The Student Room Group

Do guys like girly, feminine women or independent women?

A)Girly, feminine women: I mean girls who like dressing up, cute, sweet, girl-in-the-movie types, you know that they could do with some male help? E.g. Nicole Richie, Rachel Bilson etc.

B)Independent women:Girls who have attitude, have a do-not-need-a-man thinking, her-way-or-no-way meaning you have to do all the work and chase, incredibly empowered women? E.g. Christina Aguilera, Kim Kardashian etc.

Some say A) can be a handful and consumed but there's no chase involved. Some say B) make guys feel useless and not needed, but there's the chase involved.

What do you prefer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
-

I'd have thought it would be the other way round.. Less chasing involved in independent women because they're not the game-playing/needy type :lolwut: Also, independent doesn't mean you're not willing to compromise..
Reply 2
So independent women are not feminine women? :s
Christina Aguilera and Kim whateverhernameis are not exactly the best examples of empowered women, but I understand your point and question. I'd have gone for the President and CEO of PepsiCo or something like that.

I don't see why they are mutually exclusive concepts. I like independent feminine women.
Reply 4
A)Girly, feminine women: I mean girls who like dressing up, cute, sweet, girl-in-the-movie types, you know that they could do with some male help? E.g. Nicole Richie, Rachel Bilson etc.

B)Independent women:Girls who have attitude, have a do-not-need-a-man thinking, her-way-or-no-way meaning you have to do all the work and chase, incredibly empowered women? E.g. Christina Aguilera, Kim Kardashian etc.

Some say A) can be a handful and consumed but there's no chase involved. Some say B) make guys feel useless and not needed, but there's the chase involved.

What do you prefer?

lol that is just so sexist, i'm not even going to...whatever. *sigh* men!
Reply 5
if your independent you cant be feminine? why not both. i know i wouldnt want a manly independent women
Reply 6
Somehting in between.

A girly girl kinda immature and kinky but not very serious person and not one that always needs a man or obsessed with having a man etc..etc..
Both. You can be sexy and feminine whilst also controlling your own life.

Also, Kim Kardashian's an independent woman is she? I thought she just inherited a lot of money, f***ed an RNB singer with a massive dick and now has her life documented along with her other spoilt family members.
an independent woman can still be feminine
Reply 9
Original post by MrHappy_J
So independent women are not feminine women? :s

Original post by poolopis01
Christina Aguilera and Kim whateverhernameis are not exactly the best examples of empowered women, but I understand your point and question. I'd have gone for the President and CEO of PepsiCo or something like that.

I don't see why they are mutually exclusive concepts. I like independent feminine women.

Original post by boi
if your independent you cant be feminine? why not both. i know i wouldnt want a manly independent women

I am asking because independence can only be sought when emotionless and rather cold-hearted, otherwise relationship problems wouldn't arise or the i-don't-need-a-man attitude wouldn't enter. The divorce rate is over 50% and this isn't helped by the feminist movement I'm sure. The woman may look feminine on the outside, but inside to have independence could not care less about her male counterpart. A feminine woman should play her role and have caring properties as nature intended, no?
I am asking because independence can only be sought when emotionless and rather cold-hearted, otherwise relationship problems wouldn't arise or the i-don't-need-a-man attitude wouldn't enter. The divorce rate is over 50% and this isn't helped by the feminist movement I'm sure. The woman may look feminine on the outside, but inside to have independence could not care less about her male counterpart. A feminine woman should play her role and have caring properties as nature intended, no?

whatever you say bro.

*starts angry feminist rant*.

sentence in bold made me lol. would you say the same thing about a man who sought independence? probably not.
Reply 11
You can be both but if I had to pick one then it would be the first one. :ninja:
whatever you say bro.

*starts angry feminist rant*.

sentence in bold made me lol. would you say the same thing about a man who sought independence? probably not.

To be fair, men are considered relatively emotionless and cold hearted whatever we try. We just deal with it.

But the assumptions made by the OP kind of invalidate the question.
Reply 13

Wow. And now we see why you asked and phrased it as you did.. :rolleyes:

Why are you connecting independence with cold-heartedness and a lack of emotions? That makes no sense at all. "I don't need a man" does not mean that you would not appreciate the company of a partner in your life. It simply means that finding a partner is not your life goal. That does not mean that you will not love, adore and cherish your partner when you find one that fulfils you.

Yes, damn that feminist movement. Without it, women would be in their proper place! Stuck without the ability to divorce an abusive man, or a cheat, or a liar! Chained to the kitchen and only let out to "service" his needs in the bedroom or to pop out another sprog when he wants it. Perfect.
To be fair, men are considered relatively emotionless and cold hearted whatever we try. We just deal with it.

Are we now?
Last time I checked not all men are the same and neither are all women.

Not being an a$$, but this whole thread is based on presumptions, and stereotypes.

Now being general, guys in the majority, will tend to go for girls, who are feminine.
It's as simple as nature.

you have a fairly pessimistic view of your own sex.

independence should be seen as a positive thing for both genders really, so long as we learn to coexist- be independent but still form meaningful personal relationships. i dont see why that's a bad thing.

i'm feminist and proud. let the red gems come what they may.
Reply 16
you have a fairly pessimistic view of your own sex.

independence should be seen as a positive thing for both genders really, so long as we learn to coexist- be independent but still form meaningful personal relationships. i dont see why that's a bad thing.

i'm feminist and proud. let the red gems come what they may.

High 5! :biggrin:
Reply 17

I understand that males are biologically hardwired and with environmental upbringing factors would generally be emotionless and cold-hearted.

How do the assumptions invalidate the question?
Original post by alawhisp
Wow. And now we see why you asked and phrased it as you did.. :rolleyes:

Why are you connecting independence with cold-heartedness and a lack of emotions? That makes no sense at all. "I don't need a man" does not mean that you would not appreciate the company of a partner in your life. It simply means that finding a partner is not your life goal. That does not mean that you will not love, adore and cherish your partner when you find one that fulfils you.

Yes, damn that feminist movement. Without it, women would be in their proper place! Stuck without the ability to divorce an abusive man, or a cheat, or a liar! Chained to the kitchen and only let out to "service" his needs in the bedroom or to pop out another sprog when he wants it. Perfect.

Amen.
Original post by WalkerPassingby

Last time I checked not all men are the same and neither are all women.

REALLY? :eek: I had no idea and was totally asserting, without exception, the exact opposite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending