27
Hey guys! I just got an unconditional offer to the Msc. in Development Management. I got my confirmation email (4th message) on November 9th in case you were wondering. Unfortunately, no financial aid :frown: so it is kind of a bitter sweet news... still happy that I got in!

Congratulations! :smile: I hope you manage to find funding soon then. All the best for that!
Reply 383
Under consideration too... still waiting
Reply 384
What course(s) did you apply for? I'm from SG too :smile:

Oh hey, haha I applied for Media & Communications. You? Are you in London already as well?
Reply 385
Original post by kolezlaw
Oh hey, haha I applied for Media & Communications. You? Are you in London already as well?

cool. im currently at exeter, applied for finance and accounting & finance. whereabouts in london are you studying at?
Reply 386
Original post by FinLuv
someone got a rejection, someone got waitlisted, no straight off the cuff offers yet... what is with them this year?????? where did mass offer week go and die???:mad:

Oh ok. Then I guess the offers are to come. Hopefully the wait will lead to a positive ending for us!!
Reply 387
Original post by Franck27
Hey guys! I just got an unconditional offer to the Msc. in Development Management. I got my confirmation email (4th message) on November 9th in case you were wondering. Unfortunately, no financial aid :frown: so it is kind of a bitter sweet news... still happy that I got in!

Wohooooo congratulations! Finally some offers coming ! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 388
Hey guys,

I guess most of you applied for personal support. I am on the process of doing so and I am struggling with my personal statement. How long roughly was yours?
They say 1000 words minimum but that there is no real limit :s-smilie:
The more I write the more it seems like it is a terrible statement.
I might just say: I NEED THIS MONEY !! lol
Thanks in advance for your help.

Ps: Do you think that the fact that I didn't finish to fill my financial help form might delay the decision of the departement?
Do they look into that?
If they do they will realise how broke I am and I am scared that it might be a negative thing
Reply 389
cool. im currently at exeter, applied for finance and accounting & finance. whereabouts in london are you studying at?

I finished my degree a month ago. I live close to Kennington. I have another friend in Exeter as well, there seems to be quite a large SG-M'sia community there huh.
Reply 390
ermmmmm.... I meant financial support!
Original post by corakorka
Hey guys,

I guess most of you applied for personal support. I am on the process of doing so and I am struggling with my personal statement. How long roughly was yours?
They say 1000 words minimum but that there is no real limit :s-smilie:
The more I write the more it seems like it is a terrible statement.
I might just say: I NEED THIS MONEY !! lol
Thanks in advance for your help.

Ps: Do you think that the fact that I didn't finish to fill my financial help form might delay the decision of the departement?
Do they look into that?
If they do they will realise how broke I am and I am scared that it might be a negative thing

I doubt your financial form is the reason for the wait. Technically, your application is considered separately from your application for fin.support.

I think generally it's best to keep the statement succinct. They have tons of applications to go through. Don't annoy them with long stories (unless it's über engaging?). Find a strong story to tell. But I'll be careful about counting on their fin.support. I read somewhere that it's even more competitive than getting in. You practically need to have survived some kind of earth shattering ordeal to get it. :s-smilie: that being said, no harm trying.

All the best! :smile:

PS - your priority is to get an offer. You can always turn it down later if you really can't afford it. I know this sounds awful but it's the way things roll.
Reply 392
Original post by incipientclarity
I doubt your financial form is the reason for the wait. Technically, your application is considered separately from your application for fin.support.

I think generally it's best to keep the statement succinct. They have tons of applications to go through. Don't annoy them with long stories (unless it's über engaging?). Find a strong story to tell. But I'll be careful about counting on their fin.support. I read somewhere that it's even more competitive than getting in. You practically need to have survived some kind of earth shattering ordeal to get it. :s-smilie: that being said, no harm trying.

All the best! :smile:

PS - your priority is to get an offer. You can always turn it down later if you really can't afford it. I know this sounds awful but it's the way things roll.

That's pretty much on the dot. I have friends currently studying at LSE and they said the same thing, unless you've survived a tornado/plague/drought/war/genocide, it'll be tough to get any aid. But give it a go, we all are :P
Reply 393
Original post by joerider
Under consideration too... still waiting

Well just to give you guys an idea of HOW slow they are.. my department (Accounting Dept.) told me they sent my application decision to the Graduate Admissions Dept. December 2nd (aka five weeks ago tomorrow) and they STILL have not updated my tracker. Have to say I think it's pretty silly that decisions sent to them 5 weeks ago have not been processed! Hopefully they will be putting lots through nowadays.
Reply 394
Just went through 127 pages of the last year's LSE postgrad applicants thread, it definitely didn't help me to keep my stress level low :frown:! However, I am much more informed...and I know that upcoming weeks are going to be critical!

Bring on the results!
Reply 395
Original post by slater88
Well just to give you guys an idea of HOW slow they are.. my department (Accounting Dept.) told me they sent my application decision to the Graduate Admissions Dept. December 2nd (aka five weeks ago tomorrow) and they STILL have not updated my tracker. Have to say I think it's pretty silly that decisions sent to them 5 weeks ago have not been processed! Hopefully they will be putting lots through nowadays.

Wow 5 weeks and not updated yet?! Did you get an offer or did the department not disclose that to you?
Reply 396

How did you learned that? Did you call/write your department?
Reply 397
Original post by joerider
How did you learned that? Did you call/write your department?

I wrote my program coordinator! Usually the department will be able to tell you if a decision has been made on your application or not...!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 398
Wow 5 weeks and not updated yet?! Did you get an offer or did the department not disclose that to you?

Fortunately they informed me I did get an offer, but it is not "official" until it is processed by Graduate Admissions, and they and they seem to really be taking their time pushing my paperwork through the tracker! But at least I know they gave me an offer, which is great news:biggrin: Still want to see it pop up on my tracker though!

PS- I called graduate admissions today to ask when they thought it would be processed, given that they have had the decision for 5 weeks, and he said "Soon, we are in the process of posting lots of decisions now, we post them in the order we received them." So not too specific, but just thought i'd pass on the info. Oh and he also said to check the tracker rather that counting on getting an email from them when a decision is posted on the tracker, just FYI :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 399
Fortunately they informed me I did get an offer, but it is not "official" until it is processed by Graduate Admissions, and they and they seem to really be taking their time pushing my paperwork through the tracker! But at least I know they gave me an offer, which is great news:biggrin: Still want to see it pop up on my tracker though!

PS- I called graduate admissions today to ask when they thought it would be processed, given that they have had the decision for 5 weeks, and he said "Soon, we are in the process of posting lots of decisions now, we post them in the order we received them." So not too specific, but just thought i'd pass on the info. Oh and he also said to check the tracker rather that counting on getting an email from them when a decision is posted on the tracker, just FYI :smile:

Congrats!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending