The Student Room Group

House stinks of weed thanks to new flatmate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
how do you get rid of a smell? are you ****ing kidding? open a window jheeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Reply 21
Burn candles all around the house (try not to set anything on fire). Alternatively, have a small bonfire in the garden or even burn leaves and stuff on your BBQ and open all the windows. Leave cut onions, fruits around the house. Spray air freshener in each room. Cook something like a curry on the night too, OR, purposely burn something (turn off smoke detectors first) and that will definitely get rid of the smell. Your house will probably small very strange, but I'm pretty sure the weed smell will go!
Reply 22
He can't smoke if he's dead. Just saying.
Reply 23
burn some of those incense stick thingies. they wreak too, but at least it will mask the weed. and also he may get the hint.
I never understand why smells such as weed bother people so much...

You'd ****ing hate my house lol stinks of it 24/7 even had some complaints from the smell coming from the window according to the landlord.

It's just a smell.. if it really bother's you that much ask him if he minds trying to blow the smoke out the window and also buy yourself an odor neutraliser or incense (but if your bothered by weed i'm guessing you'd hate incense).

Don't be a dick and report him, that's just pathetic and could potentially **** up some poor blokes uni/life.
Original post by Spetznaaz

Don't be a dick and report him, that's just pathetic and could potentially **** up some poor blokes uni/life.

I never was going to be a "dick" and report him. He's a nice guy and ive spoken to him about it and he is trying to get rid of the smell as much as me and others in the house.
And the smell bothers me because I think its disgusting. Not everyone agrees but I don't want to be smelling it in my own personal space. I am studying primary ed and I cant exactly go into placement with my clothes which are on my clothes airer stinking of weed.
You could say you like baking and ask the guy if he has ever tried eating his cannabis. Try to get him into that instead of smoking it
Well firstly I'd explain to the guy that he's stinking your room out and you don't like it. Hopefully that will sort the problem our, but if that doesn't work, given that he's probably not allowed to smoke anything in his room, you could just threaten to report him (not actually report him) unless he does it outside. No more smell for you, he still gets to have a joint, no problems :smile:

In my house last year the guys who smoked / did weed just went outside anyway so we didn't have this problem (except for the occasional time when they'd get really high and smoke in their rooms or the lounge) but if it's bugging you just talk to him!
Reply 28
Orange with cloves stuck in it , will cover the smell and make your house smell like Christmas :smile:
Reply 29

Get him to buy some of these
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bobsyourteapots
I never was going to be a "dick" and report him. He's a nice guy and ive spoken to him about it and he is trying to get rid of the smell as much as me and others in the house.
And the smell bothers me because I think its disgusting. Not everyone agrees but I don't want to be smelling it in my own personal space. I am studying primary ed and I cant exactly go into placement with my clothes which are on my clothes airer stinking of weed.

Yea sorry i wasn't implying you were, i just mean, that would be a dick move, as some people suggested it.

Fair enough if it bothers you, your entitled to breath fresh clean air in your own room, i just personally find the smell so irresistible, that i just don't get how anyone could find it disgusting, but yea fair enough if you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending