The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

I got an AAB or BBB offer- this makes no sense whatsoever, but because of pre-u they wanted to offer me AB (A in pre-u) or AA (B in pre-u) but i reckon they put BB instead of AA hahahaaa gonna call up this weekend :smile: BBB would be AMAZING!!
University of York
York
Original post by hannah2012
Sent my application for Law on 27th September and still had nothing more than a confirmation email! Hoping to hear soon... Have you heard back from any of your other choices?

Good luck with your application :smile:

Hi, congrats on your offer from UCL!

May I ask, what were your GCSEs, ASs, and predicted grades?

Thanks
Reply 582
Got an AAB offer for Economics, very happy with the offer!
Reply 583
I think I'll be getting a rejection from York since I haven't received any further information and I applied on the 14th of October for Chemistry (Mchem) :/
Reply 584
Original post by Minz211
Just got an AAB offer for economics! so happy!

Original post by SecretDuck
I got an AAB offer for Economics at 11pm yesterday. :biggrin:

What grades have you both got?
I'm scared I'll get rejected, sent my application off on 14th October :/
Original post by FDR

well, done me tooo!!!!
BUTTT my offer was AAB OR BBB i'm so confused!!! have you heard of anyone else getting almost two entirely different offers :s-smilie:??
Original post by Axellia

I messed up my AS levels - BBCE. I'm retaking most of my modules this year.
Original post by FDR

Original post by buttercup94
well, done me tooo!!!!
BUTTT my offer was AAB OR BBB i'm so confused!!! have you heard of anyone else getting almost two entirely different offers :s-smilie:??

Congratulations!! Hoping to get mine soon :biggrin: Seems more and more econ offers are coming through now.. yay ^_^
Reply 588
Original post by buttercup94
well, done me tooo!!!!

mine was just AAB across three A levels (so I presume that includes General studies??) but also including Maths.
Reply 589
ABB for Chemistry :smile: got it a week or so ago, didn't realise this thread existed.
Original post by FDR
mine was just AAB across three A levels (so I presume that includes General studies??) but also including Maths.

congrats!!

i think they made a mistake. they were meant to put AA (plus B in pre-u) or AB (plus A in pre-u) but put BB (plus B in pre-u)

so i've ended up with a BBB offer haha e-mailed them so check what's going on though, not sure they can retract an offer :biggrin:
Reply 591
Original post by Axellia

GCSE's: 8A*s 4As
AS: AAAB
A2 predictions: A*AA

im sure you'll be ok :smile: i sent my application on the 13th october
Reply 592
Original post by JPDub
Good luck - I'm sure you'll rock it! Don't forget your exponents and logs, as my uncle constantly reminds me! :rolleyes: too bad I'm an English major.

Haha what useful advice for film & tv production also! Thanks though, I think it went really well :smile: Bet I have a long wait though to find out :frown:
Reply 593
I was just wondering whether anyone has heard back for Psychology? It's the last one I'm waiting for and it's making me nervous :s-smilie:
Reply 594
Any more PPE offers been given out? Im still waiting to hear from York?...:'(
Original post by ibs007
Any more PPE offers been given out? Im still waiting to hear from York?...:'(

I have a Politics and International Relations offer....
Reply 596
Original post by strawberryjellybaby

I have a Politics and International Relations offer....

By PPE I mean - Philosophy, Politics and Economics.
Original post by ibs007
By PPE I mean - Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

Yes I am quite aware of that thank you, it might be that they are handled by the same department.
Reply 598

Yes I am quite aware of that thank you, it might be that they are handled by the same department.

I did not mean to cause any offence towards you. Sorry if you read that the wrong way. When did you receive your offer?
Original post by ibs007
I did not mean to cause any offence towards you. Sorry if you read that the wrong way. When did you receive your offer?

It's fine, if not quite patronising. On Tuesday this week.

Quick Reply

Latest