The Student Room Group

Just had a Frenuloplasty, few questions for anyone who has had one

Ive been looking for information on the subject on google, and this particular forum happens to be the most popular place to talk about it, as odd as that might seem...

Anyway, just had my frenuloplasty done by the NHS yesterday under local anaesthetic. The surgeon used stitches to close it all up.

He told me that I need to pull the foreskin back twice a day to make sure it doesnt get stuck together. My questions is how far do I need to pull the foreskin back exactly? Im worried if I pull it too far back I might cause some damage or incur some bleeding.

I was also given some gauze for the wound. I have no idea how to use it or what im supposed to do with it, can anyone explain what I should do with it?

Thanks for reading.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been looking for information on the subject on google, and this particular forum happens to be the most popular place to talk about it, as odd as that might seem...

Anyway, just had my frenuloplasty done by the NHS yesterday under local anaesthetic. The surgeon used stitches to close it all up.

He told me that I need to pull the foreskin back twice a day to make sure it doesnt get stuck together. My questions is how far do I need to pull the foreskin back exactly? Im worried if I pull it too far back I might cause some damage or incur some bleeding.

I was also given some gauze for the wound. I have no idea how to use it or what im supposed to do with it, can anyone explain what I should do with it?

Thanks for reading.

This thread's fallen back in the queue now, but hopefully you'll see this.

Had mine done in 2009. Pull the foreskin back slowly, carefully and gently until you reach the point where it's particularly uncomfortable, if you do get uncomfortable at all. Gently guide it back again. When I had mine done, I did all this in a warm bath with no bubble bath or soap (to avoid irritation to the wound. I washed myself with the shower beforehand of course). Doing it in the bath was very comfortable and soothing but you shouldn't bathe the wound immediately after surgery, if I remember correctly. Give it a little time before you stick it in water. Try to pull it a bit further each day until you can comfortably pull it almost right back, but don't stretch it too much and aggravate the newly extended frenulum - I presume you're already aware of how painful a hard-on can be.

You should not cause any damage or tearing as long as you are slow and careful, even if you manage to get the foreskin quite far back. If you cause a bit of bleeding, don't panic, it'll be fine, just abandon the stretching for the time being and blot or rinse away the blood.

My frenuloplasty was different to yours to be honest - I was under general anaesthetic, had the wound sealed with sugical glue and had the gauze pre-applied - so I'm not 100% sure what you're to do with that gauze. If you've been given a supply I presume you should apply it to the wound for when you're out and about to prevent further discomfort. See your surgeon or GP on that one.

If you need any further advice, drop me a PM.

Quick Reply

Latest