The Student Room Group

I'm a girl, what hobbies can I take up ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
sky diving
Reply 61
There's loads you can do;

Walking
Cycling
Running
Geocaching
Rock climbing
Swimming
Knitting - If you do this enough you can turn it into a business and sell what you make.
Sewing - buy some plain T shirts, bags ect. and customise them.
Baking
Art
Writing
Reading
Volunteering - I volunteer at a local Riding for the Disabled centre which is very fun.
Music - Learn an instrument
Gaming
Ice Skating
Skating/BMX biking
Film - Both watching them and if any of your friends own a good camera it might be fun to try making your own.
Dance

Most of these won't cost you much, why not try a few and see which you like best?
I hear kick boxing is really fun, have you tried zumba? I recommend something creative too like crafts; making cards, designing and making clothes/cushions/accessories, paper crafts/origami etc, or perhaps volunteering (really fun and you get to meet loads of new people/help out with something your passionate about). Personally I'm determined to learn guitar and some Italian this year :biggrin:
Just be yourself, hobbies are for people that do not have a full life, if you do have a full life why have a hobby?
Reply 64
Knitting, learning a new language, reading, writing, drawing, making music, making videos, photography, cooking, baking... plenty of things.
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Seems an amazing concept. Have you participated yourself?

Yep! And so far I've received postcards from Taiwan, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany, China, Italy and Finland. My personal favourite was the Moomins postcard from Finland :smile: I've only been a member for a month but it's amazing :biggrin:
Reply 66
Original post by PinkMocassin
Hi,

I've slowly come to the realisation that I do not have any hobbies at all,
I have never played or sport or anything like that either. my life pretty much revolves around, university work, going on nights out, boys, my friends, reality tv, clothes and makeup and my blackberry I wish I could say that wasn't it, but it really is. I am intelligent person (got 4 A's in my A-levels) so it's not like I'm dumb.

I have realised the reason why I am easily 'bored' or 'annoyed' and always have 'boy trouble' is because I don't have much else going for me or that I worry about other than the things mentioned above, my life is very shallow, very.

I was speaking to my mum about this and she has also noticed that my life resolves around these things, she said I need to find a 'passion' or 'hobby' or project to involve myself in or possibly volunteer somewhere so I can see more things in life and stop living this boring existance.

What would you recommend ?

There are many hobbies that are particularly suited to women

Volunteer at a daycare. This will help you when you have a large brood of children that you will undoubtedly have as a committed housewife one day.

Lean to play netball, softball, and other female sports
Original post by *Boofle*
Yep! And so far I've received postcards from Taiwan, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany, China, Italy and Finland. My personal favourite was the Moomins postcard from Finland :smile: I've only been a member for a month but it's amazing :biggrin:

I got a moomins card from Finland purely because my friend was studying there :biggrin:. Could you ever see yourself using that idea in the classroom?
Reply 68
make me a sammich?
Reply 69
Original post by PinkMocassin
Hi,

I've slowly come to the realisation that I do not have any hobbies at all,
I have never played or sport or anything like that either. my life pretty much revolves around, university work, going on nights out, boys, my friends, reality tv, clothes and makeup and my blackberry I wish I could say that wasn't it, but it really is. I am intelligent person (got 4 A's in my A-levels) so it's not like I'm dumb.

I have realised the reason why I am easily 'bored' or 'annoyed' and always have 'boy trouble' is because I don't have much else going for me or that I worry about other than the things mentioned above, my life is very shallow, very.

I was speaking to my mum about this and she has also noticed that my life resolves around these things, she said I need to find a 'passion' or 'hobby' or project to involve myself in or possibly volunteer somewhere so I can see more things in life and stop living this boring existance.

What would you recommend ?

Musical instrument? Hill walking/rock climbing? Basketball? Writing? Going to the gym? Reading/reviewing?

There's endless possibilities. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to, but personally I find that life is more fulfilling when you find what you enjoy and do it for fun, not out of a duty to 'find something you're good at and excel at it'. When you do find what you like and enjoy it, you'll begin to become good at it anyway.
Reply 70
Take up a language? Interesting, gives you an insight into another culture, an excuse to go abroad, and usually widens your potential social circle by millions :smile:
If you're at uni, there are so many different things you could be doing!

Sports (ROWING!), drama, choir, student journalism, debating....or something associated with whatever you want to do after you leave uni would be a good idea! Or there are loads of really worthwhile charitable things to get involved with. Look around for local things at uni, you'll find something!
Reply 72
There are no hobbies limited to you just because you're a girl, do anything that seems remotely interesting to you. In the end you don't want to be doing something ****ty because someone else suggested it.
Reply 73
Original post by 94george94
Knitting. Cooking. Cleaning.

Can't go wrong with those.

This can't be emphasised enough. Also, when you've mastered all these, pick up hovering.
Reply 74
Suggest you look into something you genuinely enjoy instead of being influenced by others.

Apart from that; the stereotypical cooking-sewing-knitting-baking quartet won't go amiss lol
Original post by 419
This can't be emphasised enough. Also, when you've mastered all these, pick up hovering.

Can you teach me how to do that? :tongue:
Reply 76
Original post by whatsername2009
Can you teach me how to do that? :tongue:

Time and place, name it.:perv:
Reply 77
How about some sports, water ski seems fun to me!

Or watch DVDs, lurk TSR all day.. learn to play the flute?
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I got a moomins card from Finland purely because my friend was studying there :biggrin:. Could you ever see yourself using that idea in the classroom?

Definitely, there's the option to register as a group and I have in fact seen a few primary classes from other countries on there. Would be a good exercise for the children to learn about other cultures. A different child could write a postcard every week :biggrin:
online poker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending