The Student Room Group

House stinks of weed thanks to new flatmate

We got a new flatmate at uni halls yesterday and ever since he got in the house has stunk of weed!
He lives next door to me and the smell has came into my room and I've been spraying air freshener all day but it hasn't gone!
The smell has spread to pretty much all of the house including downstairs bedrooms and as we have bedroom inspections on friday I want it gone quick.

Any suggestions on how I can get rid of the smell of weed?

Scroll to see replies

My mum says if you cut half an onion and leave it, it gets rid of bad smells works particularly well for paint.
Consult it with him, devise plan to reduce smell of weed, get high.
Reply 3
Original post by Bill_Gates
My mum says if you cut half an onion and leave it, it gets rid of bad smells works particularly well for paint.

But then your house will smell of onions...
Original post by Elwyn
But then your house will smell of onions...

This is a common misconception its really not that bad.
Original post by Bobsyourteapots
We got a new flatmate at uni halls yesterday and ever since he got in the house has stunk of weed!
He lives next door to me and the smell has came into my room and I've been spraying air freshener all day but it hasn't gone!
The smell has spread to pretty much all of the house including downstairs bedrooms and as we have bedroom inspections on friday I want it gone quick.

You could try oust it works fairly well for my puppy.
Reply 6
Fabreeze? Oranges and lemons sliced? Fruity air fresheners, hoover a bit too, always makes the place smell better :smile:
Reply 7

Help him smoke it till it's all gone. Or get him to invite me over.
Reply 8
****ing kill him. I'm jkin not yet warn him first.
Reply 9
Amateur. he needs to devise a schedule of smokage and baking to fit with inspections. Giving plenty of time to air out the stale odour then cover it with the smell of fresh baking. Flawless plan.
Reply 10
Alternatively just cook something pungent like a vindaloo in your own house and let him get busted.
Reply 12

Call the Rozzers. They'll remove the cause straight away. :p:
Start smoking crack to over-power the smell.
Buy him a vapouriser.
Reply 15
Burn candles get rids of the smell quite fast, but you will need a lot, off to poundland for you then.
Reply 16
tell security...its inconsiderate to move in with other people and presume that they won't mind their flat smelling of weed and smoke...what if someone had asthma?
Original post by Tee215
tell security...its inconsiderate to move in with other people and presume that they won't mind their flat smelling of weed and smoke...what if someone had asthma?

But I do have asthma....

You could try oust it works fairly well for my puppy.

Does your puppy smoke weed too?

why the smell is awesome :biggrin:

and i really hate this i don't actually smoke but i respect peoples right to smoke in there own room they shouldn't be treated like scum and made to stand outside in the cold/rain just to have a ciggy
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending