The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
whats an organ scholar?
mik1a
whats an organ scholar?

Someone who plays the organ and is good.
mik1a
whats an organ scholar?

The guy with the biggest "organ" gets to hang out with all the gilrs in the choir (or given the chapels tend to be christian maybe some of the boy sopranos/trebles.

MB

P.S sorry for my immaturity.
Reply 23
musicboy
The guy with the biggest "organ" gets to hang out with all the gilrs in the choir (or given the chapels tend to be christian maybe some of the boy sopranos/trebles.

MB

P.S sorry for my immaturity.

Don't care about the immaturity, but what is the connection between the chapels being Christian (which, surprise, they all are!) and having all male choirs?

Only three colleges still have boy trebles - King's, John's and Jesus. Everywhere else is mixed.

And the organ scholar, for whoever asked, has to play at services (3 a week at Clare; 6/7 at King's, can't remember) help direct the choir and generally be an assistant to the Director of Music. We have 2 organ scholars; think most colleges do that. For this, they get paid a small amount of money, get a free piano in their room and get to go on tours and stuff for free.
Reply 24
blissy
Good thinking batwoman. Nice to see the word "bugger" in use - being from Devon I say it a lot here in Cam and don't realise that some people find it offensive and not just an expression.

damn, people here are too easily offended, I swear like a navvy and occasionally I notice people being offended but I've been doing it habitually for so many years I don't care any more.

Hardly anyone around here understands the concept of chavs until you tell them they're scallies. So many people are sheltered. I worried the f*** out of one of my friends by making him watch trainspotting, lock stock, res dogs and pulp fiction; none of which he'd seen before coming to uni. He was very disturbed, especially by the OD scene in pulp fiction.

Alaric.
Alaric
damn, people here are too easily offended, I swear like a navvy and occasionally I notice people being offended but I've been doing it habitually for so many years I don't care any more.

Hardly anyone around here understands the concept of chavs until you tell them they're scallies. So many people are sheltered. I worried the f*** out of one of my friends by making him watch trainspotting, lock stock, res dogs and pulp fiction; none of which he'd seen before coming to uni. He was very disturbed, especially by the OD scene in pulp fiction.

Alaric.

im inpressed by how late you're up. just was chatting to some weird lads who are climbing everything in cambridge. impressive stuff
J
foolfarian
im inpressed by how late you're up. just was chatting to some weird lads who are climbing everything in cambridge. impressive stuff
J

I'm still up. Essay crisis. Bleurgh. :frown:
Reply 27
hildabeast
I'm still up. Essay crisis. Bleurgh. :frown:

How long is your essay
bazippit
How long is your essay

2500 words.
Reply 29
From this coming september (I think) all students will be allowed to apply to both, Oxford and Cambridge. If it's not from this september, then it's deffinately from next september...

*Tara*
Alaric

Alaric.

Are the people you speak of that rubbish? You have got to be having us on.
Reply 31
'weirdo' ... how did you find out that applicants will be able to apply to both Oxford and Cambridge??
Reply 32
Weirdo
From this coming september (I think) all students will be allowed to apply to both, Oxford and Cambridge. If it's not from this september, then it's deffinately from next september...

*Tara*

Errrm...i think you might be misinformed!
Reply 33
hope she isn't

Latest

Trending

Trending