The Student Room Group

Engineering Freshers 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mads_300
Leeds applicant here :smile:

I am a leeds applicant too! Have you heard anything if so Are you firming it? What have they asked you? :smile:
Reply 381
Original post by razmazterz
I am a leeds applicant too! Have you heard anything if so Are you firming it? What have they asked you? :smile:

Which course have you applied for? I've applied for Biomedical Engineering. Yeah I heard back, I have an offer for AAB. What about you? It won't be my first choice, but it may be my insurance depending on other offers :smile:
Reply 382
Original post by tomtom94
Anyone heard from surrey - civil engineering ?
The last one i need to hear from, the suspense is unbearable.

My best friend got an offer from surrey for civil engineering. I have an offer for aerospace there. I`m sure you`ll get your offer soon, they seem to answer pretty quickly. :wink: Where else have you applied, if you don`t mind sharing? :biggrin:
Reply 383
Original post by kvvn93
My best friend got an offer from surrey for civil engineering. I have an offer for aerospace there. I`m sure you`ll get your offer soon, they seem to answer pretty quickly. :wink: Where else have you applied, if you don`t mind sharing? :biggrin:

Sure

Louthbourgh
Brunel
Conventry
and to fill the last space
Portsmouth

Thought i would play it safe with my choices.

what about yourself ?
Which course have you applied for? I've applied for Biomedical Engineering. Yeah I heard back, I have an offer for AAB. What about you? It won't be my first choice, but it may be my insurance depending on other offers :smile:

I applied for Mechanical Engineering got an AAB offer to from Leeds. I am so confused which one university to firm and have insurance:s-smilie: I like them ALL haha! I got offers from:
Leeds
Sussex
Queen Mary
Birmingham
Loughborough
I am the most confused man in this planet!
What about your other choices?
Reply 385
Original post by tomtom94
Sure

Louthbourgh
Brunel
Conventry
and to fill the last space
Portsmouth

Thought i would play it safe with my choices.

what about yourself ?

Cardiff, Bath, Sheffield and Southampton
Reply 386
I applied for Mechanical Engineering got an AAB offer to from Leeds. I am so confused which one university to firm and have insurance:s-smilie: I like them ALL haha! I got offers from:
Leeds
Sussex
Queen Mary
Birmingham
Loughborough
I am the most confused man in this planet!
What about your other choices?

I've applied for Biomedical Engineering at Leeds, Imperial and Kings College, and General Engineering at Warwick and Durham.
Well have you been to all of the open days? If not, maybe it would help you get a better idea if you go and visit them all to get a taste of what it would be like to study engineering there. And I guess it also depends on what kind of uni life you would like - does the idea of being in a vibrant city like Leeds or London appeal a lot to you?
Another thing to look out for is the grades that each uni is asking for, but I'm guessing you have already thought about this :smile: Have you narrowed it down at all?
Reply 387
Hey guys! What are your thoughts on taking Mechanical Engineering at UCL? I haven't heard any reply from them so far, but would just like to know.

EDIT: Any UCL Mechanical Engineering applicants here? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've applied for Biomedical Engineering at Leeds, Imperial and Kings College, and General Engineering at Warwick and Durham.
Well have you been to all of the open days? If not, maybe it would help you get a better idea if you go and visit them all to get a taste of what it would be like to study engineering there. And I guess it also depends on what kind of uni life you would like - does the idea of being in a vibrant city like Leeds or London appeal a lot to you?
Another thing to look out for is the grades that each uni is asking for, but I'm guessing you have already thought about this :smile: Have you narrowed it down at all?

Yeah I have planned a whole week to visit each university, I really hope I take the right desicion. About I would like to go anywhere seriously doesnt matter if its a city or away from the city..the whole thing about is I AM EXCITED to join uni hahaha and I dont really care about location, because I think I can have fun anywhere and everywhere
About the grades aspect the range of offers I have is from AAB-BBB which is good as I have wide range to pick if anytime I feel I am underperforming.
The closest in narrowing down I got is to chose as a firm Leeds/Birmingham(one them as my firm) and Loughborough/Queen Mary as my insurance but still not sure I have a visit and hopefully decide.Thanks for the advice!
Reply 389
Original post by drewby235
Hey guys! What are your thoughts on taking Mechanical Engineering at UCL? I haven't heard any reply from them so far, but would just like to know.

EDIT: Any UCL Mechanical Engineering applicants here? :smile:

I was going to apply to UCL for mech but then i got told not to... apparently it's not great but i wouldn't know for sure :s-smilie:
Reply 390
Original post by Elmo_83

Original post by Elmo_83
So guys i am applying to newcastle, manchester, surrey, Birmingham and liverpool (insurance) as my uni choices for mechanical engineering. I am doing IB right now and i want a fair idea of what my IB predicted grade should be?
thanx :smile:

An IB grade of 39 would make u a very competitive candidate for these universities. Since Manchester's requirement is 37 and birmingham 36-38 so 39 would be good enough all the best
Any Birmingham or Leeds applicants?

I'm a birmingham applicant. Got an offer in late november.
Reply 392
Yeah I have planned a whole week to visit each university, I really hope I take the right desicion. About I would like to go anywhere seriously doesnt matter if its a city or away from the city..the whole thing about is I AM EXCITED to join uni hahaha and I dont really care about location, because I think I can have fun anywhere and everywhere
About the grades aspect the range of offers I have is from AAB-BBB which is good as I have wide range to pick if anytime I feel I am underperforming.
The closest in narrowing down I got is to chose as a firm Leeds/Birmingham(one them as my firm) and Loughborough/Queen Mary as my insurance but still not sure I have a visit and hopefully decide.Thanks for the advice!

No probs :smile: Let me know what your final decision is, I'm sure you'll make the right one :smile:
Reply 393
I've applied for aerospace at:

Bristol A*AA
Southampton AAA
Sheffield AAA
Leeds AAB
Liverpool BBB

I've got offers from all 5, but having trouble deciding my insurance. Bristol's definitely my firm. But what do you guys reckon? Leeds or Liverpool for insurance?
Got an offered an interview from Warwick on the 22nd of Feb! Does anybody know anyone who's familiar with Warwick's interviewing stage?

This is for Mech Eng. All BEng, considering trying to transfer to MEng if I'm an able enough student.

Offered/Interviews: Warwick, Loughborough, Swansea and Brunel

Waiting: Nottingham

Assuming I am given all offers... What do you guy's reckon... Nottingham or Warwick?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 395
Original post by Teh SoniC
Got an offered an interview from Warwick on the 22nd of Feb! Does anybody know anyone who's familiar with Warwick's interviewing stage?

This is for Mech Eng. All BEng, considering trying to transfer to MEng if I'm an able enough student.

Offered/Interviews: Warwick, Loughborough, Swansea and Brunel

Waiting: Nottingham

Assuming I am given all offers... What do you guy's reckon... Nottingham or Warwick?

I have an interview and open day on Wednesday 22nd Feb at Warwick too! I might see you there :smile:

Warwick and Nottingham are much of a muchness for engineering so I'd go with whichever uni you prefer and will be happier at.
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
I'm a birmingham applicant. Got an offer in late november.

Was wondering if its one of your two options??
Original post by CC.L
I've applied for aerospace at:

Bristol A*AA
Southampton AAA
Sheffield AAA
Leeds AAB
Liverpool BBB

I've got offers from all 5, but having trouble deciding my insurance. Bristol's definitely my firm. But what do you guys reckon? Leeds or Liverpool for insurance?

I'd go for Leeds!:smile:
Reply 398
Got all my offers now and an interview at Leeds. (Civil Engineering)

My first choice will be between Cardiff, Nottingham and Leeds.
My insurance will most likely be Liverpool.

Any recommendations on which to pick as my firm? I'm visiting Cardiff in February. I've visited Nottingham last year, and I'm going to Leeds again for the interview.
(edited 12 years ago)
Was wondering if its one of your two options??

The course and department looked good but I decided against it. I have my heart set on Nottingham with Leicester as my insurance (Lowest offer).

Quick Reply

Latest