The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
I got accepted into Leeds to study English Language and Literature!!! :biggrin:
I'm now facing the problem of accommodation -.- Devonshire Hall or Charles Morris Hall? Can anyone help? Basic problem is: Dev has amazing facilities, seems more social, but 1/2 mile to a mile away from campus, Charles Morris has nicer kitchens and rooms (although smaller) but is on campus... I have no clue which to choose :/
but I'm soo happy I got accepted and I wish everyone loads of good luck for getting in! :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 981
Original post by Lucian88
I got accepted into Leeds to study English Language and Literature!!! :biggrin:
I'm now facing the problem of accommodation -.- Devonshire Hall or Charles Morris Hall? Can anyone help? Basic problem is: Dev has amazing facilities, seems more social, but 1/2 mile to a mile away from campus, Charles Morris has nicer kitchens and rooms (although smaller) but is on campus... I have no clue which to choose :/
but I'm soo happy I got accepted and I wish everyone loads of good luck for getting in! :smile:

WELCOME TO LEEDS! :party:

If you don't mind a 20 minute walk, then go for Dev. The on-campus accomodation tends to be over-applied for so you have a lesser chance of getting it, so beware if you put that one down.
Reply 982
Original post by Muffinz
WELCOME TO LEEDS! :party:

If you don't mind a 20 minute walk, then go for Dev. The on-campus accomodation tends to be over-applied for so you have a lesser chance of getting it, so beware if you put that one down.

Thank you!! Is it a nicer place to be then? :smile: I've heard mixed reviews so it's hard to choose.
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
I'm not :frown: I currently live 5 hours south of Leeds so it's quite a mission to get up there and I went for the straight History open day and also the general open day before that, so I think I have enough to make my decision.... hopefully! :biggrin:

Haha my rents are making me make the trek from bristol to Leeds but hopefully it'll be informative... bit awkward if not! Haha yeah the open day just made me love it so much!
Reply 984
Original post by Lucian88
Thank you!! Is it a nicer place to be then? :smile: I've heard mixed reviews so it's hard to choose.

I haven't been in either, so I couldn't say :frown: sorry.
Reply 985
Can't believe it - I got an offer! Biology, conditional ABB.

If I pass the Access to Leeds modules, it'll be BBC. :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
I got an offer for French and Spanish! :biggrin: Conditional AAB with A's in french and Spanish

Also got Access to Leeds but I'm not very happy with it because I still need AA and a D in my other subject (English) :s-smilie:

I'm predected A in English and B/A in Spanish though so this makes no sense :frown: I was hoping it would be BBB or ABC. Slightly pointless...

But at least I have a chance of going to Leeds! Love it there so much <3
Standard: ABB (inc. A in French)
Access: ACC (inc. A in French)

For French/Politics joint honours! :biggrin:
Reply 988
Anyone else going to the open afternoon for English this Friday? :smile:
Reply 989
Original post by Morg334
Anyone else going to the open afternoon for English this Friday? :smile:

Ooh, there's an open afternoon on Friday?! Sweet!
Still havent heard anything for maths getting really nervous, is anyone in the same situation?
Original post by braiiins
I applied November 8th for Neuroscience... I know it's not the same course, but I know loads of other people have gotten offers for courses similar to mine and I haven't heard anything.
HOPEFULLY THERE'S HOPE FOR US.

It's been ages and i still havent heard anything, what about you?
Reply 992
Original post by Fleximetrics
It's been ages and i still havent heard anything, what about you?

I did about a week ago - not the offer I was hoping for though. AAB with A in biology (which is my predicted B).
:/ Hope you hear soon.
Just made Leeds my firm on track!
Reply 994
Original post by jamie_jca
Just made Leeds my firm on track!

Nice! I'll hopefully be doing the same once my offer (or rejection, depends on interview!) comes through from Teesside next week. Then I can firm Leeds :biggrin: Can't wait!
Offer for Sociology ABB, Access to Leeds BBC :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 996
i can officially confirm that ill be heardn to leeds this september after getting my unconditional offer
for medical engineering,walking on the moon ryt now
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 997
Original post by kedd
i can officially confirm that ill be heardn to leeds this september after getting my unconditional offer
for medical engineering,walking on the moon ryt now

Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 998
Anyone heard back from Criminology & Criminal Justice?
Original post by braiiins
I did about a week ago - not the offer I was hoping for though. AAB with A in biology (which is my predicted B).
:/ Hope you hear soon.

Sorry to hear that it wasnt what you wanted :/ I got an offer from UCL so its not that improtant but i was hoping to put leeds as my insurance so i hope they hurry up!!

Quick Reply

Latest