The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Should I start worrying, considering I've heard nothing from Leeds as of yet...not even a confirmation or a merry christmas haha. And does anybody know how long the length of the ''Why do you want to study at Leeds University" part in the access to Leeds form needs to be?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 781
such a relief that its not just me that hasnt received anything from Leeds, not even confirmation of application. i was beginning to think it didn't get through. :s-smilie:
Its my last one to reply, so im not too worried, and ive already know i will choose Cardiff as firm and nottingham insurance regardless of leeds.
Reply 782
[QUOTE="weirdlikeluna;35693207"]
Original post by georgie94

It will be if I get a place! I loved the open day ^_^

*crosses fingers*

You?

Ah good luck! Yeah maybe, I need to decide between Bristol and Leeds...
Original post by Jetmouse

Should I start worrying, considering I've heard nothing from Leeds as of yet...not even a confirmation or a merry christmas haha. And does anybody know how long the length of the ''Why do you want to study at Leeds University" part in the access to Leeds form needs to be?

No I wouldn't worry - Leeds doesn't seem to send acknowledgements!
I'm yet to fill out my A2L form but I'd guess that length doesn't matter as long as you're really convincing in your passion for the Leeds course in particular/the university etc.
Reply 784
Original post by greengables
No I wouldn't worry - Leeds doesn't seem to send acknowledgements!
I'm yet to fill out my A2L form but I'd guess that length doesn't matter as long as you're really convincing in your passion for the Leeds course in particular/the university etc.

Okay, thankyou :smile: I guess expecting a confirmation is a bit too much to ask haha, worry mode removed...for now.

Okay, thankyou :smile: I guess expecting a confirmation is a bit too much to ask haha, worry mode removed...for now.

Yeah, the first I heard from Leeds was the fact that I'd actually got an offer! But obviously different courses do things differently - I applied for French and Italian, and the Languages department have been fairly prompt with replies by the looks of things on TSR. How about you?
Yeah, the first I heard from Leeds was the fact that I'd actually got an offer! But obviously different courses do things differently - I applied for French and Italian, and the Languages department have been fairly prompt with replies by the looks of things on TSR. How about you?

Oh dear. I've applied for French and Spanish and haven't heard anything :s-smilie: I sent mine off on December 1. *starts panicking*
Reply 787
Original post by weirdlikeluna
Oh dear. I've applied for French and Spanish and haven't heard anything :s-smilie: I sent mine off on December 1. *starts panicking*

Don't.

Don't worry, I sent my UCAS off in October, and only heard at the end of November. Prompt probably wasn't the right word!
Don't worry, I sent my UCAS off in October, and only heard at the end of November. Prompt probably wasn't the right word!

Oh ok :smile: There's still hope lol
Reply 790

I've applied for German, and I've heard diddly squat D: I did pretty much send off my application a week before the deadline so maybe they're holding a silent grudge. :rolleyes:

I've applied for German, and I've heard diddly squat D: I did pretty much send off my application a week before the deadline so maybe they're holding a silent grudge. :rolleyes:

To be fair, they took around 1 and a half to 2 months with my application - don't worry about it at all!
Reply 792
To be fair, they took around 1 and a half to 2 months with my application - don't worry about it at all!

I won't do for now, merci for your help :smile: (My poor attempt at being French :biggrin: )
Reply 793
I've just got off the phone from Leeds - they sad my application should be dealt with by the end of the week and if not, I should phone them up again. The woman had a quick look through my qualifications and asked if I was applying for second year entry because I've got quite a few level 3 qualifications. That's a good sign, right? Ahhhh I'm so nervous. I really hope they get back to me before my Biology unit 1 re-take on Wednesday!:biggrin:
Reply 794
Original post by ugk4life

Original post by ugk4life
offered AAB for Economics and Philosophy

i'm still waiting on a reply, what are you predicted?
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
Hello! :smile: Ugh, scary times, keeping my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

My predictions are A*A*A (English Lit, Fine Art and History respectively) and an A in AS German (comes through on my UCAS app as a predicted A but shows I only took it to AS level, if that makes sense). I'd say as long as you're predicted AAB and have a good PS and reference you definitely stand a good chance. Let us know what happens :smile:

Where else have you applied? :smile:

That's really sweet of you, thank you :smile:

Wow, you're a genius! Haha. Did you apply to Oxbridge too?

Yeah I'm predicted AAB (English Language, Psychology, History respectively, tho I should get an A in History at the end of this year if I keep working hard), I've been told my PS is good (though you know, you never think it's good yourself) & my teacher said the reference was good, but I haven't read it yet :/

Umm Sheffield, (offer: AAA for Lang & Lit), Manchester (offer: AAB for English Lang alone),Cardiff (offer: English Lang alone), & waiting on Leeds for Lang & Lit and Nottingham also for Lang & Lit! What about yourself? :biggrin:
Original post by braiiins
Constantly checking, and refreshing, and refreshing, and refreshing...
When did you apply, and what are you applying for?
Thank you :smile:

Haha I remember that feeling.. UCAS got sent off to all my unis on the 4th of November, and I'm applying for English Language & Literature. I heard back from 2 of my unis within 2 weeks and from one of them within 4-5 weeks. The others have put me on hold til end of Feb/March!
Reply 797
Original post by goussberry
Haha I remember that feeling.. UCAS got sent off to all my unis on the 4th of November, and I'm applying for English Language & Literature. I heard back from 2 of my unis within 2 weeks and from one of them within 4-5 weeks. The others have put me on hold til end of Feb/March!

:h:

Glad to hear you picked the best subject.
Original post by Muffinz
:h:

Glad to hear you picked the best subject.

I like to think so :P
Reply 799
Original post by goussberry
I like to think so :P

If you have an questions about English at Leeds let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest