The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by lego
Some people here seriously need to relax. It's just university admissions, you will have nervous breakdowns with that attitude later in life when you have problems that actually matter.

It is very normal to have stress and worries but I agree with you. LSE is LSE we all understand that but is not the end of the world if you do your msc somewhere else. In UK, you can find really good universities with really good reputation and very good programs.

We all want to get an offer from LSE and we all want to study at LSE but we have alternative - good solutions as well :smile:
Reply 581
any news for Media & Communications applicants? :smile:
Reply 582
Original post by lego
Some people here seriously need to relax. It's just university admissions, you will have nervous breakdowns with that attitude later in life when you have problems that actually matter.

Agreed. They couldn't give a damn about our feelings. This a process. Just keep jogging on.
Reply 583
So no news today either... i hope they plan on sending it sometime within the decade at this rate :-P
Reply 584
Original post by lego

I agree with you to some extent, and you are more than entitled to your opinion. But at the same time, I feel like it is a little silly for you to tell others how they should behave and to "relax". I think a lot of people use it as an outlet, and if you think its ridiculous then you don't need to partake or stress about it, but others are certainly allowed to.
According to what I understood by phone, they say offers would come by the end of the week (I guess Friday).
Reply 586
yes, thats what i heard, too. at the latest next week many will rejoice and many will cry. its the ciiiiiiiiiiiircle of life
Reply 587
Original post by Thomas2345
According to what I understood by phone, they say offers would come by the end of the week (I guess Friday).

They do have a trend of announcing on fridays or mondays.
Reply 588
stats department told me on monday that i should have my dicision within a week. i applied in early november
It was both MPA department and graduate admission office that told me the same thing : offers should come by the end of the week, not for specific department.

I also applied in early november.

They also told me that a decision has been made for my first choice : my last hope is that the sentence "a decision has been made" is the same than the one that can appear on the tracker (which corresponds very often to an offer according to the many different forums I read so far) ....

But regarding the time they take and how they process things, I would not be surprised to receive a rejection in 3 weeks...

Wait and see...
Reply 590
Original post by slater88
I agree with you to some extent, and you are more than entitled to your opinion. But at the same time, I feel like it is a little silly for you to tell others how they should behave and to "relax". I think a lot of people use it as an outlet, and if you think its ridiculous then you don't need to partake or stress about it, but others are certainly allowed to.

I'm not telling anyone how to behave. However, I do believe that if some people are as stressed about this, as they are portraying themselves to be, then it's not healthy for them, plus it gets boring for others.
I see it this way: the people applying to LSE are obviously smart and good students. So if they are stressed now, they were probably stressed about doing well in high school, being admitted to a good university, getting good grades during their bachelors, and so on. However, from a current point of view, getting stressed whether you get an A or a B on a test in high school seems silly and negligible. The same way, 5 or 6 years from now, when you get fired for the first time, a relative gets sick, face a divorce, or whatever problem you face, you will see how unnecessary it is to stress that you might end up in Warwick/UCL/whatever is your second choice and not in LSE.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 591
I have just noticed it is Friday the 13th this week! :s-smilie:
Reply 592
Original post by lego
I'm not telling anyone how to behave. However, I do believe that if some people are as stressed about this, as they are portraying themselves to be, then it's not healthy for them, plus it gets boring for others.
I see it this way: the people applying to LSE are obviously smart and good students. So if they are stressed now, they were probably stressed about doing well in high school, being admitted to a good university, getting good grades during their bachelors, and so on. However, from a current point of view, getting stressed whether you get an A or a B on a test in high school seems silly and negligible. The same way, 5 or 6 years from now, when you get fired for the first time, a relative gets sick, face a divorce, or whatever problem you face, you will see how unnecessary it is to stress that you might end up in Warwick/UCL/whatever is your second choice and not in LSE.

I am in agreement with your statements about perspective, and I think we can all agree that a divorce or losing a relative is far worse than not being accepted to LSE. All I was saying is, while perspective is great, the reality is that it is often gained later on as time goes, and at this moment in time if the most important thing is getting into LSE and you worked very hard, you have the right to stress and express it, everyone handles things differently. I was not stating that you are in incorrect in saying worse things can happen than getting rejected from LSE, nor does anybody on this forum truly believe that of course.

Anyway, good luck with your app!
Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MSc China in Comparative Perspective at the very start of December. Is anyone else hoping to get onto this degree?

:smile:
Reply 594
Does anyone have any advice for writing the financial support personal statement? I'm struggling to fill the space. I actually need funding but I don't have some spectacular story that explains why I need it.
Reply 595
Hey everyone,
I have a question regarding the GMAT Waiver: has anyone applied for this and if so, if the LSE grants the waiver, what would be noted in your LSE for you portal?
Reply 596
Does LSE require you to submit transcripts from an study abroad program if you did one?

This totally slipped my mind in applying.
Reply 597
Original post by g-oo-ey
Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MSc China in Comparative Perspective at the very start of December. Is anyone else hoping to get onto this degree?

:smile:

Hey, from SG too. What made you study that course in LSE instead of Tsinghua, Fudan or Beijing? Just curious, it's nearer, cheaper and what can be better than doing it in the country you're studying? :smile: By any chance you're in the UK ?
Reply 598
Hi, should I call the office and ask them if they have overlooked anything at all? One of my referers said she has received the acknowledgement slip from LSE after she sent in her reference but so far EMBARK has not registered this or should I wait a few more days? It's been a week already.
Reply 599
Original post by kolezlaw
Hi, should I call the office and ask them if they have overlooked anything at all? One of my referers said she has received the acknowledgement slip from LSE after she sent in her reference but so far EMBARK has not registered this or should I wait a few more days? It's been a week already.

Did he submit it online, or by mail?

If online, then it should have been registered immediately on EMBARK and after 2-3 working days on LSE for You as well!

At least this is how it has worked with my reference letters!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending