The Student Room Group

Financial ombudsman service

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theblackmonk90
HI everyone.

Good luck to those that have applied or are currently going through the application process!

I'm an adjudicator at the Financial Ombudsman Service so if you have any questions message me.

If you haven't applied yet but are considering it we can also do referrals, so let me know.

Someone wants their £1,000 :wink:
Reply 81
Hi, can someone tell me what competency questions they ask in the phone interview please?
Reply 82
[QUOTE=InnerTemple;56179771]Someone wants their £1,000 :wink:

So I've passed the telephone interview. I just want so advice on the face to face. Do they still do a presentation? Also what questions do they ask? Any help pls. Thanks .
Reply 83
Hi I wanted to find out what questions they ask for the face to face interview please
Hey I've just applied for a consumer consultant role and I have been offered a telephone interview on Monday ? Can anyone help on what sort of questions they ask , I'm panicking as I really want this job. Thanks in advance guys
Reply 85
Original post by Rebu
Hi I wanted to find out what questions they ask for the face to face interview please

Face to face

They ask 4 comp questions.
- planning & organisation
- customer service
-attention to detail and analysis
- building relationships at work
Use star in ur examples
They ask about the case study.
They ask what u understand of the role
Why you want to apply
They talk about you cv.

Good luck
Reply 86
Original post by AminaliLily
Hey I've just applied for a consumer consultant role and I have been offered a telephone interview on Monday ? Can anyone help on what sort of questions they ask , I'm panicking as I really want this job. Thanks in advance guys

Hi,
For that role, do you need to have any financial experience?
Hi,

I have applied for this role and have a telephone interview tomorrow. I have prepared a few basic things. Could anyone give me any advice on what else to expect or what questions may be asked?

Would really appreciate any sort of help or guidance.

Sangita
Hi,

I have applied for this role and have a telephone interview tomorrow. I have prepared a few basic things. Could anyone give me any advice on what else to expect or what questions may be asked?

Sangita

Original post by theblackmonk90
HI everyone.

Good luck to those that have applied or are currently going through the application process!

I'm an adjudicator at the Financial Ombudsman Service so if you have any questions message me.

If you haven't applied yet but are considering it we can also do referrals, so let me know.
Reply 89
If you look at earlier replies in this thread your questions shall be answered :smile:

Original post by SangitaChhabhadiya
Hi,

Sangita
Original post by swiftfox420
Hi,

I was offered the adjudicator role a few weeks ago and accepted. The whole ordeal was so prolonged! I can only advise a lot of pratice for the examples as the STAR technique for me at least does not come naturally

Hi

I passed the telephone interview and I have a case study in a phew days time. Will you be able to tell me about the case study and what to expect, how to approach it, what not to do, it would be of great help if this can be done....thanks...
So I've just found this role and I'm preparing to start the application. But I feel so down, as I KNOW I meet these requirements, and I know the job will be perfect for me, however I've been a graduate for a year now and every single role that I've thought was perfect for me (met the requirements, putting a lot of thought into the application etc.) I've been rejected from.

I can't be THAT bad at applications, I am employed in a retail environment and have been for 4 years part-time, and have been employed before.

I guess what I'm saying is, this job role has a sort of "Too Good To Be True" vibe now, as the countless rejections for jobs that I felt I was perfect for have genuinely sucked the soul out of me, and if anyone can help out with any pointers, specific things for their application to look out for/mention I would greatly appreciate it.
Any help, pointers and tips for the covering letter?
Reply 93
I would focus on how you like to be in a position to use your knowledge to help other people. You could also mention how they work with charities too.
Obviously you need to say how you meet their criteria, how you are able to handle workloads, go the extra mile to help people...
Have a good look at their values and aims and make sure you show how you share them.

Hope this helps?
Original post by Chemlewo
I would focus on how you like to be in a position to use your knowledge to help other people. You could also mention how they work with charities too.
Obviously you need to say how you meet their criteria, how you are able to handle workloads, go the extra mile to help people...
Have a good look at their values and aims and make sure you show how you share them.

Hope this helps?

Thanks. How long was yours? I tend to waffle a lot, and go into too much detail which I reckon is my problem
Reply 95
Original post by itsmyname
Thanks. How long was yours? I tend to waffle a lot, and go into too much detail which I reckon is my problem

Less than a page. It is difficult, but it shouldn't need to be any longer than that.
Hi guys,

Im just wondering how long after you did the case study, did you find out your result? Could you also tell me how long you had to prepare for your face to face interview?
Did you find out if you had got every question "right" on the case study?
Thanks in advance
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mockingbird44
Hi guys,

Im just wondering how long after you did the case study, did you find out your result? Could you also tell me how long you had to prepare for your face to face interview?
Did you find out if you had got every question "right" on the case study?
Thanks in advance

Hiyaa do you any tips on the case study please? just got mine and have no idea what to expect.
Original post by GingerAdsz
Hiyaa do you any tips on the case study please? just got mine and have no idea what to expect.

Hi, just try and focus on the important details in the questions that they ask. Manage your time and go over your answers, in particular any calculations you might have to make. You cant prepare for it really as the answers are all within the documents provided. You just need to find them.

Good luck!
Reply 99
i want to submit my cv but need an example please for comparison

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending