The Student Room Group
Same as any other Uni, provided you get the right job. http://www.napierscott.com/salary_surveys_2005/index.htm

That's for Fixed Income Front Office. Equities and IBD I imagine are probably in that ball park too. However, don't expect to see anything like that if you work in Ops, although I have heard of IT guys pulling in total packages of £200k+.
Bear in mind that there are all kinds of problems with the NapierScott survey...
I haven't bothered reading the fine print.... I probably should do that every so often. What's particularly wrong with it (aside from the fact that people don't tend to talk about money, so its probably based on about 3 responses)?
Olek
I haven't bothered reading the fine print.... I probably should do that every so often. What's particularly wrong with it (aside from the fact that people don't tend to talk about money, so its probably based on about 3 responses)?

NapierScott are a recruiting firm. They only know what people get offered in the year they join. The people they said through who are good enough to get 'permanently' hired will be the ones earning the top salaries.

Just a biased in the distribution.

Furthermore, I reckon internal promotions rather than 'agency recruits' are on a better wage. You get promoted as a reward and to keep you from going elsewhere due to your talent. You're brought in from an agency because they need someone to fill a seat.
Olek
Same as any other Uni, provided you get the right job. http://www.napierscott.com/salary_surveys_2005/index.htm

That's for Fixed Income Front Office. Equities and IBD I imagine are probably in that ball park too. However, don't expect to see anything like that if you work in Ops, although I have heard of IT guys pulling in total packages of £200k+.

lol that table didnt mean much to me! hehe

What i mean is that i hear a lot of maths grads from the top universities get headhunted for finance jobs, oxbridge, warwick, imperial, ucl etc etc- and some can start on £60k (yes this is what i was told lol) so i was just wondering if maths grads do really get it this good............??
futureaussiecto
lol that table didnt mean much to me! hehe

What i mean is that i hear a lot of maths grads from the top universities get headhunted for finance jobs, oxbridge, warwick, imperial, ucl etc etc- and some can start on £60k (yes this is what i was told lol) so i was just wondering if maths grads do really get it this good............??

60k? Very few of them will get to 60k as a start salary in the City (but it does happen - some people use an offer from certain companies as leverage to get a boost in their start salary with a competitor). 40 to 45 would be more typical.
Reply 7
dont think maths grads get that much more....
there used to be a quite good salary section on ibtalk but they took it down about 9 months ago :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending