The Student Room Group

Have you ever been Mugged/ Attacked in the street?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Niassuh
Brazilian Jujitsu?
Seems very unlikely, BJJ is kinda usless against multiple opponents...or you mean Japanese Jujitsu?

Japanese Jujitsu is equally as useless against multiple opponents.
Original post by Nick1sHere
Quite a while ago these two were walking towards me so I crossed the road, I knew I was in for it as soon as they crossed as well

There were two of them, they were bigger and taller so I didnt even bother trying to get away. They caught up with me and said "alright just give us you're stuff and we'll let you go". Luckily I had the ****test phone known to man so I gladly offered it and thanked him as I needed an excuse to get a new one

Needless to say they took one look at it and told me to keep it, that it was worth nothing. As I started to walk off they shouted to me warning me that there was a group of 5-6 guys down the road and to be careful

It was kinda confusing, the guys trying to take my stuff warning me... Best part about this situation? I've got a hidden inside pocket on my jacket, it had my wallet with about £50 and my iPod touch in it. They didn't even realise :thumbsup:

You're must be quite a small bloke to give in without a fight
Original post by joey11223
Oh god that reminds me of a really amusing "mugging" which happened to my friend in town. It was getting dark and these two lads approached him, same situation as you they asked what he had, obviously he knew he was going to get mugged. He had this crap old Nokia, because we always used to say how ancient it was. So he shows it them and one goes "nah man that's a **** phone, that's sad man. You want one to buy one of these?" and shows him about five phones he's obviously mugged from other people! :eek:

lool thieves are shameless
yeah i always keep that phone with me even though its got no charge
I was thirteen and sitting on the bus and this guy takes my cookies from the little box on my lap as he gets off the bus. It happened so fast I didn't know what to do or say, then the guy put the cookies through the window next to me to give it back. What was bloody point!
Reply 64
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse

Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
Japanese Jujitsu is equally as useless against multiple opponents.

Any martial art could be useless against multiple opponents, but at least Japanese Jujitsu (WJJF) teaches how to deal with them; plus throws and locks are a good way to scare people off.
My brother got mugged. Two guys approached him with a knife in DAYLIGHT in a busy area and asked for his phone. He didn't have one...so they took his can of pepsi and walked off. O.o
Original post by SmallSoldiers
You're must be quite a small bloke to give in without a fight

I'm 6'1 and 180lb... I'm not huge but I'm not a weakling. Im physically fit so I could have ran if the worst happened but 9.5 times out of 10 I can bull**** my way out of anything
Reply 67
Original post by SmallSoldiers
I'm 6'2 and 220 lbs of muscle. No one in their right mind would dare attack me.

Unfortunately 90% of it appears to be dangling from your forehead.
Reply 68
Original post by chronic_fatigue
I was thirteen and sitting on the bus and this guy takes my cookies from the little box on my lap as he gets off the bus. It happened so fast I didn't know what to do or say, then the guy put the cookies through the window next to me to give it back. What was bloody point!

Clearly Neil Strauss has a lot to answer for.
When I was about 3, my dad was hijacked. But it was when we lived in South Africa...
Reply 70
No, but this thread reminds me of

Reply 71
Original post by eagleowl
I stepped in to defend a male friend from 9 or 10 guys who decided to beat the sh*t out of him. He was fine.
I had to have 12 stitches in my face.
Turns out guys do hit girls.

Don't see why this deserves a neg.
I didn't get beaten up on purpose.

TSR is strange
4 times.... 2 of it in London, once in Banbury and once in Aberystwyth, Wales.

1st : Was walking my St Bernard at 3am or so.... had just returned from work then. 1 girl and 1 bloke both in their 20s I reckon and both White & English tried to pin me against a wall and had a syringe... they wanted my wallet, mobilephone and watch. Funny how I got away from this one, my St Bernard started putting his paws on the girl's body licked her and started humping her leg. I caught the bloke's hand with the syringe and kneed him in his nuts, made a quick run for home while pulling the dog along.

2nd : Also the same area of London, Richmond.... thinking the 1st incident was an isolated incident did the same thing walked the dog at 2am and encountered 3 blokes,1 asked if he could bum a cigarette... told him I didn't have one... 1 of his mates pulled out a kebab knife and demanded for the mobilephone and wallet. Recognized 1 of the blokes as the guy who was the son of one old lady at the end of the block. I reported the incident to the police... all 3 of them are still in jail till today for other offences. All 3 are white :tongue:

3rd : This one, I was at a certain 24hour supermarket in Banbury... heh was buying condoms and bottles of Coke :tongue: it was in the wee hours of the morning... 2 blokes, 1 white and 1 black. The black had a 3" knife and came up to me just as I was approaching the car, they wanted the mobilephone, wallet, pincode for the ATM cards. I then told them how bout I make them a deal they give me back my Driver's License and I give them a laptop. They must have thought it was their lucky day.... I went to the boot of the car where there was a laptop...... I told that black guy to get my license out and we will make a deal.... he was more interested in looking through all the credit cards and cash. I grabbed the 4 Iron golf club that was in the boot gave a hard swing of it on the hand that was holding the knife sending the knife flying to the ground and gave him another one straight to his front teeth knocking out most of them. That white tried to grab the knife and I gave one hard one across his back, it knocked him out cold, I grabbed my wallet and mobile.... and then only the security guard from the supermarket comes to take a look at what was happening.

4th : This one was the usual scene in a club, girl goes on a date with a guy but ditches her date because she found me and after her slapping and pinching my bum several times, she started grinding me in full view of the guy she was on a date with. She was one insistent one that won't take no for an answer, despite me telling her I am anti-Welsh and didn't like sheep shaggers... she thought I was funny. I told her I'll catch up with her after hours and that's where trouble starts when it was closing time.

I decided to follow a bunch of overseas students out of the club and the bloke she was with started coming after me and grabbed my collar. The guy in question was a welsh around 6' or so and obviously was quite the fighter. He claimed I was flirting with his gf and he wanted to rip me apart...LOL I told him if wanted a punch out do it like a man... all the swear words came out of him and he was quite ready to fight when that girl came out .... and asked why I was leaving without her LOL. I told her that her boyfriend here is rather upset at her flirty ways.... thought I would get my chance to get involved in a fight, but that girl pulled me away and whoops :tongue:
Reply 73
This thread is appalling :|
I'd say I can't believe so many people have been mugged...but I can -__-

Thankfully it's never happened to me, and I hope it never does.
Reply 74
thank god, it never happened to me,
but last summer, some girl got stabbed several times and mugged on my street, a couple of doors away..it can happen to anyone, take precautions all the time..
Original post by Profesh
Unfortunately 90% of it appears to be dangling from your forehead.

:s are you calling me a meathead or something?
Reply 76
Ive never been mugged :smile:
Original post by Nick1sHere
I'm 6'1 and 180lb... I'm not huge but I'm not a weakling. Im physically fit so I could have ran if the worst happened but 9.5 times out of 10 I can bull**** my way out of anything

I used to be your height and weight once dude. Then I discovered the gym, and 18 months later I now posess an intimidating physique, that enables me to pass through the numerous ranks of scum and villany on our streets unscathed.

You can do it too bro.
Reply 78
I was hit in HMV once by another youth for unconsciously looking in their direction. I didn't press charges. That wouldn't have helped me or them. I don't think my school blazer helped somehow. The only time I've been truly slugged by someone.
Reply 79
Original post by davidcy147
I was walking home from uni and someone pulled my earphones from my ears and casually just walked away and plugged them into his iPhone.

You could tell he'd done this before...*sigh*

Wow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending