The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Met Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloem12
you could book from the 1st of feb! i want too, but i thought you had to receive an email to be invited to one and i haven't got an email yet :/

okay thanks i'm going to book tonight then! yeah i think you do you'll get one soon then
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Original post by Soulscare
Getting really tired of waiting to hear back from Leeds -.- I wanted to apply for Opal but I checked the site and it said Opal 1 & 2 are fully booked =/

i rang up and opal isnt booked up so dont worry that website will be for 2011 not 2012
Reply 222
Original post by lucystudent
i rang up and opal isnt booked up so dont worry that website will be for 2011 not 2012

Ah nice one :smile: Would give you plus rep if I had any left xD
Reply 223
okay thanks i'm going to book tonight then! yeah i think you do you'll get one soon then

i checked and you don't need an email just an offer...i think? i went on the leeds met wesbite made an accountant and it said that i had been invited to an applicant day on there! so i've registered for one :smile:
Original post by chloem12
i checked and you don't need an email just an offer...i think? i went on the leeds met wesbite made an accountant and it said that i had been invited to an applicant day on there! so i've registered for one :smile:

thats good then! :smile: i'm going on the 18th of feb for mine

dont worry i've been waiting since november to hear back from them they are really slow
Hoping to study forensic computing and not sure about whether carnegie village or kirkstall brewery. Received my offer and am likely to put it as my firm choice :smile:
Original post by erryberry
you're all so lucky with offers hahaa, i'm dying with anticipation here :')

I do, iv confirmed it as my first choic and cant wait to start :biggrin: x
Original post by Aijin
Feels like I'm stalking you LOL but I also applied (as you know...) and heard back in about 2 weeks time. I already had my grades though so may be different. I'm sure you'll hear back soon! Leeds Met seem slow with their replies. No news is good news...! :wink:

Lol still haven't heard from them :frown:.. Someone at my college also applied there and hasn't heard back either so there's still hope :P I got a conditional offer for the same course but in London, so I don't see any reason they wouldn't at least give me an interview! Fingers crossed :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 229
My UCAS track just got updated to unsuccessful from Leeds Met :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 230
My UCAS track just got updated to unsuccessful from Leeds Met :frown:

What are your predicted grades? D:
Reply 231
Original post by DannyD94
What are your predicted grades? D:

BBC, but they said my Personal Statement wasn't good enough :frown:
Reply 232
BBC, but they said my Personal Statement wasn't good enough :frown:

Oh, have you got other offers?
Reply 233
Original post by DannyD94
Oh, have you got other offers?

Not yet, but I reaaaally wanted Leeds so I might just take a year off...
Reply 234
That sucks :frown: but yeah, take a year off if you really want leeds, it'll seem like no time at all before you're getting it all sorted again xD i'm having a year off atm, i'll be 19 when i start uni, the year off is goood XD
Reply 235
Basicly I never applied to leeds met, ask i didnt research into the uni's that much but i ended up applying for manchester met and got an offer as it has a new business school as i want to do business management. I want to go to a city where is really sociable and lively. I heard manchester is but leeds seems to have an edge and my mate is going their. I just hope i havent made a massive mistake. the upside is manchester is only like an hour from leeds and liverpool either side so I can always get a coach or train to nearby cities and go out alot. I just annoyed i could have a better uni life in leeds. hmmm any feedback?
Reply 236
Not sure if this the place to ask but for those who have received offers, have you heard anything else from the uni? I got my offer in about mid-Jan.. all they did was update track. No email or confirmation letter... haha, are they just reaaaaally slow with correspondance?
Original post by Mr_indi_
Basicly I never applied to leeds met, ask i didnt research into the uni's that much but i ended up applying for manchester met and got an offer as it has a new business school as i want to do business management. I want to go to a city where is really sociable and lively. I heard manchester is but leeds seems to have an edge and my mate is going their. I just hope i havent made a massive mistake. the upside is manchester is only like an hour from leeds and liverpool either side so I can always get a coach or train to nearby cities and go out alot. I just annoyed i could have a better uni life in leeds. hmmm any feedback?

I'm from near Leeds and had a lot of mates go to uni there and it is good for nights out and that but I've had mates go to manc met as well and Manchester is just as good for nights out. Leeds does have the bonus of having the largest student population outside London and it is right in the middle of GB.

I wouldn't worry about it though, like you said Leeds and Manchester aren't far away at all! I've had conditional offers from both Leeds and Manchester and to be honest I can't decide between them.
Original post by Aijin
Not sure if this the place to ask but for those who have received offers, have you heard anything else from the uni? I got my offer in about mid-Jan.. all they did was update track. No email or confirmation letter... haha, are they just reaaaaally slow with correspondance?

After I started to get my offers at the start of Jan I was getting confirmation letters and emails etc 3 weeks to a month later, think they are quite slow with all that!
hi, i sent away my accomodation form a week ago, and was just wondering does anyone know roughly how long it takes for a reply to come back? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending