The Student Room Group

19 and never had a job, I know how pathetic I am in this sense, anyone else like me?

I know there'll probably no one else, just thought I'd check

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by miss_sexy
I know there'll probably no one else, just thought I'd check

There's heaps of people like you. The good news for you is that if miss_sexy is an accurate description, you won't have to get one.
I got my first job at 19
Reply 3
This is a student forum. Most people on here don't get their first job until they're 21+! :tongue:
Reply 4
I'm 20 and I've never been employed.
Reply 5
I will turn 19 a week tomorrow and I've only had my first job (other than as a self employed guitar teacher) for about a month and a half.
Reply 6
I'm 18 and never had a paid job. It's a bad economic climate and to be honest I've never really had motivation to get one until very recently. :dontknow: I'm sure there are plenty of people like us :colonhash:

sigh, I sent out 10 applications last week - not even a phonecall to tell me I'd been unsuccessful :emo:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm eighteen and haven't had a job, primarily because I don't really need the money and I'm concentrating on my studies.

I'd gladly do work experience even on an unpaid basis if it was relevant to my career plans, though. I'm going to be applying for it soon.
Reply 8
I am 19 and I don`t plan on having a job at least untill I am 21 (self-employment FTW) and I will get one then only to be able to put it on my CV and only if it will be related to my field
Reply 9
I'm 27 and I've never had a job. I win.
Nothing but a paper round so far... but it really broadened my mind.:wink:
19? If you were 29 there'd be a problem - but at 19 you're fine.
You're asking a forum crawling with spoiled, self-entitled students if you're alone in not having a job at age 19?

No....you're not alone.
(edited 12 years ago)
My boyfriend got his first job at 22! Really hard to believe as his mother isn't the sort to have let him not work during A Levels (yet that was the case) and he never worked through uni either.
Original post by DisconcertingWink1
Are none of you required to pay rent? :lolwut:

Or pay for anything at all themselves, apparently.
Reply 15
I'm 21 recently graduated and about to start my 5th job.

Best to get work experience from as early as possible.
Reply 16
Never had a proper job.
But I have worked with my dad and in return I have gotten minimum wage for the hours I worked, unofficially of course.
I also buy and sell iPhones and repair and sell them so make some money with that not proper jobs but at least it's some sort of income coming in.
Reply 17
I got a job as soon as I was 16. Parents were pretty clear I had to get a job. It meant I could pay for my driving lessons etc. But I know a lot of people who are 19+ without jobs. I guess it depends on your circumstances.
Reply 18
Original post by KimKallstrom
Or pay for anything at all themselves, apparently.

Well if you're attending uni, there's that thing called a 'student loan'.
Is this proper jobs or part time because if it's any

I have

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending