The Student Room Group

Xmas gift for GF

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NW86
I have both, and love them both. I use them both in totally different ways and for different tasks (i do play games on both though!)

Thats the kind of answer I was waiting to hear!
Original post by Sharri5
Name calling-- real mature.

Don't care---of course you do :colonhash:

So it damning humanity to disease pain death because someone ate your apple!
500 quid is enough for a short holiday. If you get cheap flights, can give her a trip to paris or rome?
Reply 83
Original post by Left Hand Drive
So it damning humanity to disease pain death because someone ate your apple!

I don't make the rules, I just follow them :colonhash:

Get over it
Original post by Sharri5
I don't make the rules, I just follow them :colonhash:

Get over it

You know I got the monkey in my sig to batter jesus?
Ann summers vanilla bodypaint with sprinkles and massage oil.
Reply 86
You know I got the monkey in my sig to batter jesus?

I don't care about your sig. Don't take your petty anger out on me because you don't like my b-day suggestion.

Why are you giving your girlfriend a gift anyway? If a cow is happy ****ting and chewing grass than surely your girlfriend would be happy ****ting and eating too :confused:

:colonhash:
Original post by Sharri5
I don't care about your sig. Don't take your petty anger out on me because you don't like my b-day suggestion.

Why are you giving your girlfriend a gift anyway? If a cow is happy ****ting and chewing grass than surely your girlfriend would be happy ****ting and eating too :confused:

:colonhash:

Because its the social holiday!

Its not my fault god does not exist!

I'll give the money to the left hand drive foundation for not giving a ****
(edited 12 years ago)
Good idea she does say she need jeans and stuff, can you get ones that are not for just the one store?

yes you can get pre-paid cards. They have a few Terms & Conditions and fees attached though. Supposedly the easiest to use one is the "Extreme cred" card, designed for teenagers who get money loaded onto it by their parents. It has a maximum of £500 that you can put on it at one point, but it can hold more. There's a one off £8.95 fee to create it, and then a £1 a month fee to keep it in existence. I ASSUME you can get one then just cancel it somehow after the money on it is spent, so you don't have to keep spending £1 a month.

They're better because some other pre-payment cards are not seen as valid by some retailers where as according to the company, this card is treated exactly like a credit/debit card, in that everywhere which accepts those will accept this.

I've never tried it myself mind, but I looked into when I had a similar idea to what that person suggested to you. As in knowing my girlfriend needed a few things (jeans, shoes, a dress) etc, but obviously tastes change by the day and I can hardly just buy her clothes and hope they're okay like girls often do for guys haha, so I was thinking of getting something like that.

https://www.extremecred.com/
Meat and a pearl necklace.
Reply 90
A cat.

Or a dog I guess.
Thank you so much:smile:

Hi there. :smile:

Well as it is so close to xmas & NY's it may be very hard to find availability at the prices you are looking for. The hotels have hiked up their prices considerably. :frown:

Well I do have an option for after xmas if you want to keep missus waiting or even as a possibility for another time:

Tallin, Estonia. Very beautiful capital city. Google image if you don't believe me. In jan it adopts this frosty glow. :smile:

Flight example Jan16. London (Easyjet) ---> Tallin and then return on Jan 18th is just shy of £100 including both of you. Add another £28 baggage if you wish but I imagine you could travel light with rucksacks/mini suitcases or just check 1 bag in the hold like I'm doing at the end of the month as I have loadsa shoes and the bf doesn't!

Hotel Example (Domina Inn Ilmarine): Check-in Jan 16th and check out Jan 18th... 103.50 Euros for both nights so I'm gunna round it up and say £200 out of your £500 budget on hotel and flights AND includes Breakfast!. The hotel is nice occupying a converted 19th century factory near the Fat Margaret Gate on of Tallin's attractions. It even boasts a gym and sauna. Have a look on Booking.com so you can book and pay on check-in.

Trip Advisor rates the hotel highly. :smile:

Now for the other £300..... dinner isn't too pricey, bars are easy to find in the old town and you can visit museums near Fat Margaret Gate, Climb Toompea hill beside the Old Town Walls and take in a panaromic view of Toompea castle and a couple of cathedrals.

It is a compact and quaint city but there is enough to do on a weekend. There are other places you can try and find deals like Vienna/Prague/Bruges and Dam for a pretty winter location but Tallin is where I would choose. :smile:
Original post by I<3LAMP
Hi there. :smile:

Well as it is so close to xmas & NY's it may be very hard to find availability at the prices you are looking for. The hotels have hiked up their prices considerably. :frown:

Well I do have an option for after xmas if you want to keep missus waiting or even as a possibility for another time:

Tallin, Estonia. Very beautiful capital city. Google image if you don't believe me. In jan it adopts this frosty glow. :smile:

Flight example Jan16. London (Easyjet) ---> Tallin and then return on Jan 18th is just shy of £100 including both of you. Add another £28 baggage if you wish but I imagine you could travel light with rucksacks/mini suitcases or just check 1 bag in the hold like I'm doing at the end of the month as I have loadsa shoes and the bf doesn't!

Hotel Example (Domina Inn Ilmarine): Check-in Jan 16th and check out Jan 18th... 103.50 Euros for both nights so I'm gunna round it up and say £200 out of your £500 budget on hotel and flights AND includes Breakfast!. The hotel is nice occupying a converted 19th century factory near the Fat Margaret Gate on of Tallin's attractions. It even boasts a gym and sauna. Have a look on Booking.com so you can book and pay on check-in.

Trip Advisor rates the hotel highly. :smile:

Now for the other £300..... dinner isn't too pricey, bars are easy to find in the old town and you can visit museums near Fat Margaret Gate, Climb Toompea hill beside the Old Town Walls and take in a panaromic view of Toompea castle and a couple of cathedrals.

It is a compact and quaint city but there is enough to do on a weekend. There are other places you can try and find deals like Vienna/Prague/Bruges and Dam for a pretty winter location but Tallin is where I would choose. :smile:

thank you so much:biggrin:
Thats an extreme budget.
Get her something nice but also something more meaningful than isn't just materialistic.
Your the only one who can know what is the meaningful thing.
Original post by JohnFarrell
Thats an extreme budget.
Get her something nice but also something more meaningful than isn't just materialistic.
Your the only one who can know what is the meaningful thing.

don't hit me with that!
Just by having a quick search on easy jet... flights leaving from Edinburgh to Milan in middle of Jan - like £150 for both of you and 1 20kg suitcase of luggage between you for a Friday-Sunday. Although, Milan's not the most exciting place ever, but good for shopping. I went there in the summer so I'm pretty sure you could get somewhere really nice to stay for under £200 for both nights... leaving £150 for food/getting to airport/taxis/tube etc.
Similarly, there were flights to Paris... which is probably nicer.
don't hit me with that!

Its something as simple as choosing some songs and making them into a mix tape of going somewhere special with her for the day without it costing loads.
It should be more who shes doing it with and not what your giving her (hah that sounds wrong :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending