The Student Room Group

Need help with applying to uni!

Need urgent help, im really confused at the moment and any help would be appreciated.

I have an accelorated curriculum at my school, which means i did my GCSE's and started my A levels a year early.

In year 11, i did AS Law, AS Psychology, Certificate in financial studies(which some universties accept as the same ucas points as an A level, when done with the diploma, which i did) and I started 3 year Alevel maths.

In year 12, i did A2 Law, A2 psychology, Diloma in financial studies (the a2 basically), the second year of 3year maths and i picked up AS Business Studies. I got a B in law, however, this year(year 13) i am retaking unit 4 in the summer without going to lessons, as i only need 75% for an A*. I got a B in diploma of finance. i got an E in Psychology, however i am retaking the A2 units in January in this year(year 13), without going to lessons and i got an E in AS Busiess studies, which im reatking this year. I got a D in maths, however im carrying it on this year on to A2 level and retaking 2 units in Jan.

This year, im doing AS Economics, AS Business Studies(retake) and the last year of 3 year maths (which is exatly the same as the A2 year). I retaking the A2 units of psychology in Jan and Law unit 4 in the summer. I want to study accounting and finance at uni.

I would be very grateful if you could answer my questions

Will the universities only accept the subjects i did in year 11 and 12, or will year 13 go towards ucas point aswell?

If they will only accept year 11 and 12 subjects, then how do i let them know that im retaking units, without going to lessons? will i need to enter the grades i have, then reenter new grades as pending? or mention it in my personal statement?

Who do i get rerefenecs from, teachers for law and psycholgy(year 11&12), maths (yr 12&13) or AS subjects im doing this year (business and economics)?

Do i enter my subjects that they probably will not accept (i.e. maths, AS business, AS econmics)?

Will they accept 3 year maths? (its basically the AS half in two years and then the A2 half in the last year)?

As im retaking AS business this year, will they accept it if they accept only alevels over the two years (11&12)?

If i apply to a uni that accepts three subject grades, not points, then can i choose which ones to apply with, e.g. law, psychology and finance rather than law, psychology and maths?

Thank you in advance, i know i should have applied already, but im really confused at the moment, and the ucas advisor at my school is pretty useless.
Original post by r17
Need urgent help, im really confused at the moment and any help would be appreciated.

I have an accelorated curriculum at my school, which means i did my GCSE's and started my A levels a year early.

In year 11, i did AS Law, AS Psychology, Certificate in financial studies(which some universties accept as the same ucas points as an A level, when done with the diploma, which i did) and I started 3 year Alevel maths.

In year 12, i did A2 Law, A2 psychology, Diloma in financial studies (the a2 basically), the second year of 3year maths and i picked up AS Business Studies. I got a B in law, however, this year(year 13) i am retaking unit 4 in the summer without going to lessons, as i only need 75% for an A*. I got a B in diploma of finance. i got an E in Psychology, however i am retaking the A2 units in January in this year(year 13), without going to lessons and i got an E in AS Busiess studies, which im reatking this year. I got a D in maths, however im carrying it on this year on to A2 level and retaking 2 units in Jan.

This year, im doing AS Economics, AS Business Studies(retake) and the last year of 3 year maths (which is exatly the same as the A2 year). I retaking the A2 units of psychology in Jan and Law unit 4 in the summer. I want to study accounting and finance at uni.

I would be very grateful if you could answer my questions

Will the universities only accept the subjects i did in year 11 and 12, or will year 13 go towards ucas point aswell?

If they will only accept year 11 and 12 subjects, then how do i let them know that im retaking units, without going to lessons? will i need to enter the grades i have, then reenter new grades as pending? or mention it in my personal statement?

Who do i get rerefenecs from, teachers for law and psycholgy(year 11&12), maths (yr 12&13) or AS subjects im doing this year (business and economics)?

Do i enter my subjects that they probably will not accept (i.e. maths, AS business, AS econmics)?

Will they accept 3 year maths? (its basically the AS half in two years and then the A2 half in the last year)?

As im retaking AS business this year, will they accept it if they accept only alevels over the two years (11&12)?

If i apply to a uni that accepts three subject grades, not points, then can i choose which ones to apply with, e.g. law, psychology and finance rather than law, psychology and maths?

Thank you in advance, i know i should have applied already, but im really confused at the moment, and the ucas advisor at my school is pretty useless.

See my replies to you in the other thread you posted this same post:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1842002

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending