UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by stifa
Application sent: 26th September 2011
University: University of Manchester
Course: Computer Systems Engineering
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Unconditional
Offer Grades: (Made unconditional upon receiving my IELTS results.)
Date Offer Received: 5th January 2012 (19:00)
Reaction: Somehow, I still can't get over the fact that I achieved a 7.5 overall result in IELTS.

And sorry for breaking the Cambridge combo :colondollar:
Congratulations on your offers! I bet you guys are in euphoria right now.

Congratulations. Did you have to prepare anything for the IELTS or did you take the test without preparation?

How much were you expecting to score after the test?
Reply 581
yeah... so i've just received a rejection from queen mary. apparently i don't meet the general entry requirements which is bull**** because i well do. i've obviously checked it out beforehand and i wouldn't have applied otherwise. just sent a "i'm so confused"-mail to the guy who's told me i'm totally gonna be fine with the grades i have. stupid qmul, srsly. :banghead:
Reply 582
Original post by ohdrama
yeah... so i've just received a rejection from queen mary. apparently i don't meet the general entry requirements which is bull**** because i well do. i've obviously checked it out beforehand and i wouldn't have applied otherwise. just sent a "i'm so confused"-mail to the guy who's told me i'm totally gonna be fine with the grades i have. stupid qmul, srsly. :banghead:

I was treated kind of the same way with Birmingham. Before I applied, I consulted them by email and they stated that my grades were sufficient. A few months later, and a rejection from them was to be seen. Shortly after receiving that rejection, I emailed them asking why I was rejected, just out of curiousity, because they didn't state why on UCAS. Turns out, all was a mistake, and I received a conditional offer soon after that.

Original post by mpc1
Congratulations. Did you have to prepare anything for the IELTS or did you take the test without preparation?

How much were you expecting to score after the test?

Not really, I was just taking a mock Reading test and a mock Writing test as well as doing some Writing papers from past examinations. I didn't really prepare that intensely, and jawdropped when I saw the results.
Reply 583
Original post by ohdrama

That happened to me! I applied to LJMU with predicted BCC, they asked for a BCC and I was rejected! On UCAS it said I was rejected for my grades, so I emailed them and they still said I didn't have the grades? :confused: :frown:
Reply 584
Got an offer to read Economics at Cambridge today!!! (Gonville and Caius)

Absolutely THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 585
I dont know how im ever going to manage to make a decision!

My offers are for biological sciences(where possible)/biology
Nottingham- AAB (Ive eliminated this one)
Birmingham- ABB (Firmly securing itself as my backup aha)
Leeds- AAB
Exeter- AAB
York- AAB

Ive booked open days for all but notts but i just dont see how people make this decision- As soon as i properly think about i begin to hyperventilate! They all have positive and negative points and im so worried about making the right choice. For example i really liked exeter and LOVED the biosciences building but im scared the unis will be too quiet and i'll be miserable. :afraid:
Reply 586
I got an offer from Huddersfield university and they are only asking for 240 points..does it mean I need GCSE Maths and English too? Or not? Since they didn't mention it in the letter?
Original post by justn1c2
Application sent: 17th November
Course : Biochemistry
Decision: Conditional
Grades: Distinction Distinction Distinction
Date offer: 1st December
Reaction: WOOOOO

WHAT UNIVERSITY?! :cool:
Reply 588
Original post by GloriaPenguin

Original post by GloriaPenguin
WHAT UNIVERSITY?! :cool:

oh sorry, Sussex :smile:
Reply 589
Original post by swallow
I thought this thread would have equal amounts of people with and withou an offer. But it looks like most of you are posting about offers...oh well time to even that out

Uni: Marjon
Course: Slt
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection
Reaction: Cried for about an hour, then thought why am I crying I've got 4 more to go

Uni: UEA
Reaction: Phoned my friend up and told her then cried on the phone then she said don't worry 3 unis havnt replied yet

Uni: Reading
Decision: Rejection
Reaction: Sighed. then logged on to TSR to post this mssage

Should try and get feedback from the unis as to why you were rejected.
Reply 590
Original post by blow-ice
I'm sorry, don't be disheartened though! Still two more, where else did you apply?

Manchester and queen Margaret but their entry requirements are higher then the ones I've got refused from so I'm not very optimistic :/
Reply 591
Original post by Dbrown18
Should try and get feedback from the unis as to why you were rejected.

I have two of them said the predicted grades of other applicants is higher then mine and one said no experience although I tried to get exp but they said I had to be 19 and I'm only 19 after the Ucas deadline has passed ?:confused:
Reply 592
Original post by swallow
I have two of them said the predicted grades of other applicants is higher then mine and one said no experience although I tried to get exp but they said I had to be 19 and I'm only 19 after the Ucas deadline has passed ?:confused:

If you dont mind me asking, what were your predicted grades and what were the entry requirements? Theyre suppose to give all applicants equal opportunity, but this doesnt sound fair if you being rejected based on others.
Reply 593
Original post by Dbrown18
If you dont mind me asking, what were your predicted grades and what were the entry requirements? Theyre suppose to give all applicants equal opportunity, but this doesnt sound fair if you being rejected based on others.

I'm predicted AAB the entry requirements range from BBB to AAB But another part of the problem is they like to see you have experience but I explained my problem about that earlier :confused:
Reply 594
Original post by swallow
I'm predicted AAB the entry requirements range from BBB to AAB But another part of the problem is they like to see you have experience but I explained my problem about that earlier :confused:

Well, this is very strange with those predicted grades. I put down absolutly no work experience on my application (but im applying to lesser uni's) and doesnt seem to have mattered so far. Dont feel disheartened by any means, you still have two to go.
Reply 595
Original post by swallow
I thought this thread would have equal amounts of people with and withou an offer. But it looks like most of you are posting about offers...oh well time to even that out

Reaction: Cried for about an hour, then thought why am I crying I've got 4 more to go

Reaction: Phoned my friend up and told her then cried on the phone then she said don't worry 3 unis havnt replied yet

Unlucky :frown: I had 3 rejection too, I applied to do Adult Nursing. I had 1 interview next week and I'm still waiting for 1 more to reply.
But just keep in mind; it only takes one! Only one to say yes! Keep your head up!
Original post by DorkFace
Application sent: 9th December 2012Uni: Leicester
Course: English BA
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: AAB inc A in English Lit
Date Offer Received: 9 January
Reaction: Shocked I got in due to grades required! Waiting impatiently for Lancaster - not hopeful

TIME TRAVEL IS REAL!!!!

You made my day.
Reply 597
Original post by swallow

what is slt???
Reply 598
Original post by gapyearstudent
what is slt???

Speech and language therapy? :s-smilie:
Reply 599
Its Speech and language therapy

Quick Reply