The Student Room Group

Why do people do this? Is it a form of bullying or do I over think stuff?

Im in my twenties and have always been very introverted, reserved and never really had any close friends. Ive never been the 'cool' type at high school lads made fun cause of what i said/how i said things etc I was just very quiet and rarely spoke. Anyway Im at uni doing a healthcare/nursing degree and find i get on better with the older men lol ive always been more comfortable around older people for some reason. Anyway there are 3 girls/women, well two 23 year olds and a 37 year old, who i found i could have a laugh with at the start but i know they are not really friends more like bullies.

If I speak in a lecture I notice that 2 of them look at each other and smirk, its not just me thats noticed this someone else has who i hang around with. It reminds me of being back at school lol and how i used to feel but they are not really doing anything wrong its just annoying. Ive tried talking with them one of them is really talkative but they just come out with sarcastic things. I was talking with them a few weeks ago about a lecture which was on stereotypes in healthcare and how according to one stereotype mentioned we were supposed to be 'overweight, tired etc' I was just saying how it was unfair and one of them said 'you are not overweight are you' then the older woman said 'yea but you have crap hair though, no offence'. Lol I dont get it im going to start thinking of comebacks Ive always ignored people in the past but it annoys me.

Anyway I want to ask what does it actually mean when people your age look and smirk at each other when you speak, I mean am I making a big deal over nothing? Do people usually just shrug this stuff off, its just I never see it happening to anyone else. Im female btw if it makes any difference.
i wudnt calll it bully but thats disrespectfull
i would stop hanging out with these people to be honest. these people are obviously full of themselves and insecure....i mean why would any normal person would tell something that they have crap hair when they weren't asked for their opinion on it? that's just really insensitive and yeah.....just try to make other friends
Reply 3
I agree with the above, u need to be careful around people like thid. They are the type who talk behind your back and take the piss etc if possible try and make new friends or try not hanging around with them too much.
They sound like real pieces of work. Best to avoid them, and that comment that one made was very spiteful, you should have insulted her back and then said (no offence) and see how she liked it.
Reply 5
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
They sound like real pieces of work. Best to avoid them, and that comment that one made was very spiteful, you should have insulted her back and then said (no offence) and see how she liked it.

I nearly did but I ignore everything so they think it doesnt bother me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending