The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kristina_Lucy

Do I detect some rivalry there? :wink: and I applied to New college - actually went down to cambridge uni and stayed at king's. Loved the place but they didn't do the course I want! :/

So did you have any tests to do for cambridge? Or are you just going straight for an interview? :smile:

Just a tad :wink: haha. Ah nice! Kings is rather beautiful - an awful lot of tourists though (including myself :P). Oh yeah, that seems to have put quite a few people off, I know someone who's applying to oxford to do straight chemistry as opposed to natural sciences.

Thankfully not! Some of the colleges require you do sit the TSA, but Magdalene doesn't! Although I will have "preparatory study" before interview, when I'll be given some sort of text/stimulus to discuss. I submitted two essays last week so now I'm just waiting to hear back from them! Fingers crossed for an interview.

What about you? I do believe oxford has a PAT test (or I have I just made that up?) When d'you hear if you've got an interview? :smile:
Original post by alexsasg

Just a tad :wink: haha. Ah nice! Kings is rather beautiful - an awful lot of tourists though (including myself :P). Oh yeah, that seems to have put quite a few people off, I know someone who's applying to oxford to do straight chemistry as opposed to natural sciences.

Thankfully not! Some of the colleges require you do sit the TSA, but Magdalene doesn't! Although I will have "preparatory study" before interview, when I'll be given some sort of text/stimulus to discuss. I submitted two essays last week so now I'm just waiting to hear back from them! Fingers crossed for an interview.

What about you? I do believe oxford has a PAT test (or I have I just made that up?) When d'you hear if you've got an interview? :smile:

Lucky you!! I've got a couple of friends doing the STEP papers for Cambridge - 6 hours of maths! Yes I've had the PAT to do - unbelievably hard but I suppose that is the point! Heard from a couple of people that they found it equally hard though so there is some hope. :smile:

I believe we hear from them at the end of November or the first week in December about interviews, hopefully it'll be good news!! Hope its good news for you about interviews as well!! :smile:

Lucky you!! I've got a couple of friends doing the STEP papers for Cambridge - 6 hours of maths! Yes I've had the PAT to do - unbelievably hard but I suppose that is the point! Heard from a couple of people that they found it equally hard though so there is some hope. :smile:

I believe we hear from them at the end of November or the first week in December about interviews, hopefully it'll be good news!! Hope its good news for you about interviews as well!! :smile:

Yeah, STEP's horrible! Saw one of my friend's practice papers and almost died, it looked so difficult. I'm sure you did better than you think you did - virtually nobody comes out of those exams thinking that they've done well! (If they think they have, they usually haven't :P)

Ah, right :smile: thanks + hope you get an interview too! Scrap that, I hope we both get offers. ;D
CONDITIONAL ( IB 36 points) FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW! :biggrin: Business and Management with German language. I've sent my application 3 days ago!! Did not expect that at all, almost had a heart attack! :biggrin:

Yeah, STEP's horrible! Saw one of my friend's practice papers and almost died, it looked so difficult. I'm sure you did better than you think you did - virtually nobody comes out of those exams thinking that they've done well! (If they think they have, they usually haven't :P)

Ah, right :smile: thanks + hope you get an interview too! Scrap that, I hope we both get offers. ;D

I'm doing further maths and I wouldn't be able to attempt those questions!!!! And yeah they say that about interviews as well - we were told that by oxford admission staff xD

And hopefully that offer should come in for us both - you'll have to keep me posted! :smile:
Reply 325
Not sure if this is relevant but never used this before. Hoping to study primary education next year at university have 5 highers but they are all Bs and Cs so as a result I am now doing a HNC in early education and childcare, does anyone know what I would need for first year entry??
Reply 326
Can anyone inform me on what the course structure is like in an International Relations degree?

It seems not too dissimilar to a History degree to me, can anyone differentiate?
Original post by Jimmy_EFC
Application sent: 02/11/11
Uni: Loughborough
Course: Chemistry MChem
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: 300 UCAS points with B in Chemistry
Date Offer Received: 15/11/11
Reaction: 3rd Offer Already! Really Happy :biggrin:

well dne mate. btw what are you predicted?
Original post by obusby1
I'm also applying to Oxford, UCL and KCL for law, what are your predicts?

Good luck

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

what are your other choices, or are you only applying to 3?

I dont have any predicted marks since im a canadian student and they just dont do that. I have however completed four grade 12 university prep courses last year, A level equivalents (I think). I'm enrolled in another 7 courses this year, and see myself achieving around a 94% average between my top 6 courses. I've also written the SATs but I'm waiting for the scores. would you know if I'm a competitive applicant?

What are your predictions? Have you gotten an interview yet? Do you know if many people have?
Original post by TheNextBigMoonFruit
Your welcome. I'm applying to Psychology at UCL, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Surrey and Roehampton. Good Luck by the way!!

Good luck to you too!
I received an e-mail from ucas saying " something has changed" but when I log in to track, nothing has changed.. did it happen to anyone?
Reply 331
Original post by pinouche13
I received an e-mail from ucas saying " something has changed" but when I log in to track, nothing has changed.. did it happen to anyone?

call ucas?
Original post by Nadine10
call ucas?

What could possibly change but the choices? I'm going to e-mail them tonight.
Reply 333
Original post by pinouche13
What could possibly change but the choices? I'm going to e-mail them tonight.

Perhaps they changed the 'start date' or something...
Interview at Brunel for Journalism.. It's a 30 minute exam with 10 questions on Journalism, I've been told there is nothing to revise. I'm so nervous, any help?
I also have a conditional offer at Kingston for Journalism, AAB.
applied for economics at uwe, swansea & uwic. really nervous about hearing back as i studied business studies (and not economics) at a-level and i did not take maths at a-level. should i be worried at all?
Reply 336
Original post by Mike93L
Application sent: 10th October
Uni: Bath
Course: Msci Natural Sciences with Professional Placement
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
Offer Grades: A*AA in Maths, Chem and Physics
Date Offer Received: 15th November
Reaction: First offer :smile:

well done! :smile: I applied for Msci with professional placement really hope i get an offer soon :frown: although i took bio chem maths history no Physics and my predicted grades were A*AAA so like just the requirements argh i hated waiting ahah!
Reply 337
Original post by emma mw
well done! :smile: I applied for Msci with professional placement really hope i get an offer soon :frown: although i took bio chem maths history no Physics and my predicted grades were A*AAA so like just the requirements argh i hated waiting ahah!

I'm sure not taking Physics won't affect you since I didn't take Biology. From what I've seen, it seems they're getting through people in order of when the application was submitted.

I was checking my Track app almost everyday and seeing no offers, then accidently clicked it yesterday and saw it became conditional, when I had least expected it.

I'm doing further maths and I wouldn't be able to attempt those questions!!!! And yeah they say that about interviews as well - we were told that by oxford admission staff xD

And hopefully that offer should come in for us both - you'll have to keep me posted! :smile:

Ah, further maths look ridiculously difficult to me! I find standard A-level maths hard enough, haha. I find that the best thing about maths is the cheesy chat-up lines, I find them absolutely hilarious! :biggrin:

Hopefully!Seeing as we're keeping each other posted, got my interview letter from Magdalene today - my interviews are on the 8th Dec, eeeeek! Let me how you're getting on + feel free to message me :smile:
Reply 339
Original post by sumergocogito
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

what are your other choices, or are you only applying to 3?

I dont have any predicted marks since im a canadian student and they just dont do that. I have however completed four grade 12 university prep courses last year, A level equivalents (I think). I'm enrolled in another 7 courses this year, and see myself achieving around a 94% average between my top 6 courses. I've also written the SATs but I'm waiting for the scores. would you know if I'm a competitive applicant?

What are your predictions? Have you gotten an interview yet? Do you know if many people have?

Nope, also applying to Warwick and Queen Mary's (fairly top heavy list I know but I got Canada as back up).

Haha, no, I have no idea what that equates too, I'm in the IB diploma and got predict 39/42. Thing that worries me isthat LNATS carry weightage in the admissions process and of course we have no idea how we did in them.

And no, I don't know anyone who got interviews yet, end of november they should be coming out hopefully...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending