The Student Room Group

2012 Consulting Interviews / Rejections / Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Bangladesh Rocks
Hi, I've applied to LEK too and I am still waiting to hear from them. Would like to know when did you apply?

Back in November before the deadline (full time rather than internship).
Reply 321
Original post by VannyVIS

Hey you guys,

has anyone heard from LEK? I applied to them like ages ago and never heard anything back. My current status:

McK: rejected
BCG: final round next week
Bain: Waiting
Roland Berger: final round the week after next
Booz: Rejected
SKP: offer
Deloitte: rejected
PwC Strategy: AC in two weeks
LEK: waiting
OW: tests in March
Accenture: offer

If anyone wants to have a skype session to practice some cases just drop me an email :smile:
All the best!

Hi,

Would be great to practice cases with yourself, I have interview with SKP coming soon.

Thanks!
For people that applied to Capgemini.. how long after submitting your application did it take for them to get back to you?
Reply 323
about 2 and a half weeks - rejection
Reply 324
Anybody else have an LEK final round tomorrow?
Reply 325
Hey you guys,

has anyone heard from LEK? I applied to them like ages ago and never heard anything back. My current status:

McK: rejected
BCG: final round next week
Bain: Waiting
Roland Berger: final round the week after next
Booz: Rejected
SKP: offer
Deloitte: rejected
PwC Strategy: AC in two weeks
LEK: waiting
OW: tests in March
Accenture: offer

If anyone wants to have a skype session to practice some cases just drop me an email :smile:
All the best!

When is your start date for Accenture, and when did you receive your offer.

Most people who received offers late last year aren't starting until mid-late 2013, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Thats means everybody starting at Accenture in 2013, all 500+ grads, would have had to take gap years.
Reply 326
LEK offer! :biggrin:
Original post by SameOld
LEK offer! :biggrin:

Congratulations!
LEK internship rejection.
Only BCG and OW to go, which is good because as I understand it neither of those two firms have many applicants at all :frown:
Original post by rmorrison12
LEK internship rejection.
Only BCG and OW to go, which is good because as I understand it neither of those two firms have many applicants at all :frown:

Exactly the same situation as you. LEK rejection, but waiting on BCG and OW.

OW should be in touch soon considering it's past their 25th Jan date?
Original post by Impossible_Living
Exactly the same situation as you. LEK rejection, but waiting on BCG and OW.

OW should be in touch soon considering it's past their 25th Jan date?

Yeah they should be, but that doesn't mean they will. I'm not overly hopeful of getting anywhere to be honest, I think this year sucks more than most because a lot of people who would otherwise have gone for banking have applied for management instead.
Original post by rmorrison12
Yeah they should be, but that doesn't mean they will. I'm not overly hopeful of getting anywhere to be honest, I think this year sucks more than most because a lot of people who would otherwise have gone for banking have applied for management instead.

Very true. I wasn't going to bother with consulting apps, but after seeing that banking is really tough this year, sent out a few to the big name consultancies. I'm not really expecting anything out of consulting apps though, but you never know, they might see a spark.
Reply 332
Has anyone heard back from BCG regarding summer internship? First rounds?
I applied beginning of December. Do they get back to candidates after the deadline?
Original post by HJones123
Has anyone heard back from BCG regarding summer internship? First rounds?
I applied beginning of December. Do they get back to candidates after the deadline?

I emailed HR a week or so ago and they said they review all applications after the deadline and expect to hear back early february.
Reply 334
Just got an email from capgemini saying their management consulting roles have all been filled. Which is disappointing considering i was waiting for a phone interview with them... Oh well 3 applications left to go down the toilet!
Just logged into OW and they have sent me the tests to do. Although you have to do them in person somewhere (they only offered me Oxford tomorrow). Personally, i have a banking internship so not going to bother doing them, but to those who are waiting for OW i would log in and check because i got no email invite.
I got a call from Simon-Kucher and Partners today (i couldn't pick up) saying to call them back about my application for the summer internship. Does anyone reckon it's an interview offer? I have already accepted a GS MO banking internship and so would probably not do SKP but i'm just wondering.
Original post by Industrious Orca
I got a call from Simon-Kucher and Partners today (i couldn't pick up) saying to call them back about my application for the summer internship. Does anyone reckon it's an interview offer? I have already accepted a GS MO banking internship and so would probably not do SKP but i'm just wondering.

Well it's probably not a call to tell you you're rejected, especially if it's pre-interview. :smile:
Original post by Impossible_Living
Well it's probably not a call to tell you you're rejected, especially if it's pre-interview. :smile:

That's what i'm thinking. Just very surprised as i basically reused the same cover letter for all consultancies so my SKP one was talking about management consulting as it also went to bcg, mck, bain, booz etc as well. How is SKP generally thought of in the industry? Would you consider going with them rather than a middle office goldman sachs internship? I probably won't take the interview but obivously want to be sure that i'm not turning down a 50k contract with the best consulting company for a middle office banking role.
Original post by Industrious Orca
That's what i'm thinking. Just very surprised as i basically reused the same cover letter for all consultancies so my SKP one was talking about management consulting as it also went to bcg, mck, bain, booz etc as well. How is SKP generally thought of in the industry? Would you consider going with them rather than a middle office goldman sachs internship? I probably won't take the interview but obivously want to be sure that i'm not turning down a 50k contract with the best consulting company for a middle office banking role.

I think it depends on what you want to do further down your career. If you want to end up in consulting, then you should obviously pursue this interview. If however you want to work in middle office banking, then GS would be more than perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending