The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

please wait - letter from edinburgh

i just got this letter.....................................

MA (Honours) in International Relations L250

I write to confirm receipt of your UCAS application for the above programme at the University of Edinburgh.

I am delighted you have chosen to apply to us and I am writing to provide you with more information about our selection procedures. You may already be aware that some of the programmes at the University receive many more applications than we have places available, which means competition for places can be high.

In order to treat all applications received by the 15 January (15 October for Medicine and Veterinary Medicine) UCAS deadline for Home/EU students equally, our selection procedure means that in some cases we may have to hold applications until we receive all those submitted by the deadline. It is only when we have received and assessed every application that we will be in a position to make final decisions regarding the number of offers to be made. This may mean that for those programmes where competition for places is high, final decisions will not be made on applications until mid-late March.

I understand that you will be eager for a decision on your application. However I hope the above information helps to explain why, in some cases, it may take us some time to inform you of our decision. I also hope you are reassured that your application is being treated fairly and is being given the full consideration it deserves.

:p: :rolleyes: :redface: - ah well!!!
Reply 1
you got a letter?? i got an email!!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Edinburgh told me that they NEVER send out letters because of the amount of applicants, unless you are offered a place. That "letter" is the exact same as an e-mail, so my guess is that it is an e-mail.
Reply 3
Maybe he got a letter as he didn't give an email? Or didn't tick the 'recieve information by email' box... then they'd have no option but to use the postal service.
Reply 4
no i meant an email ! lol (i am girl btw) :redface: :p: :biggrin:
Reply 5
I got the above letter from Edinburgh, just two days after I sent my application off to UCAS. I was quite impressed they replied so quickly, particularly as it was Christmas week.
Reply 6
Yea i got that email... about time as well..
Reply 7
I got that email too!had a warwick interview on friday and one of the little 'i have a pony and a manor' people said to me 'yar yar, i wouldve applied edinburgh but i mean *exhales smoke* i been told this year they had more applicants then EVER for english and last year it was something like 25/30 applicants a place....its just shambolic isnt it'. I wanted to die....one more wasted option....
Reply 8
I got that letter but not email. I also have checked track and have been accepted for one course, but they havent sent me any confirmation of that yet, no email or letter.
i got the email too. did anyone apply for medical biology, i cant remember the entry requirements?!
Dirty Boy, it says here in the prospectus you need BBB normally.

Latest

Trending

Trending