The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jendra9311
or you use the same teaspoon purely for tea since september without washing it and the metal turns the colour of tea... just me?

Haha YES! Doesn't help that there always seems to be an acute shortage of spoons in our flat :tongue:
Reply 381
Original post by Hravan
When you've been procrastinating on the internet all day instead of doing the two essays that are due in tomorrow. And then you come on TSR and post about it.

I need motivation....

I'm not even in uni and doing that, should I be worried? :eek:
Making endless cups of tea / snacks just because you're bored / stuck on your essay / avoiding the essay.

Also suddenly deciding that your laundry is REALLY interesting when you have 3 essays due the next day.

But the main one is that you can live like a tramp, and it's the only time it's socially acceptable and your parents will brag about it :biggrin:
Reply 383
Waking up and drinking alcohol as soon as you get up like it's perfectly normal.
Reply 384
Once a week you look up the health benefits/risks of coffee in order to make sure your within the safe limit.

Not caring about the limit once that essay comes up

You are doing the essay before wondering about the health benefits of coffee....
Original post by ForgettingWhatsername
You use the same tea cup for over a week without washing it - it's only tea, right?

Ditto squash mugs.

Also, making squash in mugs, because somehow it feels better to reuse them without washing.
When you are watching videos of moroccan dialect on youtube and you have an exam the next day and you've read exactly 16 words.
Original post by Emma Ramone
where do i start?!

- when you find living organisms growing in a mug of old leftover cider that wasn't your cup anyway so you leave it outside your door and someone else deals with it

- when your leftover cup of coffee grows mould

- when you get so hungry you put 2 of the same microwave meals 1 in each microwave at same time and eat them both

-when you start a pile of stuff outside your room door and cant even open your door fully coz your room is totally covered in rubbish, with the mattress on the floor from guests, that you now just sleep on anyway, and when the cleaners know you coz youre room is a hazard and keep telling you off

- when the cleaners walk in on you and a guy in bed naked. most days.

- when you go to the cafe at 9am in your skimpy nightdress thing and no shoes or socks or anything to avoid the cleaners

- when you've weed in your sink..and someone elses...and indirectly in someones kitchen and got a reputation for it

- when youve aquired lots of items of other peoples clothing that you cant give back because its awkward beteween you now

- when you get people knocking on your door to turn your music down

- when your main entrance and exit is through your window

- when you cant remember the last time you ate something healthy

-when you get up at 4am most nights and raid the fridge of other peoples beverages

- when you only bought milk in the 1st week, and never since, so buy all your hot drinks or steal other peoples milk when theyre not in the kitchen

- when you pretend to have a shower just so you can have a poo without people hearing it

- when the accomm office wont lend you anymore spare keys coz youve lost them all, and you havent paid the fines and theyre just building up

- when you just cannot manage to go to every lecture in any 1 day

- when you steal food and drink from the uni cafes just coz u can

- when you sit for an hour in the wrong lecture coz you got the wrong room

sorry, i'm gonna stop there but there's just so many!

This is from your personal experience? Wow. Props for that, lady.
Reply 388
When you hear music daily (including your own) which would probably make anyone over 29 years old throw a brick at someone.
When you think 18p pasta sauce from Lidl is an amazing find. (which it is =p)
Original post by Singularity
When you think 18p pasta sauce from Lidl is an amazing find. (which it is =p)

I need this in my life.
Original post by KlaireDelilah
I need this in my life.

It was reduced from 25p! And is actually not that bad xD
...the three major food groups are pasta, alcohol and freebies.
Reply 393
you have grown a deep hatred for noodles :frown:
you have a stack of books and educational resources in your room that is as tall as the average ten year old
You start ignoring "use by" dates (instead of just "best before" which is what I used to do)
You spent about £50 on textbooks at the start of the year - and have not used them once.
Reply 397
You live on 40p/kg rice and 22p packs of Wholewheat penne pasta.
saturday mornings usually involve waking up in a hallway spooning your best friend.
Original post by kuroshokora
This is from your personal experience? Wow. Props for that, lady.

Whats 'props' mean?
And yes, it is. freshers week. The kitchen bit was that i got wee on my hotpants so wrung them out in someone elses flats kitchen, and then they proper had a go at me and i had to apologise in front of people the next day and it was really awkward....personally, i still don't see what the big deal was..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending