The Student Room Group

The thigh tap

Does it usually mean anything? I'm talking about when you lay your hand on someone's thigh, or give a tap.

Like for example this work colleague showed me how to do something on the computer and when i had done it she said "good!", tapped me on the middle of my thigh and went back to her working space.

Does things like this mean anything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
Reply 2
Original post by apostrophe87
Does it usually mean anything? I'm talking about when you lay your hand on someone's thigh, or give a tap.

Like for example this work colleague showed me how to do something on the computer and when i had done it she said "good!", tapped me on the middle of my thigh and went back to her working space.

Does things like this mean anything?

She wants you. :cool:
Reply 3
Haha... a tap on the thigh is a simple gesture of "Well Done, I knew you had it in you" like a tap on the shoulder.
Reply 4
Original post by hoodboilu4
Haha... a tap on the thigh is a simple gesture of "Well Done, I knew you had it in you" like a tap on the shoulder.

Or a tap on the penis. Go for it OP! :biggrin:
Only if you want it to.
Reply 6
:holmes:

(edited 12 years ago)
In some cultures this would make you married. Congratulations :smile:
Reply 8
Tap her on the thigh in a similar manner for a similar reason sometime and if she responds by escalating the touching (inner thigh rub, perhaps), then yes, she did have impure intentions the first time.
Reply 9
I hate it when people who I don't really know well do this to me. It's either really patronising or really annoying if they're trying to get your attention! Some of my family do it all the time grrr.
Reply 10
Original post by S_123
I hate it when people who I don't really know well do this to me. It's either really patronising or really annoying if they're trying to get your attention! Some of my family do it all the time grrr.

Maybe they're trying to get to know you past your frigid exterior? XD
Reply 11
Original post by Hopple

She can be frigid if she wants to. No has to accept advances (not necessarily sexual) just because they are made.
Reply 12
If it's a girl a pat on the fanny is usually more appropriate :dontknow:
Reply 13
Original post by Hopple

What? I don't understand how any frigidity is displayed because I don't like it when people I don't know well tap my thigh to get my attention?
Reply 14
Original post by RexyB
She can be frigid if she wants to. No has to accept advances (not necessarily sexual) just because they are made.

Original post by S_123
What? I don't understand how any frigidity is displayed because I don't like it when people I don't know well tap my thigh to get my attention?

I highlighted that she/you mentioned she/you hated her/your family touching her/you, and that she/you didn't really know her/your family. It would make sense for a family who feel they are seen as a bit distant to try some light physical contact in order to bond, no? :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by Hopple
I highlighted that she/you mentioned she/you hated her/your family touching her/you, and that she/you didn't really know her/your family. It would make sense for a family who feel they are seen as a bit distant to try some light physical contact in order to bond, no? :tongue:

I'm even more confused...
(I didn't neg btw)
Reply 16
If a female did something like that to me I would class it as sexual assault.
Reply 17
Original post by Hopple
Tap her on the thigh in a similar manner for a similar reason sometime and if she responds by escalating the touching (inner thigh rub, perhaps), then yes, she did have impure intentions the first time.

But remember, she's more likely to slap you.
Reply 18
Original post by JohnJoe
But remember, she's more likely to slap you.

What, for reciprocating a congratulatory tap in the same place she gave one? What kind of violent trickster women do you work with?
Reply 19
wait a minute
nobody's even asked whether she's attractive
she might just be a troll

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending