The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
When you don't even acknowledge assignments that are due in 3 weeks, until the 3rd week.
Original post by chrislpp
When you get ripped off for 4 years and for the most part, get given a useless piece of paper with the signature of someone on it that earns well over 100 grand a year for doing absolutely nothing.

Bus money. £100k is a 'low' salary for people in those roles apparently :colonhash:

Some can earn as much as £350k while your already half-starving lecturer gets laid off and his department closes down. Funny old world we live in :flute:. I do wonder if lecturers are often stick thin and cheaply dressed because they're dirt poor, not because of academic eccentricity.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 782
Original post by k3ro
when the bin will overflow, spread across the entire floor and possibly end up in the corridor before eventually being taken out

lmao i've seen this first-hand in my halls. absolutely horrific
Reply 783
When you feel a great sense of achievement at writing three sentences for that essay due in tomorrow, so to reward yourself you take a 2-hour internet break.
Reply 784
Original post by Karma Charger
When you stay awake all night in a desperate attempt to fix your sleeping pattern...

This is me, now tbh
Reply 785
Original post by Mo-Amin
This is me, now tbh

me too :frown: my sleeping pattern's messed up big time
Reply 786
you use your laptop charger to warm up because you dont have a hot water bottle and its too expensive to have the heating on all night!
Original post by ch0llima
Bus money. £100k is a 'low' salary for people in those roles apparently :colonhash:

Some can earn as much as £350k while your already half-starving lecturer gets laid off and his department closes down. Funny old world we live in :flute:. I do wonder if lecturers are often stick thin and cheaply dressed because they're dirt poor, not because of academic eccentricity.

Funny indeed, most of the rearrangements in the world are to keep the people at the top rich, god forbid they get a salary cut.

I think they call it bureaucracy or something.
When a quiet night out turns into rounds of tequila slammers with a bunch of randomers.
Reply 789
when the end of semester means eating tins of beans every night, due to only having £5 savings left
Original post by k3ro
when the end of semester means eating tins of beans every night, due to only having £5 savings left

when the end of semester means eating soup every night because you're trying to use everything up :/
Reply 791
Original post by SpiritedAway
when the end of semester means eating soup every night because you're trying to use everything up :/

aha! i got out of this by trading my soup for other food with my friends

i ended up with pot noodles, super noodles and fish fingers. but NO SOUP
Take a freezer bag to the all you can eat chinese buffet and live off spring rolls for 2 weeks.
Reply 793
you get a Gregg's sausage roll for lunch as a "treat" because it's suddenly become expensive..
when you steal food from a christmas do in order to get yourself through the week.
Reply 795
you decide your hungry, just as the campus shop shuts
Reply 796
you have a student card
Reply 797
when you CONSTANTLY find ways to waste time.

Students are the worlds best procrastinators.
you don't care how fancy the hotel that your christmas ball was held in is, you ask what the cheapest drink is anyway (and subsequently gasp when you learn the cheapest drink is a fiver)
Reply 799
ordering and waiting 45 mins for chinese food is easier than walking those 30 steps to the kitchen and spending 30 mins making something ****ty. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending