The Student Room Group

19 and never had a job, I know how pathetic I am in this sense, anyone else like me?

Scroll to see replies

its all about networking....
go and meet people, talk to people, dont be afraid to ask
Reply 101
Original post by Dalek1099
My brother's 21 and hasn't had a job yet and has applied for his first job recently.There isn't really a need to get a job until you've got your degree.Pritty much School,college,university,job but my brother has decided to apply for this one job and it's for personal gain not necessity.

Well, it puts you at a disadvantage when applying for graduate jobs/schemes if you haven't had any work experience as employers will most likely be dealing with more applicants than there are jobs/places since everyone applying will have a degree. Applicant with degree and experience > Applicant with no work experience and only a degree.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Threxy

Original post by Threxy
Well, it puts you at a disadvantage when applying for graduate jobs/schemes if you haven't had any work experience as employers will most likely be dealing with more applicants than there are jobs/places since everyone applying will have a degree. Applicant with degree and experience > Applicant with no work experience and only a degree.

you do get work experience in Y10.
I've never has a job either or work experience and I'm 18. Most shops require work experience when you apply for a job now... Hopefully I'll get one during in uni next year or the one after.
I'm 18 and the only job I've got is a typical holiday job in the summer vacation.
A job based on cutting grass, washing toilets (uuuhm, yeah...) and do dishes..
not so funny, but I got some money.

it's not easy to get a job here if you haven't so much experience,
so i'm going to exploit that i've study radio and sound productions
and ask for a job at some radio station nearby.

i just want some money, not a job.. not now. guess that's the problem hahah :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending